April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For normal skin, this would be wonderful. But not for sensitive. It took about a month for this to burn up my skin, and making it very red. But, it did a really good job at keeping acne away and my pores clean. :) It's just not for me & my sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by benzoate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of the salicylic acid and/or menthol, it stings badly when it gets close to my eyes. Not as gentle nor as effective as Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by himboden28

I'm not a fan of this product. Even after lathering and scrubbing my face, I can still see a lot of makeup residue. On a positive note, it does leave my face feeling nice and a tiny bit tingling. The packaging isn't that convenient, I wish it had a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by umitsanita

This cream cleanser is amazing. I am so in love with it! It makes my skin so soft I make everyone feel my face because I'm so proud of it, haha! It gradually got rid of my acne and kept it away, so it's really balanced and consistent. It's also says on the thing that it improves your complexion and it has fixed alot of the redness on my cheeks. Overall love love love this cleanser, will continue buying until I maybe decide something new to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by BostonChica14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I had tried this cleanser sooner, I absolutely love it! It gets my makeup off and my face completely clean. I always use toner after I wash my face, but I don't really need to anymore--the cotton ball is always clean after I wash my face with this. I also haven't had any breakouts since I started using this product. I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by purplecrayons92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was sitting in the aisle for about 20 minutes at walmart trying to decide which cleanser to get. I'm 19, and I'm lucky enough to have normal skin, not too oily not too dry at all, with the occasional SMALL breakout around that time of the month. I just wanted to use something that would keep my skin clean, soft and balanced. I tried it at first and was overwhelmed by the tingling of the menthol, simply because I used too much of the product. Now, I apply the cleanser, brush my teeth for two minutes, and then use my clarisonic all over my face, and rinse. With or without the clarisonic, the cleanser leaves your face with a nice glow, and it's very soft (however, the clarisonic is absolutely amazing and does nothing but improve your results!) I have learned to enjoy the tingly sensation, despite the fact that it's just menthol. It doesn't seem like it's meant for acne prone skin, which I'm fine with, but like others who have reviewed this product have said, it does have some saliyic acid in it which helps to prevent the occasional breakout. It is not meant to cure acne ridden skin. Also: I smiled because someone else does the same thing that I do when I was my face which improves your results: use hotter water to initially wet your face to open your pores, apply the product, rinse it with warm water, and then splash with cold water, which aids in closing your pores and making your skin glow even more! It's amazing what two minutes and cold water can do!

Overall, I would recommend this product for someone who would like clean, soft skin. I would hesitate to recommend this product to someone with acne or frequent breakouts simply because there are better products for the job out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by rsflig01

My skin was going along, a bit of normal acne here and there, and I picked this cleanser up at the grocery store because Neutrogena usually makes good products . . . and Bam, my skin started to get worse and worse. I gave the cleanser several weeks and my skin was looking worse than ever. Eventually tossed it in my cabinet and -- ta da! After a couple of weeks without this cheap soap (and having made one other acne-related change to my routine), I'm my skin is better than ever!! Never using this stuff again.

This leaves a filmy feeling on your skin when you use it. Isn't that exactly what a cleanser for acne-prone skin SHOULDN'T do? Moisturizing cleansers, sure, but not this. Would highly dis-recommend any friend from using this, even though I do like plenty of other Neutrogena products!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a total impulse buy while waiting at the pharmacy. I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. However, I'm on Rx treatments, so breakouts are very rare. I typically use gentle, fragrance-free, unmedicated cleansers like Dove. I guess I got bored and wanted to try something new.

The menthol seemed overpowering (quite tingly), the cleanser seemed hard to rinse off, didn't remove the light face powder I was wearing. All of these should have been signs that this wasn't going to work for me. But the cleanser did help control oil, so I kept using it. My skin looked good for 4 days and then completely broke out. To be fair, I had no business buying this cleanser, it doesn't suit my skin type at all. If you have less sensitive or acne-prone skin, this might work better for you.

Pros: Inexpensive, controls oil

Cons: Hard to rinse off, doesn't remove light makeup, powerful menthol, broke me out

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Amyish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser dried my skin out so much and caused more breakouts do to the dryness. Worst wash I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my summer cleanser and overall I'm pleased. After a hot sweaty day this was really refreshing. I have acne-prone skin and this didn't really help clear my skin, but I feel that it got my skin clean. The only downside is the price.