October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MissMary2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this pigment. I use it as a highlight for brows, cheeks, bridge of my nose and cupid's bow.
Would buy again if I ever run out...which probably won't happen any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by aamugirl

I love this pigment. It definitely has many purposes- brow bone highlight, cheek bone highlight, lid color, or mixed in foundation. Love the color and the pigment will last forever because you only need a tiny bit. Best MAC pigment.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by babydoll777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FOR REFERENCE: I'm a brunette with dark chocolate eyes and fair skin.

I bought this pigment mainly because I saw a lot of girls on YouTube using this to mix with their foundation, tinted moisturizer, or just moisturizer to achieve a dewy, glowing effect on their skin - As an all-over facial luminizer. I bought it (its $21) and just by looking at it from the pot, it looks a bit boring; like a cream/white with minimal ivory-gold shimmer. Here's what I did though and let me tell you, I was very happy with the result:

1) Get a moisturizer lotion/cream (with SPF) that you like. I use any random sunblock, don't really have a favorite one at the moment. Squeeze out a nickel-sized amount on the back of your hand (make sure your hands are clean by the way).

2) This next step you'll have to be careful because of the stupid packaging (hence the reason why I took a lippie off; details below). Use no more than 1/4 of a teaspoon (you don't want to look like a disco ball, do you? lol) of Vanilla Pigment and mix it with the moisturizer.

3) I use my fingers to apply, but you can use a brush if you want. Personally, I think I have better control with my fingers. Apply this all over your face and you'll start noticing this GLOW. Like you've just got out of the shower! Pretty, dewy and fresh!

4) If the dewy look is a bit too dewy for your liking, you can always use a light dusting of powder foundation to tone it down a bit. I have combination oily skin so I have to powder up; otherwise, I look too oily (especially my nose) throughout the day.

5) (Do this step only if you want the true color of Vanilla Pigment to show) Now for the final step for a beautiful glowing complexion. I use my ring finger and pat and blend some Vanilla Pigment along my cheekbones, some on my cupid's bow and in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten up my face.

The result: healthy-looking skin with an angelic soft ivory golden touch on the eyes, lips and cheeks. I would wear this on days when I'm going out for a walk on the beach because it just catches the sunlight so beautifully.

Of course, there are many other uses for this that you can do, like... sprinkle it over your nail polish, mix it with lip gloss, mix it with body lotion, the fantasies never end with Vanilla Pigment lol. I've never used Vanilla Pigment in those ways so I can't say anything about that.

Whenever I'm in a hurry, my favorite way to use Vanilla Pigment is mixing it with my Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream, which has a lovely satin finish. I suggest mixing this pigment with satin-finish foundations rather than dewy-finish foundations if you have combination oily skin with a very oily nose like me. If I have spare time, I brush some pigment along my cheekbones and dab some in my tearducts and on my cupid's bow.

I love almost everything about this pigment except the freakin' stupid packaging. Seriously, I spilled this twice and I nearly lost the whole product because I'm clumsy and I tend to drop things. MAC should really change the packaging of this, seriously. Why not have a sifter? That would be a lot easier for me and then I would've given it 5 lippies if it weren't for the - GRR!!! packaging!

UPDATE (12-22-11): My makeup "style" is sort of changing right now; I use gold-toned makeup too much so I don't reach for this as often. I'm actually putting it up for swap (already being swapped as I type this) BUT this doesn't mean that I don't like it anymore. I still recommend it for those of you who want a glowing complexion with a hint of soft creamy gold iridescence. =)

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This was my very first MAC pigement. And since purchasing this three years ago, I have used this pigment every single time I have done my makeup. I absolutely adore this stuff, its my baby :) .....Even though I have used this everyday, I still have so much product left- I'm nowhere near finished and that amazes me because not only is this my Holy Grail highlight color (this matches every single eyeshadow) but this is also a beautiful highlighter for your temples and cupids bow. Recently, I even tried this on my lid with a darker color in the crease- and the effect was gorgeous. I usually don't suit lighter lid colors (like fleshy pinks, whites etc...) but this just looks stunning- its a great alternative to white eyeshadow because its not as stark. Somedays I even like putting a little bit of this on my lips and mix it with a clear lipgloss- it makes any lipstick so much better :-) I highly suggest this pigment to anybody, with any kind of skintone. Even if you don't like MAC, you have to try this pigment!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

This was my first pigment that created my undying pigment obsession with MAC, lol. It is one of the most versatile pigments too. You can use it on the lid, browhighlight, use it to highlight the cheekbones, add it to clear lipgloss - the possibilities are endless!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by alivyafree

Love this pigment! One of my favourite pigments, it does everything right. It is such a beautiful colour, its a gorgeous cream with duo tones - shining subtle gold, blue and pink in the light. This makes it such a great product for highlighting -absolutely anywhere-. You can use it dry for a very subtle highlight, or use it wet for a lovely strong colour. It adheres really well also, very longlasting, and very soft.
Great for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kim316

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this just recently. I always play it safe with neutrals, but they tend to look dirty/muddy on me due to dark circles and dark eyelids. Eyeshadows look better swatched on my inner wrist then my eyes, go figure. I googled what eyeshadows work best with dark circles and dark eyelids, and MAC Vanilla Pigment was the first in line. I saw pics and read the reviews first. I was in doubt because of the gold shimmer, so I went to my nearst mall that had a MAC counter. The Sales person couldn't find the tester and had to open a new one so she can show me the color. I asked for a sample but she said they can't give samples of pigments :( After seeing the swatch, heck, I wanted to purchase it anyway and I'm glad I did. It does help with dark circles and eyelids. The gold shimmer is not that bad and I feel I can get away wearing it at work w/o feeling all glitterly. I just started wearing a primer under e/s, which helps alot. The price is a bit steep for a little vial of white dust, but this will last a very long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Go to MAC staple. I use it as an eyeshadow, brow highlight and cheek highlight. Soft white with gold shimmer, a little goes a long way and the pot has lasted me FOREVER!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by meeeeeem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

woooow very nice ivory shade that has a golden sheen. you can use it for many maaany things, can be used as an eyeshadow, highlight fow under the brows, inner corners and face hightlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful pigment! I use it when I go out under my brows, in the corner of my eyes, as a cheekbone highlighter and in the middle of my lips. It has too much shimmer in it to use during daytime.