December 20, 2014 | 1754 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ashaw3895

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having used many cleaners before, I have to say this is the best one I have used so far. It cleans well,leaves no dirty or oily residue, and yet it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or scaly like most cleansers do. I has a refreshing after-clean and left me pimple-free for the majority of my usage of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Late 20s crisis prompted me to start taking better care of my skin. This particular cleanser was randomly selected and...I got lucky early in my search.

It's a cream cleanser, so it feels really cool and tingly on the skin. (If menthol is your thing, then you'll love this.) I don't use any special tools: just my fingertips and circular motions.

I know MUAers will probably admonish me for not removing makeup BEFORE cleansing but what can I say? I'm lazy. After removing eye makeup, I rely on this stuff to get the rest, and it does so flawlessly.

In the end, I'm left with clean, soft, not-too-tight skin. I always follow-up with a light moisturizer, but when I don't, my skin doesn't overreact and overproduce oil because it's too dry.

Extra bonus: I've had light acne pretty much consistently since my preteen years, and I'll still get breakouts just before my period. With this, though, in my daily regimen, I've had sustained clear skin for the first time, well, ever. That is totally rad. HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nir15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried many facial cleansers, but I've always been very prone to random zits no matter how thoroughly I clean my skin. I tried this product on a whim, and I'm so glad I did because this is the only product I've used that stopped my random breakouts. I still get a pimple every now and then but the frequency has reduced I would say around 90%.
This product leaves your skin feeling tingly and it's pretty affordable too

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Feels quite refreshing on skin. I like to use this as a mask 2 or 3 times a week, and I can see my skin is clearing a bit, Will continue using this to see better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by shybutterfly0910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't remember how many times I've repurchased this! I have been using this for almost 7 years now. I love how creamy it is, removes pretty decent amount of make up, and the minty feeling you get afterwards. It is inexpensive so I don't think I will use any other cleanser besides this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Favourite cleanser is cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, but this is great at removing blackheads which is why I gave it a four.
I use this every second night or when I notice back heads. I moisten my hands only squirt abit of the thick cream on my fingertips and rub my face gently. I leave it on my face for around one or two minutes and always make sure there is some on my nose, and blackheads are all gone! No scrubbing with a buff puff either!
The smell is abit strong and medicinal, and there is menthol so it does tingle. I don't break out when I use this.
A little goes a long way with the product and I like how my face feels moisturized after. I doesn't feel dry or tight - mind you a cleanser should never make your face feel dry, when you smile right after cleansing it should feel comfortable.
I like that it has no beads, and I find it is more effective at removing blackheads than the deep clean gentle scrub that I also use maybe once a week when I feel like it.
In Australia it's $13.50 for 200ml that's good. In the us it's about $6.50 and that's still good value considering the amount you get.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Using this caused any little acne bumps I had to clear up very quickly, but it was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin. The first week or so of using this, my skin felt smooth, soft and was clearing up. After that, however, I noticed it broke me out in very tiny bumps, and my skin felt dry and irritated. I stopped using it, but I will bring it out to use occasionally on areas that have broken out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

For some reason, I always seem to buy this product again when I just want a different cleanser from the one I use daily. I honestly don't know why because this cleanser doesn't really do anything for my skin at all.

The one thing I really like about this cleanser is the way it makes my face feel. It's gives a tingly, minty feeling (?) on my face after I wash it off, which I really enjoy. It also doesn't smell offensive or anything, it just has a nice fresh scent. However, this cleanser really isn't that good at all. It doesn't get all my makeup off, it doesn't really CLEAN my face that well, and even with the salicylic acid it does nothing for my acne.

I don't recommend getting this cleanser really...unless you really want to try it. And whatever you do, don't get the general store brand versions of this cleanser. They smell so awful! :X

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by october10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was kind of timid to try this product because i was so disappointed by their one step gentle cleanser which was NOT gentle at all.
But this product is pretty nice! I have sensitive skin and eyes but the menthol is tolerable if you just keep your eyes closed while cleansing. It cleanses well and the menthol is helpful in keeping your pores tight and getting rid of excess oil. But i can see how it would be irritating if you have super senstive skin. Well, if you do, you shouldn't be using drugstore products in the first place.

This product works best for combination oily to oily
It is not that drying but it wont be the best product for people with dry skins

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For normal skin, this would be wonderful. But not for sensitive. It took about a month for this to burn up my skin, and making it very red. But, it did a really good job at keeping acne away and my pores clean. :) It's just not for me & my sensitive skin.