MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder

3.8

Talc, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tetrasodium Edta, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Ultramarines, Ci 19140

on 6/15/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm not sure about this. It's supposed to be sheer, but I don't think it even shows up at all. I just was hoping to use this alone during the summer...but if it doesn't show up its not really worth it. And I use the prep&prime powder to set my makeup. so this is kinda worthless to me.

on 5/31/2009 6:01:00 PM

Now i like this item and i hate it all at once, i'm totally unsure about it. I like that it is quite lightweight but i can see why people have written it is cakey. i find it quite streaky to be honest, the colour does not apply evenly and i'm often being told by my boyfriend (once i get out into the light) that certain parts of my face look more orange than others. I do have a huge problem with oily skin on my nose and quite a lot of other powders i've tried have only made this worse, and what i like about this item is that it did not, it kept it totally perfect all day long. I think i would buy this item again, but i would invest in a good pressed powder first (chanel's is good but pricey) and then buy this in a colour lighter than my skin to apply after the pressed powder simply to my nose area. I wouldn't buy this again because i think it is too pigmented and had the tendancy to make my skin orange. It had no reflective qualities (for example i love benefit's get even pressed powder because it has a yellow quality to it) and unless i was going in to a dark club i would fear i looked like a tangerine. I used it once all over my face and then decided not to use it again. For that price i recommend you steer clear of this powder and invest in a better quality one that wont make you look orange!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It does not give good coverage; and looks cakey when I apply a little more to give some coverage. Does not do much to cover up my skin. Can be rather drying too.

on 5/20/2009 3:35:00 PM

I love it!! It feels lightweight and it looks nice on my skin!

on 3/24/2009 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I bought the MAC moistureblend, pressed blot powder and sheer loose powder all at once.
This really sucked. It makes my face look cakey and the packaging is a pain. The stuff spills when the container is left upside down. I was very disappointed with this MAC product and will not repurchase this item.

on 12/11/2008 2:10:00 PM

i brought this powder after reviewing on this site. this powder is good, but not great, it does not give a flawless finish, with concealer that is but gives a light-medium coverage on my acne prone/oily skin, but still good coverage for school and just to the corner shops when i dont to wear layers of makeup. it also stays on for quite a while, also the oil control is also very good, as i noticed that when i came bak from school i had minimal oil, which was not that noticeable. i fink that if used over liquid foundation it will give a more flawless skin. i will give an update when i use with liquid fundation. although i fink that it is really exensive for such a small box.

on 11/29/2008 6:35:00 AM

It's the best sheer loose powder I've used. It is indeed sheer, provides light coverage and even out the skin tone.I use it to set my foundation too, it made my face feel tad less oily. I wouldn't say if it's worth the price or not, it's just good but really exy.

on 11/18/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just too expensive. I purchased this one time, but will not rebuy because of the price. For $20+, it only lasted me 1 month (that's not even with daily application). I have switched to N.Y.C., which is decent and much, much cheaper. The MAC does give a softer appearance and lasts a bit longer, but that's not enough to make it worth it for me.

on 11/12/2008 5:20:00 AM

This is my new favourite MAC product. It works great for setting liquid foundation, but it also works great on its own to even out skin tone. It looks invisible on my skin and it looks/feels like I have nothing on. It's perfect for people who don't want full coverage for summer, but still want flawless skin that can still breathe. Great for every day makeup. I will continue to buy this for as long as MAC supplies it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a disapintment:( I had wanted this powder for so long, so I finally gave in and purchased it....Big mistake. I haven't had a cosmetic to break my skin out like this in a looonngg time. I have the NC15, which is a pretty good color match. It does a decent job of setting my foundation, and controlling shine (but no moreso than other, less expensive powders). Within a week of using this, my right cheek had 5 !! painful zits and my chin was covered in blackheads (which I have never had a problem w/ before!) This is infuriating. I think MAC is an over-rated, over-priced, over-hyped POS company. My advice is to stay away from this crap. Will NEVER repurchase. (*Murad is really helping my skin, highly recommend it!)

Recommended for Normal Skin