Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance

on 6/2/2011 8:14:00 AM

Every few years or so I end up with coupons or 2 for 1 deals and buy a bottle of this, forgetting that the last time I bought it, it did absolutely nothing. It does have a nice silicone-y smoothing effect, but as for moisturizing or reducing lines or regenerating anything, nada. And the fragrance is rather strong and perfume-y. The plastic pump bottle is a nice size and shape, light weight, pump twists closed, but as someone else mentioned, it is impossible to get the dregs out of the bottom. It just clings there looking like rubber cement and the pump tube isn't long enough or stiff enough to scrape everything out. For the temporary 'cone smoothing effect, I'd rather just use a primer. If you want to give this a shot, do wait for it to go on special or for your drugstore to give you a coupon for it. Then it's not too over-priced.

on 5/3/2011 2:57:00 AM

Aveeno discontinued my favorite serum ~ Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum. I had been using this product for almost 5+ years and then it suddenly disappeared when they launched the $40 Positvely Anti-Aging System. I would have paid the $40 for the anti-aging system if they had included my favorite serum. Now, I was forced to seek out other alternatives. I tried the Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum. A great product, but far too expensive during these hard economic times for the amount of product you receive.

After researching MUA, I broke down and decided to purchase Olay Regenerating Serum. It has the same consistency as the Aveeno product, and a little does go a long way. However, it leaves my skin feeling slimy and it smells like something a man would wear. Now, I find out there is a fragrance free version. I am in the process of ordering two bottles from drugstore.com, because they have a sale going on. Hopefully, I will like the fragrance free product better. Stay tuned for an update on the fragrance free serum.

Can anyone recommend a serum that is under $20? If yes, please send me an email. Thanking you in advance for any/all assistance.

on 4/28/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This didn't do anything to my skin. I didn't notice any changes at all. I used this at night under my moisturizer. It lasts a long time, one pump was enough to cover my face. I won't repurchase.

on 4/13/2011 9:16:00 AM

I would describe this product as alright, at best. It feels good going on and never gave me a reaciton like most products do, but I have found that the Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate is giving me better results, so I won't be buying again.

on 4/13/2011 4:27:00 AM

Wow..I really wanted to love this as Paula Begoun made it her "pick" and I keep reading wonderful reviews, but it just didnt work for my dry sensitive skin. It broke me out around jawline, cheeks etc. and made my skin look red and inflamed. :(

on 3/19/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product after hearing so many rave reviews about this line. I tried the normal Daily Regenerating Serum even though I wanted the Fragrance Free version (it was more expensive when I bought it). I have used about 3/4 of a bottle now, and I really like it! It moisturizes well and makes my skin glow from within. And I have not broken out from this product yet! Between this serum, my clarisonic, my gentle but effective cleansers, and my new gentle organic toner, my skincare routine has completely changed, and it is very apparent in how great my skin looks.

I usually use this product under another moisturizer, as I don't think the serum alone is moisturizing enough for the winter. I also use this product under my primer and tinted moisturizer/foundation in the morning. It's a nice light added layer, does not irritate my skin, and really seems to be helping my skin look its best in a very long time.

I can't wait to try the fragrance free version! I already love this serum and while the fragrance does not irritate me or my skin, I don't love the fragrance and would probably be happier with no fragrance in the product. It's a little pricey for a drugstore product, but the new Olay Regenerist and Pro-X lines are so great that I don't mind paying a little extra for a great product.

on 3/19/2011 4:55:00 PM

I bought this product because paula begoun suggested this in her book as a good moisturizer for oily/combo skin. When i applied it, it felt smooth and soaked in nicely. fast forward a few days and two huge zits started developing on the sides of my cheek. then i stopped for a few days and the two zits disappeared. I tried it again and i broke out with yet another two zits on my face. I think it might be the silicone that broke me out since its the first ingredient on the list. But if your not acne prone or sensitive to large amounts of silicone then this would be a pretty nice buys since it has loads of antioxidants.

on 3/15/2011 2:39:00 PM

I bought this becuse I was in need of a moisurizer for my face and what first attracted me to this was I was already using the Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub (different review for that!!) and the second was the fact that it said it left the skin velvet to the touch.
First off, I have very sensitive skin and blemishes galore (even in my mid 30s :((( ) With that being said, this did not clog my pores. My skin felt refreshed and velvet like after application ( I literally use half a pump each morning). I unfortunately have super oily skin (hence the adult acne) so I do have to put on Urban Decay's de-slick formula. All-in-all I love this product. It is very light. This product has not made me break out and I actually though this was better than Philosophy's Hope In A Jar, which I love but I like Olay's better!

on 3/14/2011 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm 51, and have been using this product off and on for a few years. I probably shouldn't review because it hasn't been continuous use - but I do like the way my skin soaks it up. I don't know that I've seen all that much difference in how my face looks, but I obviously need this extra moisture even under regular moisturizer. (Of course, I might look way worse without it!) I like the pump bottle packaging, but the last bit is always impossible to get out. I open the bottle up for that.... not wasting it, even at warehouse club prices!

on 3/11/2011 11:12:00 PM

PROS:
*Works for a lot of people
*Nice pump

CONS:
*Price
*Broke me out
*Contains dimethicone and parabens

Popular Treatments (Face)