September 16, 2014 | 1841 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

My Favourite cleanser is cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, but this is great at removing blackheads which is why I gave it a four.
I use this every second night or when I notice back heads. I moisten my hands only squirt abit of the thick cream on my fingertips and rub my face gently. I leave it on my face for around one or two minutes and always make sure there is some on my nose, and blackheads are all gone! No scrubbing with a buff puff either!
The smell is abit strong and medicinal, and there is menthol so it does tingle. I don't break out when I use this.
A little goes a long way with the product and I like how my face feels moisturized after. I doesn't feel dry or tight - mind you a cleanser should never make your face feel dry, when you smile right after cleansing it should feel comfortable.
I like that it has no beads, and I find it is more effective at removing blackheads than the deep clean gentle scrub that I also use maybe once a week when I feel like it.
In Australia it's $13.50 for 200ml that's good. In the us it's about $6.50 and that's still good value considering the amount you get.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Using this caused any little acne bumps I had to clear up very quickly, but it was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin. The first week or so of using this, my skin felt smooth, soft and was clearing up. After that, however, I noticed it broke me out in very tiny bumps, and my skin felt dry and irritated. I stopped using it, but I will bring it out to use occasionally on areas that have broken out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

For some reason, I always seem to buy this product again when I just want a different cleanser from the one I use daily. I honestly don't know why because this cleanser doesn't really do anything for my skin at all.

The one thing I really like about this cleanser is the way it makes my face feel. It's gives a tingly, minty feeling (?) on my face after I wash it off, which I really enjoy. It also doesn't smell offensive or anything, it just has a nice fresh scent. However, this cleanser really isn't that good at all. It doesn't get all my makeup off, it doesn't really CLEAN my face that well, and even with the salicylic acid it does nothing for my acne.

I don't recommend getting this cleanser really...unless you really want to try it. And whatever you do, don't get the general store brand versions of this cleanser. They smell so awful! :X

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by october10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was kind of timid to try this product because i was so disappointed by their one step gentle cleanser which was NOT gentle at all.
But this product is pretty nice! I have sensitive skin and eyes but the menthol is tolerable if you just keep your eyes closed while cleansing. It cleanses well and the menthol is helpful in keeping your pores tight and getting rid of excess oil. But i can see how it would be irritating if you have super senstive skin. Well, if you do, you shouldn't be using drugstore products in the first place.

This product works best for combination oily to oily
It is not that drying but it wont be the best product for people with dry skins

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For normal skin, this would be wonderful. But not for sensitive. It took about a month for this to burn up my skin, and making it very red. But, it did a really good job at keeping acne away and my pores clean. :) It's just not for me & my sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by benzoate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of the salicylic acid and/or menthol, it stings badly when it gets close to my eyes. Not as gentle nor as effective as Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by himboden28

I'm not a fan of this product. Even after lathering and scrubbing my face, I can still see a lot of makeup residue. On a positive note, it does leave my face feeling nice and a tiny bit tingling. The packaging isn't that convenient, I wish it had a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by umitsanita

This cream cleanser is amazing. I am so in love with it! It makes my skin so soft I make everyone feel my face because I'm so proud of it, haha! It gradually got rid of my acne and kept it away, so it's really balanced and consistent. It's also says on the thing that it improves your complexion and it has fixed alot of the redness on my cheeks. Overall love love love this cleanser, will continue buying until I maybe decide something new to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by BostonChica14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I had tried this cleanser sooner, I absolutely love it! It gets my makeup off and my face completely clean. I always use toner after I wash my face, but I don't really need to anymore--the cotton ball is always clean after I wash my face with this. I also haven't had any breakouts since I started using this product. I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by purplecrayons92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was sitting in the aisle for about 20 minutes at walmart trying to decide which cleanser to get. I'm 19, and I'm lucky enough to have normal skin, not too oily not too dry at all, with the occasional SMALL breakout around that time of the month. I just wanted to use something that would keep my skin clean, soft and balanced. I tried it at first and was overwhelmed by the tingling of the menthol, simply because I used too much of the product. Now, I apply the cleanser, brush my teeth for two minutes, and then use my clarisonic all over my face, and rinse. With or without the clarisonic, the cleanser leaves your face with a nice glow, and it's very soft (however, the clarisonic is absolutely amazing and does nothing but improve your results!) I have learned to enjoy the tingly sensation, despite the fact that it's just menthol. It doesn't seem like it's meant for acne prone skin, which I'm fine with, but like others who have reviewed this product have said, it does have some saliyic acid in it which helps to prevent the occasional breakout. It is not meant to cure acne ridden skin. Also: I smiled because someone else does the same thing that I do when I was my face which improves your results: use hotter water to initially wet your face to open your pores, apply the product, rinse it with warm water, and then splash with cold water, which aids in closing your pores and making your skin glow even more! It's amazing what two minutes and cold water can do!

Overall, I would recommend this product for someone who would like clean, soft skin. I would hesitate to recommend this product to someone with acne or frequent breakouts simply because there are better products for the job out there.