July 29, 2014 | 1938 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like the smell of this conditioner. It also works great. I like the honey conditioner better, but I also really like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jodienas

My hair is quite picky when it comes to the shampoos and conditioners I use. I went to the body shop the other day after reading so many good things about this conditioner and since I heard it wont be on shelves for long I just had to try it. I admit the main reason why I bought this is because its a banana conditioner and I was just so fascinated as I have never heard of banana hair products before. The smell is exactly the same as those banana shaped lollies you buy as a child and this smell to me is a little too strong but it doesn't linger in you hair. So many people say that it smells like real banana's which I totally disagree with and I'm quite disappointed in those reviews as I was expecting it to smell like a banana smoothie based on what they said. I agree with mostly everyone that it is quite hard to squeeze out onto your hand but thats kind of good as I prefer thick conditioners. However even though this product is thick I do need to use more of it then I usually would with other conditioners. The first time I used this I didn't use enough and the result didn't do much for my hair however the second time when I used more my hair was nice and soft and shiny too. I also noticed my hair didn't tangle as much. I hope the body shop decides to keep this one, its obviously a cult favourite from before it was taken off the shelves and I can see a whole bunch of new generations falling in love with this product too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I love this conditioner. It conditions my hair without weighting down my fine hair, it makes my hair shine, bouncy and smell nutty even I really hate banana smell. I rotate my shampoos and conditioners everyday. When it is this conditioner turn, it brings me back to good old days. I am also using honey conditioner, which can be quite heavy at times. Just love how light my hair is when I use this shampoo and conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to give this a try when I saw that it had been reintroduced. I've been really pleased with the results. It's left my fine hair very soft, shiny and not at all weighed down. The scent is a little intense when I first apply it, but as I work it into my hair the scent calms down and actually reminds me a bit of Lush's American Cream. The only real drawback for me is the price vs the amount I have to use each time. The conditioner is sort of thin, so I have to use quite a bit to cover my shoulder length hair- and with the small size of the bottle, I'm going to go through it quickly. I would buy again, but as a special treat, not an everyday conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

After reading the buzz of the Banana conditioner when it was discontinued, I was eager to give it a try when it was reintroduced this year. I absolutely love the Honey conditioner and have been using it for nearly 2 years, I thought substituting it with a different scent would nice. The Banana conditioner does a great job of conditioning the hair except I still find it 2nd in place to the Honey. I took 1 lippie off because of the ingredients. There seems to be less natural oils in the bottle and consequently, I had to use more to condition my hair. The Banana also smells quite synthetic, but it does contain real puree and I love the consistency of it. Overall, its a great product to try, but sadly, I will not be stocking up unless I absolutely cannot find my first choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by vee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have ridiculously dry hair and i remember my mom buying it for me as a kid.. but ive been using TBS' honey shampoo which isnt bad.

The other day while i was buying a bottle of honey i mentioned how much i loved the banana line.. and the sales associate said it would be available in stores before the year ends!! hoorah!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Also in Holland the Banana Conditioner is back. The Body Shop brought back some succesfull products from the past, you can vote for your favourites and when the product gets enough votes it stays in the assortment.

This conditioner gives my fine hair shine and makes it very soft. Maybe a little bit too heavy for my hairtype, but it is a good one.

I cannot find the ingredients anywere, so I don't know if it is exactly the same as 20 years ago.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The banana shampoo and conditioner is back on the shelves here in Sweden for a limited time.

For me, the scent reminds me of childhood. My father once got this for me as a child, since I hated showering. Banana scented conditioner made it so much funnier, so of course I had to buy a bottle now when it is back in stock.

A bit about my hair. I have long, thick but fine hair. Most products weigh it down and makes it flat and boring. On top of that, I've got seborrhoea. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week.

This conditioner is very thick. To the point were it is more or less impossible to shake out of the bottle and kind of hard to divide in your hair. Just a bit more fluid and it would have been perfect.

It makes my hair soft and easy to manage not only just after it has dried, but during the shower and for a few days after too. Even if it is thick, it does not weigh my hair down, it enhances the natural wave in my long hair and generally is a very nice conditioner indeed, especially since it is almost completely natural. Oh, and did I mention the shine?

I will buy a few bottles of this, to have in stock, while I continue searching for the perfect conditioner because even if this is nice, it is limited edition, comes in an impractical bottle and is too thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the last straw that lead me to not buy Body Shop products anymore. This was an AMAZING conditioner. It detangled, it left my hair soft but not filmy or greasy, and the smell was lovely and not too strong. I loved it. I also loved the Japanese facial grains, tea-zone, and those wonderful lip stain markers that were like Stila lip rouge but at half the price. I don't even bother going in the Body Shop anymore since I know I'll never get the same product twice because of their insane discontinuing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2006 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lilliebet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WHY was this discontinued?!?!?! I don't understand. I just don't. THis was an amazing conditioner - the scent was incredible and it made my blah hair so shiny and thick. TBS, what were you thinking?