July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by yadei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

best foundation that i have used! i love it! there is a big range of colors and it does stay for 15 hours. it looks flawless and natural, not heavy at all. it doesn't clog pores so that's a plus and it controls shine. it doesn't transfer to clothes and it does stay in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I discovered this foundation about two years ago and completely fell in love with it. Over the last twelve years that I’ve been wearing make-up, I have tried an insane amount of different foundations. I have combination skin and in my teen years I struggled with acne. I still get break-outs but not to the same degree as before. This foundation (for me) beats all the rest because it is long-lasting, doesn’t clog my pores or cause acne, glides on smoothly and leaves a lovely semi-matte finish. I swear by it and I continue to try different foundations simply to prove that this one really is the best. Doing this may not be the smartest idea or beneficial to my wallet but it gives me pleasure in knowing that Double Wear will never fail me. The only little issue I have is the packaging - hard to get the product out when it's nearing the end.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I've had many a sample of this, I'm a Chanel Vitalumiere/Aqua and MAC Face & Body user regularly though I have tried all MAC foundations, the EL Invisible Fluid (see reviews) and the Maximum Cover (which i used as concealer and which BTW IS AMAZING AS CONCEALER) but this foundation has many a problem.

Firstly let me preface this by saying it gives a wonderfully full coverage! It has a semi matte finish but the problems with it are these: Blending, it is a nightmare to blend, i tried stipple, buffing, painting, fingers but what you must use to get the full benefits of this foundation is a damp beauty blender or makeup sponge of some sorts! This sets as soon as it touches your skin leaving you with what can be a big cakey mess and uneven foundation! It dries almost instantly so you need a damp sponge to keep it emolient and blendable.

Secondly if you're a first timer with high end the fact that application is an issue might cause you to dislike the foundation meaning you've wasted your hard earned money and they don't tell you this when purchasing! I don't use powder with it but i do find it lasts all day and the best removal method is an oil, Clarins oil cleanser or Extra virgin olive oil works great it really breaks it down. It's very thick and you can defenitely feel it on the skin when wearing it which i personally didn't like. The light version is also very thick and they both have a tendancy to set into lines and emphasize lines you may not have, i found the best way to combat this was with MAC setting sprays i use charged water but fix + would work the same.

I've give this a 4 because i know that there's a huge niche for this foundation who would love the finish and effect if they apply it properly, but personally it wasn't for me, however it wasn't a bad foundation as it did what it claims to do which is provide a full coverage. Personally, i prefer to use thick concealers and light foundations for a more natural and perfected look, the maximum cover of this acts great as a blemish concealer and is great value for money. Works well with MAC face and body and the Vitalumiere range from Chanel, i use aqua for day and vitalumiere original for nights out. (see reviews) I hope this was helpful guys :)

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe this foundation didn't last on me! I thought it was my last hope on my extremely oily skin. I don't have a lot of money to spare on makeup, but I was willing to try this one out. I got a sample and when I put it on, it looked great. I used milk of magnesia underneath and Maybelline's Dream Matte powder over top. In about two hours, I was an oily mess and the foundation had gone patchy in my oiliest areas. It had also sunk into my pores. The effect was simply bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by maddielazarus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing product! Full coverage for a flawless finish that lasts all day! Does oxidise slightly so make sure to get samples before you buy! Sleek design, a little bit goes a long way, however the colour range for very pale skin tones isn't brilliant, had to try 3 different shades to get perfect match, and would have given it full marks if it had a pump! Apart from that an amazing product, well worth the buy especially if your acne prone or have redness or scarring!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by chowyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first non-drugstore foundation. I purchased it purely because drugstore liquid foundations simply weren't cutting it for me. They either made me break out, or they started slopping off my face after a few hours (even after I had set it with loose powder). Definitely not a good!

I purchased this at Singapore's Duty Free at $50. It is indeed a tad pricey, compared to drugstore brands. Furthermore, the bottle is pretty small (30ml), and I thought it wouldn't last me long.

