The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 7/2/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Generic conditioner with a great banana fragrance and that's about it. It does nothing for my hair. My hair does not feel conditioned. Ive been using this only after swimming at the gym to use it up. Will not repurchase.

on 6/22/2010 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know if I'm "using it wrong" or something! - but I HATE this conditioner! I've stopped using conditioner for a month now and my hair looks better than it did with conditioner, (weird?), but I decided to just try this out (with the shampoo) to see if my hair would be shinier and softer - wrong - opposite result, my hair was frizzy, flyaways eeeeverywhere, very dry (blame the shampoo, too), it just didn't work for me. The consistancy of this was runny and watery, it felt as though it slipped off my hair, but I'm not too picky about that. The smell, yuck, but I'm not picky about smells, I just want the product to work, screw the smell. I don't know what to do with it now... (my hair texture is normal by the way)

Washing my hair is usually a chore since it's so long and thick, but this conditioner actually makes it enjoyable. It smells like banana popsicles and since it contains real banana puree it feels like I'm putting a smoothie in my hair (which oddly is a good thing) and it just soaks right in. It's ten times better than gooping on some thick chemically conditioner that either causes breakouts or doesn't produce results. It makes my hair soft and smooth and I love everything about it, including the pretty packaging. I paid $8.99 for 8.4 ounces. I don't mind paying a little more for good quality products, and this one is great!

on 4/15/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The trick to this amazing conditioner is to run it under a hot tap for about 30 seconds, it makes the consitency much thinner and easier to use.

on 4/15/2010 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I ending up returning this product. Sure it smells absolutely YUMMO - like sweet banana lollies and I love the thick banana puree texture and colour of it. Full marks for product presentation. But in terms of its performance, I'm not blown away. Lets face it, this is extremely expensive - $18 for a piddly 250ml bottle. Even high end salon brands are cheaper than that. So for that I would expect exceptional results. It is good, but not fantastic. But the main problem was that I seemed to have an allergic reaction to it - my scalp went red and would flake like crazy after using it. Never had that reaction to a conditioner before. Back it went.

on 4/13/2010 4:03:00 PM

This smells nice in the tube, but has a really odd smell when I put it in my hair (syntethic like). It doesn't do anything special for my hair, either.

This is a pretty good conditioner. It's not my most favorite, but it's a fun product.
It smells yummy, like a banana smoothie from Jamba Juice or something. The smell typically lasts a few hours on my hair.
I only gave it 3 lippies because I feel, conditioner wise, it's rather middle of the road. I like that it doesn't appear to have any silicones on the ingredient list, which is good. It's made up of very simple and natural ingredients.
However, the consistency is very thin, and I typically prefer richer conditioners. I find that I need to use A LOT of this conditioner in order to get results. The first time I tried it, I used a typical amount, but found that it left my hair looking as if I hadn't used conditioner at all. Now I use about two medium sized palm fulls and it works a lot better.
It does make my hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking, but I don't really like the fact that I have to use so much of it. They don't really give you a lot to begin with, so if I were to use this everyday I would go through it crazy-fast. And the thing is, I have long fine hair, so I can only imagine that people with super thick hair must use this stuff like water.
Due to the amount that I have to use, I consider this conditioner a special treat for my hair, rather than a daily conditioner. I only use it on occasion so that I don't run through it too quickly.
It's a fun specialty item, and I would probably repurchase it at some point. I'm definitely glad that I bought it, since it's somewhat rare and the Body Shop doesn't always carry it, but it's not my HG conditioner.

on 4/2/2010 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the smell of this conditioner. It also works great. I like the honey conditioner better, but I also really like this one.

on 2/8/2010 1:20:00 AM

My hair is quite picky when it comes to the shampoos and conditioners I use. I went to the body shop the other day after reading so many good things about this conditioner and since I heard it wont be on shelves for long I just had to try it. I admit the main reason why I bought this is because its a banana conditioner and I was just so fascinated as I have never heard of banana hair products before. The smell is exactly the same as those banana shaped lollies you buy as a child and this smell to me is a little too strong but it doesn't linger in you hair. So many people say that it smells like real banana's which I totally disagree with and I'm quite disappointed in those reviews as I was expecting it to smell like a banana smoothie based on what they said. I agree with mostly everyone that it is quite hard to squeeze out onto your hand but thats kind of good as I prefer thick conditioners. However even though this product is thick I do need to use more of it then I usually would with other conditioners. The first time I used this I didn't use enough and the result didn't do much for my hair however the second time when I used more my hair was nice and soft and shiny too. I also noticed my hair didn't tangle as much. I hope the body shop decides to keep this one, its obviously a cult favourite from before it was taken off the shelves and I can see a whole bunch of new generations falling in love with this product too.

on 1/28/2010 9:01:00 PM

I love this conditioner. It conditions my hair without weighting down my fine hair, it makes my hair shine, bouncy and smell nutty even I really hate banana smell. I rotate my shampoos and conditioners everyday. When it is this conditioner turn, it brings me back to good old days. I am also using honey conditioner, which can be quite heavy at times. Just love how light my hair is when I use this shampoo and conditioner.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products