Avon Glazewear (all)

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcum Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dis-DiGlyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fragrance, Saccharin. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 27 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 33 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.
This product has been reformulated under the new name: Ultra Glazwear

on 12/7/2009 1:38:00 AM

I must say I bought a few of these (dazzling diamonds, rave, and classic nude) only because they were on sale; otherwise, I would have only chose one. I do like them: they are NOT sticky, which is great and the ones with sparkle are gorgeous! It is alot of sparkle tho, so if you are just looking for a hint of it, this isn't for you! The pigments are pretty good too, although I thought rave was a bit of a different color online/catalog. (I thought it would have more brown to it and it's actually more red.) The cons: the applicator is too small and also the tube wipes off too much product when removing the applicator, so I usually have to apply like 3-4 times to get the right amount of gloss. I'm not totally sure I'd buy this again, I'd say "maybe".

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My mom used to get these for me (I am a lipgloss ADDICT) and they were so smooth, creamy, GREAT color, lasted well, and had such a great smell. My favorite lipgloss ever. They have many shades that are universally flattering, and they lasted me so long!

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have a ton of these and I always get excited when they have them on sale.Come to think of it I don't think I have ever paid $6.00 for them.I like the old formula much better than the new formula they have now.The old ones were more like a liquid lipstick and the new ones are thinner like a gloss.The ones I have are-

Dazzling Diamond-clear shimmer.I don't care for this one.It would make a good gloss over a lipstick,but the formula is so thick that it pulls the lipstick color right off.

Clear-dime a dozen clear gloss with no shimmer/sparkle.This would also make a good gloss over lipstick,but it is almost impossible to get enough product on the wand.Save your money and buy a clear gloss in a tube if that is what you want.

Rave-shimmery rose-mauve color.When it mixes with my natural pigmented lips the shimmer REALLY shows up which I'm not crazy about,but it's fine for night.

Crimson-dark coppery red color that could have less copper tones to it.All in all it is a unique color with a almost metallic finish to it.

Rosebud-brownish-pink with a hint of red.This one has a creme finish to it and the lasting power is pretty good on this one

Darling Pink-my favorite of them all!!This is a very "grown up"muted,dusty pink.One of the few pinks I can wear.The lasting power is also pretty good.

Cherry Liqueur-berry red color in a creme finish.My second favorite.Also has good staying power.

on 11/15/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using glazewear since high school. And I will not stop wearing them. I like how it gives just the right amount of pigment and shine. I don't find it sticky like other l/g. I really like their shades especially the coral and pink shades.

on 11/13/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I just purchased 2 of these-Sweet Maple and Tickled Pink. I don't like the Sweet Maple because the color is way off from what I expected. The tube shows a nude light brown but it goes on almost clear. The Tickled Pink is a frosty light pink which is ok. I do like that they aren't sticky but I'll be trying other colors in the future. I know there are better glosses out there-I personally love Bonne Bell Lip Lites =)-highly pigmented, non sticky and they smell wonderfull.

on 11/11/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using Avon stuff before I discovered better things for my face. Actually, this Glazewear lip gloss was great once upon a time. The colors were good, not too goopy, and the fragance and taste was not bad. Apparently, Avon is fond of changing their formulas in drastic ways throughout all their products. I bought a newer formula gloss recently because I had to finally throw out my old ones, and I didn't like the new one. The color was not what I expected, a bit more garish, and the gloss was definitely goopier. It is still not bad for the price, but I've since switched to Buxom lip glosses and am staying with those.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The model in the catalog totally rocked the shade she was wearing. I`ve tried this lipgloss in multiple shades multiple times. The best thing about it was that it wasn`t sticky. However, the shades were completely off from what they were shown as in the catalogs. They also do not stay on your lips for very long.

I gave the old formula 4 lippies--it was one of the best lip glosses I've ever tried. It was long-wearing and non-sticky. The new version is not as pigmented, and not long-wearing at all. Boo. :-(

on 10/1/2009 1:54:00 PM

This is my favorite lipgloss of all times. I have been using it since Middle School. I love the formula, not too sticky. The colors are pretty sheer but overall they look great! I love these and I will keep buying them for the rest of my life.

on 9/24/2009 8:27:00 AM

I think the new Glazewear formula might be a little stickier than the old one. My new tube, however, has given me applications lasting up to 4-5 hours. This means it's great to wear to work, because touch-ups are minimal. All-in-all I really like the new formula. I don't mind a little stickiness if it means long-wearing.

Recommended for Medium Skin