Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 3/22/2007 6:47:00 AM

This conditioner didn't leave my hair all that soft. It worked fair but the smell is horrible and the color of it is such a pain. It stains the shower walls if you get it there accidentally.

on 3/9/2007 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am trying to save money and extend the time between coloring. However, my medium brown hair tends to lighten up and get brassy after several weeks. Also, now that my hair is darker, the grays are starting to appear more quickly. I tried this for the first time today, used as directed, and love it! My hair feels like it was just colored, soft and smooth. The brown is blended and toned and the grays, while not completely gone, are muted. Next time I will try to leave on a bit longer. The salon told me to use just once a week, but it is going to be hard not to use it more often!! Paid $16 for 8 ounces, but if it continues to work this well, it is more than worth it!

on 3/2/2007 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've never been compelled to review anything before, but this conditioner is amazing. My blond salon highlights came out way too high on my brown hair...after one use of this, the color is completely blended and beautifully warm.

on 2/28/2007 6:03:00 PM

I had growing out highlights and my roots were showing. I couldn't get in to see my stylist for 3 weeks so I bought this stuff at Dillard's. My hair was blended very nicely. I thought about going dark again, but wasn't sure. This conditioner wasn't at all harsh and deposited color wonderfully. I do think I could have used a little more conditioning, because my hair is especially dry. Otherwise, it does what it says. Actually it does more than what it says. I really deposits color. Love it!

on 10/31/2006 10:43:00 PM

I am THRILLED with this conditioner after just using it for the first time! I bought it after reading the glowing MUA reviews and am soooo happy that I did.

My hair has been through some major self-imposed trauma lately. I overdid it with the highlights and then tried to dye over them. I ended up with a color (or colors) which wasn't *horrible* but had areas of ashy highlights, some ok highlights, and then a brassy color at the roots. I wanted something to blend this blondish, brownish mess without redying and further destroying my hair...or possibly making matters worse with the color!

My hair is naturally very fine, though I have a lot of it, and lt. brown/dark ashy blonde (naturally). This stuff not only did wonders for the color, but my hair actually feels very soft and conditioned...not weighed down in the least or dry. This stuff really does a decent job conditioning! As I mentioned, I just used this for the first time and followed the directions (left on 2-5 min. and then I clipped hair on top of head) since I wasn't sure how my porous hair would absorb the stuff. I think next time I may try to leave it on a bit longer. I will use this as others have to keep blending my colored hair with the new virgin hair. Great stuff. Wow!!!

on 10/3/2006 3:04:00 PM

This product is a necessity if your highlights come out too high! Really tones them down and blends to your hair (if you have brown to light brown hair of course). Price: Worth it! Much cheaper than getting your hair re-done! Plus, you only need to use it maybe twice a week - so it goes a long way!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Whew! This conditioner saved my hair from weird-highlights brassiness. I have light brown hair with natural coppery highlights, and when I wanted to, say, highlight the highlights, what did I get? Brassy yellow streaks! (Never again will I let that hairdresser do color...great cuts, but, well, anyway.) I got the Clove shampoo and conditioner after reading the reviews here on MUA, and all I can say is thanks, everyone! The brassiness is definitely muted and toned down, and the streaks blend in with the rest of my hair. As for making a mess in the shower, I didn't notice anything, but then, I don't let my showerhead spray everywhere -- I just use the "rainshower" type of straight-down stream. My hands were a little stained after I applied the conditioner, but it came off very easily with a little facial scrub. No big deal at all. It's not a deep conditioner, but it does make my hair nice and shiny and soft. I'll alternate with Redken All Soft.

on 8/20/2006 1:04:00 PM

I use the clove conditioner once a week to blend any lightened pieces in my dark brown hair (I prefer it dark). It works very well and leaves my hair shiny and bouncy. I can't use it more than once per week or it tends to dry out my hair a bit. Also - beware the mess it can make in the shower! Otherwise a great product. Love the clove shampoo as well.

on 7/13/2006 11:55:00 AM

This product delivers what it promises but beware - it really stains your hands and towels! Rinse out the shower after use too, or you'll end up with brown grouting.

on 7/5/2006 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product. I got the worst highlights ever (platinum blonde on dark brown hair) and this conditioner helped them mellow out to a much better auburn color. I saw results after one application. The conditioner makes my hair smooth and shiny, too!

Top Rated Aveda Products