August 27, 2014 | 1957 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2005 7:09:00 PM More reviews by trickylittleb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for traveling or if you're really really tired and you don't feel like washing your face & toning. It's a good TEMPORARY cleanser - I would never use this continuously because I don't think it's as effective as a regular cream or foaming cleanser but it does the trick for normal skin. From the reviews below it seems to work as a permanent cleanser - I just wouldn't use it because I *love* my gentle foaming facial wash (Clarins too). However, this cleanser does have a nice scent to it. It's a little pricey but definitely worth it just to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I instantly fell in love with this cleanser when it came out on the market. And now a few years later it's still the one I use daily for my cleansing routine in the morning! Never have I been more faithful to a skin care product as I have with this. I have dry skin but even though I use this daily it's exfoliating effect hasn't made my skin go any drier, as one might expect it to. To the contrary it has improved and even seems to have gotten better at retaining moisture on the surfice leading to less need to use heavy moisturizers under make up during the day! It's a truly pleasant cleanser that really leaves the skin glowing for a long time after it's use. The smell is terrific and it's citrus'y scent wakes me up better and healthier than any java cup would ever do. Great packaging and size too, compared to jars and big bottles and therefore excellent for travel. Would not use this on the eyes though considering the tiny exfoliating beads and the citrus extracts it contains. Only downside would be the price tag. It's quite expensive considering you only get 125 ml/4.32 OZ in the tube for a price that usually renders a much bigger bottle of a different kind of high end cleanser. But I would still cry rivers if this product were ever to be discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 12:10:00 AM More reviews by hollywoodgurl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Being a lover of toners, I do not personally see a point to using this all encompassing cleanser, toner, moisturizer product. First off, the scent is so strong that it could almost be a perfume as well, thus it is a four in one product in that sense, since the scent really lingers. Overall, I like the Clarins line, but it is so typically French in that there is too friggin' much perfume in all its products, not for the sensitive types and don't get this in your eyes, it will burn like hell!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2005 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

I am on my second bottle.I think this is a good cleanser,toner and remover at the same time.I use it as a remover for my eyes,sometimes when i don't have time or are tierd i take a cotton pad and rinse all my makeup in the face.Then I just take a cream on the face.Really good if you not have mutch time to cleanse your face.It's good that it tones to.Good product,will buy a third bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2005 7:45:00 AM More reviews by groovygirl

Really like this product, it does seem to leave a residue on your skin but after a few mins this soaks in to leave skin feeling soft and clean, I don't even need to use a moisturiser afterwards. I don't use it every day as I don't have the time to be smeering my face with cotton wool (I prefer wash off cleansers) but with regular use it does make my skin a lot clearer and more radiant

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by quickdrawmcgraw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does a good job of removing dirt and makeup, but I have to be careful around the eye area because it stings my eyes like murder if it gets in. If I'm wearing heavier makeup, I sometimes need to repeat with a second cotton pad, but in general I find that this cleanses pretty effectively on the first go. Some possible negatives: the price (astronomical for what is basically a big bottle of eye makeup remover), the smell (on the perfumey side), that you have to shake it up before use, that it leaves a thin oily film on your face (a big gross-out factor for some. Personally I like it), and that the orange extract can be irritating to sensitive people. Everyone has their own preferences, so I recommend getting a sample first and using it up before you consider buying the full-size version. For me (dry, not particularly sensitive, blemish-prone skin) this is a 5 all the way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this b/c of all the good reviews on MUA.However I don't like it at all.First of all,the texture is too oily for my liking. It's just like those eye make up removers which contain oil on top of blue liquid.Only this is orange color with a fake orange smell.It leaves an oily residue after I use it as well and I don't like this either.I'm not even sure if this would be right to use something with this texture in spring time.The bottle is so huge that I'd rather not to put it up for swap though:(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2005 6:00:00 AM More reviews by hudi

Having tried many cleansing washes and cleansing lotions this is one of my favourites. I like the fact that it has the same effect as a scrub every time you use it, but its still gentle. I think the orange is really refreshing. My only down point is price, but to be honest because it works ill keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MissMargo

This is a great product. Because I believe it doesn't remove makeup very well, I use it every morning to cleanse my face. It's a very easy product and it leaves my face soft and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by reggielover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just wanted to give my imput on Clarins One-Step Facial Cleanser. This is a great product for removing your makeup when you don't feel like splashing your face with water! It really takes off all your makeup! You really will notice a difference in the morning after you have been using this for a while. Believe me, I've had problems with my skin for years. Clarins products do work! But please don't confuse this product with One-Step Exfolixating Cleanser. (Also terrific.)