Boy was I wrong! A little foundation definitely goes a long way. The foundation is rather thick, and I would say it provides medium to full coverage. This is perfect for me because I hate wearing concealer, and I just want something which can cover up every blemish, dark spot, and pore. So this lived up to all its claims: it was matte, it didn't start sloughing off my face after a few hours, it covered every imperfection, and it provided a flawless finish. This would be great as a foundation you'd take out when you have that party to go to, but it would definitely feel a bit too heavy for daily use.

Furthermore, I have extremely acne-prone skin. I tend to break out very easily, and my skin gets red and blotchy if I use a product that it does not like :( This foundation is perfect as it is oil-free and non-acnegenic, and doesn't break me out. Tried and tested.

I would recommend getting a sample. The samples are pretty generous, as a little product goes a long way. And there's also so many colors to choose from, so make sure to find one that matches your skin tone!

The downsides: the price is definitely one. Furthermore, while I love how classy the bottle looks with its gold cap and blunt edges, I do NOT appreciate how hard it is to use this product. They should have incorporated a pump or something, which would make it more cleaner, and easier to get product out.

Secondly, when you use this product, remember to use blush or bronzer. Because of the heavy coverage, I find that my face looks a little one dimensional, so I use blusher to put some angles back into my face.

Thirdly, it's a little hard to get off, so you'll need a good makeup remover for this. But this is a small price to pay, really, for such an amazing foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I believe that I finally found the foundation suitable for my acne prone, oily skin! After reading many reviews and trying out drugstore and department store brands nothing can be compared to this one. It really lives up to its promises of keeping skin matte, staying for literally more than 15 hours onto your skin and covering blemishes. I have been using this one for a week now and I must say that it really works wonders even under the humidity here in our country - Philippines.

My morning routine includes washing my face with a soap and applying toner - both recommended by my dermatologist. After which, I put on sunscreen and then this fondi using my clean ring finger. Last portion is setting of Neutrogena Healthy Skin powder using my small kabuki brush. On my way to work Im always exposed to dust, smoke, and humidity. Despite these aggressors, I still get to enjoy radiant and non-oily face. My co-workers even asked me what I'd put on my face. Touch ups for this is minimal my second touch up is at the end of my shift.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by GVPerez1

Ok so when it comes to Foundations I'm very particular about what I wear because when I started using Liquid Foundation I began using MAC and that was a disaster because it made me break out and the foundation would somehow fade away within an hour or two so I had a real hard time finding a foundation that was right for me.

Finally I was tired of having Trial & Errors with several Liquid Foundations so I sought out the help of a Professional. I had specific preferences for the kind of Foundation I was looking for which was that it was Full-Coverage, Won't make me Breakout, Long-Lasting, and Something that doesn't make me look like a cake face.

Finally the make-up artist recommended Estee Lauder D.W and at first I was a bit skeptical because this brand never really caught my attention but I decided to give it a try and finally I felt I found the perfect foundation because it does all the things I want in a Liquid foundation. The price is something I'm not too fond of but at the end of the day its totally worth it! I love this foundation so much that I got my cousin into it and now she's obsessed!! I would definitely recommend this Liquid Foundation!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

I tried this foundation at the recommendation of a make up artist, as I was seeking light foundation coverage for the summer months. I hadn't ever used anything from Estee Lauder because I think it's for "old ladies" but was pleasantly surprised at how well Double Wear worked for my skin. I get compliments and it has great coverage that isn't too heavy. I use spiced sand color and against my tan brown skin as an African American woman this foundation looks great alone over my moisturizer and primers. I would tell friends to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

There is such hype with this product claiming that it stays in place, transfer free, mattifying, oil and shine free foundation that leaves your skin looking flawless. The liquid foundation claims to last for an entire 15 hours!!! My expectations of Estee Lauder have a lot to live up to as I am a make-up junky who is always trying new things- love anything from high end to drug store makeup. Here is my FULL review:

