July 30, 2014 | 2073 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This was my very first MAC pigement. And since purchasing this three years ago, I have used this pigment every single time I have done my makeup. I absolutely adore this stuff, its my baby :) .....Even though I have used this everyday, I still have so much product left- I'm nowhere near finished and that amazes me because not only is this my Holy Grail highlight color (this matches every single eyeshadow) but this is also a beautiful highlighter for your temples and cupids bow. Recently, I even tried this on my lid with a darker color in the crease- and the effect was gorgeous. I usually don't suit lighter lid colors (like fleshy pinks, whites etc...) but this just looks stunning- its a great alternative to white eyeshadow because its not as stark. Somedays I even like putting a little bit of this on my lips and mix it with a clear lipgloss- it makes any lipstick so much better :-) I highly suggest this pigment to anybody, with any kind of skintone. Even if you don't like MAC, you have to try this pigment!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

This was my first pigment that created my undying pigment obsession with MAC, lol. It is one of the most versatile pigments too. You can use it on the lid, browhighlight, use it to highlight the cheekbones, add it to clear lipgloss - the possibilities are endless!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by alivyafree

Love this pigment! One of my favourite pigments, it does everything right. It is such a beautiful colour, its a gorgeous cream with duo tones - shining subtle gold, blue and pink in the light. This makes it such a great product for highlighting -absolutely anywhere-. You can use it dry for a very subtle highlight, or use it wet for a lovely strong colour. It adheres really well also, very longlasting, and very soft.
Great for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kim316

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this just recently. I always play it safe with neutrals, but they tend to look dirty/muddy on me due to dark circles and dark eyelids. Eyeshadows look better swatched on my inner wrist then my eyes, go figure. I googled what eyeshadows work best with dark circles and dark eyelids, and MAC Vanilla Pigment was the first in line. I saw pics and read the reviews first. I was in doubt because of the gold shimmer, so I went to my nearst mall that had a MAC counter. The Sales person couldn't find the tester and had to open a new one so she can show me the color. I asked for a sample but she said they can't give samples of pigments :( After seeing the swatch, heck, I wanted to purchase it anyway and I'm glad I did. It does help with dark circles and eyelids. The gold shimmer is not that bad and I feel I can get away wearing it at work w/o feeling all glitterly. I just started wearing a primer under e/s, which helps alot. The price is a bit steep for a little vial of white dust, but this will last a very long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Go to MAC staple. I use it as an eyeshadow, brow highlight and cheek highlight. Soft white with gold shimmer, a little goes a long way and the pot has lasted me FOREVER!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by meeeeeem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

woooow very nice ivory shade that has a golden sheen. you can use it for many maaany things, can be used as an eyeshadow, highlight fow under the brows, inner corners and face hightlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful pigment! I use it when I go out under my brows, in the corner of my eyes, as a cheekbone highlighter and in the middle of my lips. It has too much shimmer in it to use during daytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by star23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One thing I can't leave at home is my MAC eye shadow, it is always my favorite. I love it when my eyes wear this eye shadow. I feel like I am so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first encounter with vanilla was back in 2003 with the Holiday charm (or was it treats?) pigment set. I still have tan, blue brown, gold and neon 60's but this was used up pretty quickly. In 2005, i bought a full jar and managed to get a full tsp top up from a MUAer a couple of years ago. Last week, i bought another OJ, so this will give you a fair idea just how much i use and adore this product!
As this pigment has reached cult status, nothing i say here will be new info but i'd like to just say my little bit.
The texture is perfect and it has set the standard for all pigments. It has become my 'seamless secret weapon!'
I use it as a highlighter for face and browbone, mix with lip gloss, with foundation for the 'hyper real' effect, body lotion to create subtle glow.
Really, the list is endless. Yes, i have tried others and yes, i have searched high and low for something better but nothing will come close to vanilla pigment, my friends, nothing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is the exact product that will stimulate the "Oooh, shiny!" reaction from everyone around you. Hands-down the most amazing browbone highlighter you'll ever come across. Can be used both moderately for daytime wear, or more intensely for a shiny, wet, glamorous look. Somehow always manages to look natural enough, despite the way it appears in the pot. See, it's not really a thick stark-white powder with golden shimmer - it's more of a fine fairy dust with a warm sunny glow to it under certain lightings. Apart from a browbone highlight, I also use it in the inner corner, as well as the top of the cheekbones for a super polished look. I hope you won't find all the shine-related terms intimidating, I'm a matte lover in general and my worst makeup fear is looking like a discoball, so I don't think I've ever gone overboard with anything shiny/sparkly/glittery. Back to Vanilla: This is a uniquely versatile pigment that you need in your life. Would repurchase.