July 28, 2014 | 2045 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Works for a lot of people
*Nice pump

CONS:
*Price
*Broke me out
*Contains dimethicone and parabens

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by chaotiicxcutiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this product. I was shocked to find how small it was after looking at reviews online, and for around 20 dollars I thought that was a bit steep but I purchased a bottle about two months ago and I have pleeeeenty left. I use two pumps a day minimum, and when i remember to apply at night it's around four. I was experiencing very steep bags under my eyes the past few months, but now they appear much less sunken in. Additionally, I have some pock marks and acne scars, and I've noticed an improvement in that as well...I also started to see some fine lines around my eyes, and those are also fading. While my skin is far from perfect, it looks so much better. Because I have oily skin, this suffices as my light moisturizer substitute beneath my makeup. I love this serum, and will definitely repurchase when I run out because the improvement I've seen in my skin is priceless.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jenx3989

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 39, Asian with some wrinkles on my forehead and around my eyes. I've been using this for the past few weeks and my forehead was breaking out into acne. The silicones block pores. So I would not recommend this to anyone who is prone to acne or with skin that can get oily in places. And I have not seen any noticeable improvement in the wrinkles. I dab it around my eyes to smooth out the wrinkles before I apply concealer and powder foundation. Without it, the powder foundation tends to crease and make the wrinkles more pronounced. So it's helpful underneath makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i stole this from my mom to try it out. it went on very smooth &i liked it at first, then all of a sudden my face started feeling warm.. it lasted for a couple minutes. is that the ~regenerist~ part? lol.. it did break me out though :\ so i'd never buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a feel-good serum which doesn't do anything. I used it 2 years ago and I think it's just like rubbing silicone on your face which just makes your skin feel nice and smooth. The peptides in this product are not effective + the packaging looks cheap although the texture is nice and scent is not overpowering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this product.. but I have to say the generic version (from walmart) is just as good, and much cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jazbongolan05

I do not use this product daily, but whenever I do decide to use it I end up with af ew break outs... my skin is oily as it is and it feels greasy, so, I do not think I will be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by AgusiaM

I really like this product, but I gave it a lippy minus because of a high silicone content! I am on my third bottle by now and the results are pretty amazing! Because the high silicone content bothers me and also because I wanted even better rejuvenating results I have added some diluted vit B3 into this serum! Vit B3 is the most important rejuvenating ingredient in this serum! Olay does not put enough of it into their creams( vit B3 works best in 5% concentration).My acne scars and spots are now gone and my pores are less visible. I have been using AHA and retinol prescription creams but Olay regenerist line does the magic IMO! I love this serum and I will continue using it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ameerah7

Quite disappointed with this one. I was on the lookout for a serum and, being a fan of Olay, I picked this up. At first I loved the feeling when I tested it on my hand and smelled pleasant. I've got oily/combination skin and after applying it to my face, didn't feel moisturized at all - are serums supposed to work that way?! I'm not sure but, my face is left feeling dry and a bit to dry for my liking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Somewhat smoothing. Feels great on the skin. Smells good.

CONS: I don't think it actually did anything for my skin.

USAGE TIPS: I saw a MUAer here say she loves this as a primer. But you need to apply the foundation very quickly after this because this dries up very quickly compared to actual primers.

ALTERNATES: If using as a primer, Estee Lauder's Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refresher can be used in the same way (if you don't mind spending more.) Derma E has a lovely hyaluronic acid serum.