First off, I would highly recommend getting samples of DW before you commit to buying it, purely to make sure that the color is right for you. There is such a wide range of shades available from Estee Lauder and while it may be easy to find a shade to suit you, you just have to be careful that you're being matched to the correct color as the bright lights in department stores are very deceiving. Don't be afraid to go with your gut instinct as I did and go against the advice of the girls at the counter and ALWAYS get a sample first. I ended up going with a different color than what was recommended to me, because I didnt like how warm the shade was. I have bought E.L. at different department stores, and its usually a hit or miss with those sales associates. Some of them know what they are talking about, and some dont. Just be aware of the lighting in the store, its always best to go home and try it out there. Yes, they have testers for you to try but they still do you no good with the lighting- so get a few samples to try, before you spend the $30+ on this product.

The liquid foundation is very powder based which makes it a godsend for oily skin but feared by those with normal to dry skin. If you have normal skin to oily then you'll be fine with this foundation but I really wouldn't suggest it for people with dry skin as the high powder content makes it very drying. If your skin is more combination or oily with dry patches, I would recommend wearing a moisturiser underneath the Double Wear foundation, even people with oily skin who don't wear a moisturiser under their make up can benefit from a layer under their Double Wear. Again though, this is where getting a sample before hand can prove very valuable as you'll be able to tell from a few wears if this is going to be the right foundation for you. I have combination skin and while I did use a primer under the foundation, it looked good in both my dry and oily patches on my face- it didnt look cakey or gross. It was very light, dried like a powder and I never felt like I was wearing a mask at anytime, unlike some other full coverage foundations I have tried. Both the liquid and powder formulas are very buildable. Both the liquid and powder contain an SPF of 10. As a general rule FYI, if you're going to have your photograph taken then you should stay away from foundations that contain an SPF because it reflects the light from the flash and can make your face look lighter than your body. However Estee Lauder promises that Double Wear is photo friendly and since I have tested this out when having my photo taken during the day and on an evening, I can concur with this. Double Wear therefore is great for keeping your skin safe in the sun and great for when you're having your picture taken- result!

Double Wear liquid can be applied using a foundation brush (Estee Lauder has a really good foundation brush that i LOVE using, especially with their products!) or using your finger tips. Since DW liquid has a high powder content and is therefore fast drying, I like to use my fingers to apply it as this keeps the foundation warm and gives you a little extra time to apply it and blend it in. I like to blend it all over my face and down onto my neck. There's nothing worse than seeing someone whos neck is a completely different color to their face! If you decide to apply with a brush, you can apply to your face in sections allowing you to apply the product, and blend it perfectly before it dries and then move on to the next section. Worked beautifully for me (when I wanted to use a brush). Double wear provides a fast, even application with fantastic coverage, five stars there.

Double Wear is designed to stay in place all day and long lasting it certainly is. It has great staying power and it doesn't transfer onto my clothes. This will be great for next winter when I wear a lot of scarves. I love the finish it gives as it really does make my skin look natural and flawless. If you have combination skin like I do, it applies evenly to both my dry patches and oily patches. I have also noticed that all my other makeup just glides on after putting this on, making it a great base. I DO wear a primer under this foundation, to make for easy application, however I have been in a rush and used without and it still works well. ALSO, because of how good this product works as a base, all my other makeup (powder, bronzers, blushes, CHEAP and expensive) glide on so easy, and work wonderfully (with or without primer under this foundation)

The DW liquid foundation is a bit expensive in general, however this is high end makeup. This is no drug store crap, so when I spend $35 on this bottle, I dont feel bad because I could be spending MUCH more for a brand than this. I also believe the quality of the foundation is definitely worth the price tag and it lasts for ages. If theres one thing you spend a lot of money on in your make up bag then let it be a good foundation because I have learned your other, cheaper make up will sit much better on a good base.

The only thing that I disliked about this product, was the bottle that it came in. The bottle with a normal cap works well if you are applying makeup with a sponge, but there are a lot of us who use a brush or our fingertips, and this bottle makes it so hard to stay clean and not make a total mess. They need to put a pump on the top, so those of us who arent using makeup pads dont end up with foundation everywhere. I love Estee Lauders packing though. two stars,

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No