December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased in NC20 to compliment my Matchmaster in NW20. It is very finely milled. Applied with a brush not the little sponge. I use it sparingly and find it sets foundation well. Didn't look cakey or too powdery. It didn't get a 5 from me because it is pricey and i'm not sure I couldn't get just as good in a cheaper price range but i do like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by iKittyLuv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this and my chanel pressed powder are my fav!!
gives a airbrush effect that I LOOVE!!♥

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Well it's like when I write a glowing review the product then fails me!! I now have a love/hate with this one. There's days it works great and others when it don't. Not really sure why but it's unfortunate because it started out great and I thought I found a gem here but guess not.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: They market this as sheer but there is defenite pay-off and it's probably more like light coverage. I just recently purchased a powder foundation from Too Faced and I liked it, I was looking for somehting that would give a tad bit of coverage and help with the oilies as well as set my studio sculpt foundation. It was okay but even using a fluffy brush and a light hand it was putting down too much color. So I decided on this and I cannot believe how good this is at controlling oil, probably the best I've found to date. After I apply my studio sculpt foundation I apply a light dusting of this all over and then use the sponge that came with and press some into my t-zone area. I don't really care for the sponge that came with it but I don't have any others so it's working for now. I also wish (like others have said) that there was a seperate compartment for the sponge so it was more sanitary. Overall I really like this product and the price isn't too painful considering its a high end brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by livinlife23

Best powder I have used to date and I don't lan on switching to anything else. Do not be fooled by the name. This powder provides light coverge. It does not oxidize nor does it make my skin oily throughout the day. Price is steep (for me) but it is very pigmented and will last a long time. I does not have titanium dioxide so it is fine for photography and will not make you look like Casper the Ghost. Basic. It works. Good quality. Enough said.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CandeeNova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually and NC30 in the winter and an NC35 up to NC40 in the summer. With this powder, I find that I have to get one that 1-2 shades lighter. Not only does it run darker but i also oxidizes a little. Just as an example, right now I'm NC35 and I use this powder in NC25.
The powder itself gives a beautiful finish to the skin. I use it with covergirl compact powder puffs all over my skin after foundation. Using it this way helps keep me matte all day. I've tried using it with a brush but I find that it doesn't last as long/very long at all.
What I don't like about this powder other than the inconsistency in the colors is that it transfers easily and its a little pricey.
I wish the packaging was like MAC's studio fix powder where there was a seperate spot for the puff just to keep it more sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST powder I've used so far !

With every single powder that I use, it seems to give me a really cakey look, but when a friend told me about MAC's pressed powder, and how it was supposedly "the best powder out there' , I felt like I had nothing to lose.

A little pricey, but well WORTH IT; it gives a nice sheer cover, and is not cakey AT ALL! (which was a nice surprise, since every other powder seemed to cake on my skin ): )

The little pouf is very soft and gives the perfect cover; not too much, and not too little

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the worlds oiliest skin! This powder has been my holy grail for awhile now. And, I would have never tried it had MAC not given my mom the wrong pressed powder (this instead of studio fix.) It has just a hint of coverage--just enough to set my makeup perfectly! It has been the best powder BY FAR at helping with my oily skin. It doesn't last a 12 hour day but it comes pretty damn close! I have repurchased this powder several times and will continue to do so. I have very oily & sensitive skin, and I get a pimple a few times a month. This has not aggravated my skin at all!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ladyflash13

I bought this powder with the intention of using it to set my makeup and for touch-ups throughout the day. I wasn't very impressed with it; it only works with a very matte foundation, or else goes on patchy. It applied best with a brush, not the sponge that is included (can look too powdery), which is okay for setting make up but not for touch ups on the go, which is what I wanted a compact for. I hit pan on this very quickly, and then found it difficult to use the rest of the product (of which there was still a fair amount). Overall, not an awful product as it matched my skin and felt nice on, but application difficulty lets it down. Especially for the price ($44 AUD) I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Positives:
- Nice, lightweight, healthy feeling
- Nice, lightweight, healthy feeling (yes, I really like the sensation hence Iím counting it twice)

Negatives:
- Can be too powdery
- Create some splotches and uneven skin tone whenever I touch up more than once
- I expect better for the price

At the end of the day, I can name other powders that perform similarly or even better at cheaper prices than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lovejustinb246