Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Myristate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Parfum/Fragrance, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract, Lecithin, Sodium PCA, Tapioca Starch, Dehydroacetic Acid, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Linalool, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Morus Alba Root Extract, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Geraniol, Eugenol, Tocopherol, BHT

ok this is the best hand cream, i normally hate hand cream because i find it way too greasy and i jut hate that feeling, i got this as a free sample and it just melts into your hands instantly- instant moisture with none of the grease perfect!!also i love the smell i think is lovely. after my sample ran out i went and bought it from clarins, ok its expensive for a hand cream but it lasts a long time and its the best one out there on the market i feel.

on 5/11/2010 5:32:00 PM

Got this free, quite happy to get it. Its grand, as in, its a cream for your hands, but thats about all they got right, mositure is there for a while and then its like you never used it, weird smell, not something that i want on my hands, but i would put up with it if it worked. Stupid twist lid on the sample is well stupid, if i havent applied enough the first time, i have no chance of getting more out. Cant speak for the prober packaging as this is a sample.
Happy to throw it into my handbag and use it in a pince, but would pick my supermarket brand over this one again and again. Wont be buying ever.

I was given this as a gift and thought it would be a good product. Sadly did not live up to my expectations. I did not mind the perfume although I have smelt better, it was the actual moisturising which for me just was not enough, sank into the skin but the moisturising effects soon wore off. There are far better hand creams, many costing less which work far better even in the cold, wet days of winter. I would not buy this for myself.

on 3/27/2010 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is an amazing hand cream, just the right thickness for me. Very soothing to chapped, raw hands. I usually hate smelly lotions, but this smells really good. More expensive than I prefer, but worth it to me if only used in the winter.

on 3/13/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Very effective at keeping my hands soft. The only complaint I have about the product is that immediately after I apply it, I have a hard time opening containers and doorknobs. But it's not a big deal. I'd rather have soft hands!

on 2/2/2010 3:07:00 PM

This is the best hand cream I have ever used! I have developed very dry patches on my hands (knuckles, etc.) and have tried everything without success (including cortizone cream and neosporin...since my hands were that bad). I used this hand cream ONE TIME at a department store while walking by the Clarins counter and within a day, my hands were healing! I couldn't believe it. I gave it a "3" on price because I do think $30 for any hand cream is silly. However, I will continue to use this product and yes, pay $30.

on 1/23/2010 5:01:00 PM

This is my HG handcream. I have contact dermatitis and despite trying lots ( Roc, Aveda, Nuetrogena, Soap and Glory) this is one I buy over and over again. This is the only beauty product ever that I have bought more than twice! But luckily people know my addiction now and I got 2 tubes for Christmas. Ok so the smell is slightly old lady but it disappears quickly and some people find th smell great! I have to wash my hands a lot in work so I can put this on , it sinks straight away and I can get on with my work without waiting for the hand cream to sink. plus it has made my naisl so strong! Love love love love it!!!

on 1/10/2010 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Received this expensive hand cream as a Christmas gift. Like other Clarins productsit's highly scented, with a ... "conservative", floral/makeup-ey scent. At least the scent fades fast and leaves behind enduring improvement to my hands, especially to my nails and cuticles. I am reluctantly won over.

The packaging irritates me - it's in a tube with a screw top. The screw top is annoying to handle with freshly-moisturized hands. And their foot cream, in the same gift box, comes with a flip top.

It's the nicest hand cream I've ever tried, but I really wish they'd dial down that scent.

on 12/16/2009 2:27:00 PM

I just couldn't get past the smell. It was not a pretty smell at all - it reminded me of the old women at church - kind of a dusty, perfumey smell. It did an adequate job of moisturizing my hands, but no better than some drugstore brands. It took a few minutes to absorb completely. If you find that you like the fragrance, you might be happy to know that it lingered for a long time.

on 11/1/2009 5:26:00 AM

It's good but I've tried better - namely SVR Creme Mains. I always dabble with the main cosmetic brand names and for SPF that's what I always carry in my purse (Shiseido, Natura Bisse, Lancome, Clarins etc. - any hand cream with SPF) - but for a staple hand cream I've been using SVR Creme Mains winter spring summer and fall for over 10 years. This Clarins hand cream - Creme Jeunesse des Mains - is good, especially if you like your hand cream to absorb quickly and leave no trace. It doesn't have a souffle texture but it behaves souffle-ishly. People with hands that are not too dry will probably love it. It has the typical Clarins fragrance that you'll find in the Hydra Quench line and the Moisture Rich Body Lotion - nice the first time but eventually it's too particular. The tube is a bit too large for the purse - in my opinion. I don't carry this one around. Won't buy this again when the tube is done because I think SVR Creme Mains is the best. BUT I do like the SPF version of this hand cream and THAT I do rebuy from time to time. (It's a bit liquidy though).

UPDATE 5/1/11: I was here today and noticed that in this review I'm raving about SVR Creme Mains - so in case I accidentally convinced someone who happens to have eczema to try it please note that as of last year I had to stop using it cause it started to flare up my eczema. I guess I might have developed an intolerance to it after all these years.

Top Rated Clarins Products