September 19, 2014 | 1570 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas

This smells nice in the tube, but has a really odd smell when I put it in my hair (syntethic like). It doesn't do anything special for my hair, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

This is a pretty good conditioner. It's not my most favorite, but it's a fun product.
It smells yummy, like a banana smoothie from Jamba Juice or something. The smell typically lasts a few hours on my hair.
I only gave it 3 lippies because I feel, conditioner wise, it's rather middle of the road. I like that it doesn't appear to have any silicones on the ingredient list, which is good. It's made up of very simple and natural ingredients.
However, the consistency is very thin, and I typically prefer richer conditioners. I find that I need to use A LOT of this conditioner in order to get results. The first time I tried it, I used a typical amount, but found that it left my hair looking as if I hadn't used conditioner at all. Now I use about two medium sized palm fulls and it works a lot better.
It does make my hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking, but I don't really like the fact that I have to use so much of it. They don't really give you a lot to begin with, so if I were to use this everyday I would go through it crazy-fast. And the thing is, I have long fine hair, so I can only imagine that people with super thick hair must use this stuff like water.
Due to the amount that I have to use, I consider this conditioner a special treat for my hair, rather than a daily conditioner. I only use it on occasion so that I don't run through it too quickly.
It's a fun specialty item, and I would probably repurchase it at some point. I'm definitely glad that I bought it, since it's somewhat rare and the Body Shop doesn't always carry it, but it's not my HG conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like the smell of this conditioner. It also works great. I like the honey conditioner better, but I also really like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jodienas

My hair is quite picky when it comes to the shampoos and conditioners I use. I went to the body shop the other day after reading so many good things about this conditioner and since I heard it wont be on shelves for long I just had to try it. I admit the main reason why I bought this is because its a banana conditioner and I was just so fascinated as I have never heard of banana hair products before. The smell is exactly the same as those banana shaped lollies you buy as a child and this smell to me is a little too strong but it doesn't linger in you hair. So many people say that it smells like real banana's which I totally disagree with and I'm quite disappointed in those reviews as I was expecting it to smell like a banana smoothie based on what they said. I agree with mostly everyone that it is quite hard to squeeze out onto your hand but thats kind of good as I prefer thick conditioners. However even though this product is thick I do need to use more of it then I usually would with other conditioners. The first time I used this I didn't use enough and the result didn't do much for my hair however the second time when I used more my hair was nice and soft and shiny too. I also noticed my hair didn't tangle as much. I hope the body shop decides to keep this one, its obviously a cult favourite from before it was taken off the shelves and I can see a whole bunch of new generations falling in love with this product too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I love this conditioner. It conditions my hair without weighting down my fine hair, it makes my hair shine, bouncy and smell nutty even I really hate banana smell. I rotate my shampoos and conditioners everyday. When it is this conditioner turn, it brings me back to good old days. I am also using honey conditioner, which can be quite heavy at times. Just love how light my hair is when I use this shampoo and conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to give this a try when I saw that it had been reintroduced. I've been really pleased with the results. It's left my fine hair very soft, shiny and not at all weighed down. The scent is a little intense when I first apply it, but as I work it into my hair the scent calms down and actually reminds me a bit of Lush's American Cream. The only real drawback for me is the price vs the amount I have to use each time. The conditioner is sort of thin, so I have to use quite a bit to cover my shoulder length hair- and with the small size of the bottle, I'm going to go through it quickly. I would buy again, but as a special treat, not an everyday conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

After reading the buzz of the Banana conditioner when it was discontinued, I was eager to give it a try when it was reintroduced this year. I absolutely love the Honey conditioner and have been using it for nearly 2 years, I thought substituting it with a different scent would nice. The Banana conditioner does a great job of conditioning the hair except I still find it 2nd in place to the Honey. I took 1 lippie off because of the ingredients. There seems to be less natural oils in the bottle and consequently, I had to use more to condition my hair. The Banana also smells quite synthetic, but it does contain real puree and I love the consistency of it. Overall, its a great product to try, but sadly, I will not be stocking up unless I absolutely cannot find my first choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by vee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have ridiculously dry hair and i remember my mom buying it for me as a kid.. but ive been using TBS' honey shampoo which isnt bad.

The other day while i was buying a bottle of honey i mentioned how much i loved the banana line.. and the sales associate said it would be available in stores before the year ends!! hoorah!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Also in Holland the Banana Conditioner is back. The Body Shop brought back some succesfull products from the past, you can vote for your favourites and when the product gets enough votes it stays in the assortment.

This conditioner gives my fine hair shine and makes it very soft. Maybe a little bit too heavy for my hairtype, but it is a good one.

I cannot find the ingredients anywere, so I don't know if it is exactly the same as 20 years ago.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The banana shampoo and conditioner is back on the shelves here in Sweden for a limited time.

For me, the scent reminds me of childhood. My father once got this for me as a child, since I hated showering. Banana scented conditioner made it so much funnier, so of course I had to buy a bottle now when it is back in stock.

A bit about my hair. I have long, thick but fine hair. Most products weigh it down and makes it flat and boring. On top of that, I've got seborrhoea. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week.

This conditioner is very thick. To the point were it is more or less impossible to shake out of the bottle and kind of hard to divide in your hair. Just a bit more fluid and it would have been perfect.

It makes my hair soft and easy to manage not only just after it has dried, but during the shower and for a few days after too. Even if it is thick, it does not weigh my hair down, it enhances the natural wave in my long hair and generally is a very nice conditioner indeed, especially since it is almost completely natural. Oh, and did I mention the shine?

I will buy a few bottles of this, to have in stock, while I continue searching for the perfect conditioner because even if this is nice, it is limited edition, comes in an impractical bottle and is too thick.