Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 9/8/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was my first cleanser into leading me into the world of skin care. Who can forget Jennifer love Hewitt in the commercials for this?

As a teen this cleanser kept my skin clean and acne free. Whenever I ran out and didn't have it on hand and had to use something else I would break out. Then sometime during my first year of college it stopped working.

Good overall cleanser if you don't have skin problems.

I love this cleanser! I only use cream cleansers because they don't dry out my skin and leave it stripped once I rinse. Before trying this, I was using Clean and Clear's Deep Action cream cleanser which is very close to this one but I feel has more menthol. Almost all of my products are Neutrogena so I decided to pick this up one day and it is just wonderful. It is very basic and will not clear your skin on it's own but it is a great base for other treatments. I use DHC's cleansing oil to remove makeup and then use this to wash my face clean and my skin is very soft and calm afterward, no adverse reaction whatsoever! It will not remove heavy makeup on it's own so beware of that and use a separate makeup remover. It says that it contains salicylic acid in the ingredients but since it is lower on the ingredient list and does have a percentage, I think it too low to do anything--good or bad! I'm glad though because this is best suited as a basic cleanser and there aren't enough basic cream cleansers out there so I'm thankful for this and highly recommend it. I love the clean smell of it and its whipped texture. The packaging and price are also right. A great product from Neutrogena!

on 7/17/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've tried multiple cleansers before, but I keep coming back to this one. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean but not tight and dry. It doesn't leave any weird residue once I wash it off, and I enjoy the tingly feeling it gives my face. This cleanser keeps my skin clean and feeling fresh!

on 7/1/2012 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used this several years ago. It burned my face so badly that I looked like a damn lobster. I called the number on the product and they sent me a check for what the product cost at the store. This stuff is crap.

on 7/1/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Having used many cleaners before, I have to say this is the best one I have used so far. It cleans well,leaves no dirty or oily residue, and yet it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or scaly like most cleansers do. I has a refreshing after-clean and left me pimple-free for the majority of my usage of it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Late 20s crisis prompted me to start taking better care of my skin. This particular cleanser was randomly selected and...I got lucky early in my search.

It's a cream cleanser, so it feels really cool and tingly on the skin. (If menthol is your thing, then you'll love this.) I don't use any special tools: just my fingertips and circular motions.

I know MUAers will probably admonish me for not removing makeup BEFORE cleansing but what can I say? I'm lazy. After removing eye makeup, I rely on this stuff to get the rest, and it does so flawlessly.

In the end, I'm left with clean, soft, not-too-tight skin. I always follow-up with a light moisturizer, but when I don't, my skin doesn't overreact and overproduce oil because it's too dry.

Extra bonus: I've had light acne pretty much consistently since my preteen years, and I'll still get breakouts just before my period. With this, though, in my daily regimen, I've had sustained clear skin for the first time, well, ever. That is totally rad. HG cleanser.

on 6/13/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I've tried many facial cleansers, but I've always been very prone to random zits no matter how thoroughly I clean my skin. I tried this product on a whim, and I'm so glad I did because this is the only product I've used that stopped my random breakouts. I still get a pimple every now and then but the frequency has reduced I would say around 90%.
This product leaves your skin feeling tingly and it's pretty affordable too

on 5/2/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Feels quite refreshing on skin. I like to use this as a mask 2 or 3 times a week, and I can see my skin is clearing a bit, Will continue using this to see better results.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't remember how many times I've repurchased this! I have been using this for almost 7 years now. I love how creamy it is, removes pretty decent amount of make up, and the minty feeling you get afterwards. It is inexpensive so I don't think I will use any other cleanser besides this.

on 4/2/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My Favourite cleanser is cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, but this is great at removing blackheads which is why I gave it a four.
I use this every second night or when I notice back heads. I moisten my hands only squirt abit of the thick cream on my fingertips and rub my face gently. I leave it on my face for around one or two minutes and always make sure there is some on my nose, and blackheads are all gone! No scrubbing with a buff puff either!
The smell is abit strong and medicinal, and there is menthol so it does tingle. I don't break out when I use this.
A little goes a long way with the product and I like how my face feels moisturized after. I doesn't feel dry or tight - mind you a cleanser should never make your face feel dry, when you smile right after cleansing it should feel comfortable.
I like that it has no beads, and I find it is more effective at removing blackheads than the deep clean gentle scrub that I also use maybe once a week when I feel like it.
In Australia it's $13.50 for 200ml that's good. In the us it's about $6.50 and that's still good value considering the amount you get.