Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 7/17/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've tried multiple cleansers before, but I keep coming back to this one. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean but not tight and dry. It doesn't leave any weird residue once I wash it off, and I enjoy the tingly feeling it gives my face. This cleanser keeps my skin clean and feeling fresh!

on 7/1/2012 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used this several years ago. It burned my face so badly that I looked like a damn lobster. I called the number on the product and they sent me a check for what the product cost at the store. This stuff is crap.

on 7/1/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Having used many cleaners before, I have to say this is the best one I have used so far. It cleans well,leaves no dirty or oily residue, and yet it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or scaly like most cleansers do. I has a refreshing after-clean and left me pimple-free for the majority of my usage of it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Late 20s crisis prompted me to start taking better care of my skin. This particular cleanser was randomly selected and...I got lucky early in my search.

It's a cream cleanser, so it feels really cool and tingly on the skin. (If menthol is your thing, then you'll love this.) I don't use any special tools: just my fingertips and circular motions.

I know MUAers will probably admonish me for not removing makeup BEFORE cleansing but what can I say? I'm lazy. After removing eye makeup, I rely on this stuff to get the rest, and it does so flawlessly.

In the end, I'm left with clean, soft, not-too-tight skin. I always follow-up with a light moisturizer, but when I don't, my skin doesn't overreact and overproduce oil because it's too dry.

Extra bonus: I've had light acne pretty much consistently since my preteen years, and I'll still get breakouts just before my period. With this, though, in my daily regimen, I've had sustained clear skin for the first time, well, ever. That is totally rad. HG cleanser.

on 6/13/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I've tried many facial cleansers, but I've always been very prone to random zits no matter how thoroughly I clean my skin. I tried this product on a whim, and I'm so glad I did because this is the only product I've used that stopped my random breakouts. I still get a pimple every now and then but the frequency has reduced I would say around 90%.
This product leaves your skin feeling tingly and it's pretty affordable too

on 5/2/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Feels quite refreshing on skin. I like to use this as a mask 2 or 3 times a week, and I can see my skin is clearing a bit, Will continue using this to see better results.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't remember how many times I've repurchased this! I have been using this for almost 7 years now. I love how creamy it is, removes pretty decent amount of make up, and the minty feeling you get afterwards. It is inexpensive so I don't think I will use any other cleanser besides this.

on 4/2/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My Favourite cleanser is cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, but this is great at removing blackheads which is why I gave it a four.
I use this every second night or when I notice back heads. I moisten my hands only squirt abit of the thick cream on my fingertips and rub my face gently. I leave it on my face for around one or two minutes and always make sure there is some on my nose, and blackheads are all gone! No scrubbing with a buff puff either!
The smell is abit strong and medicinal, and there is menthol so it does tingle. I don't break out when I use this.
A little goes a long way with the product and I like how my face feels moisturized after. I doesn't feel dry or tight - mind you a cleanser should never make your face feel dry, when you smile right after cleansing it should feel comfortable.
I like that it has no beads, and I find it is more effective at removing blackheads than the deep clean gentle scrub that I also use maybe once a week when I feel like it.
In Australia it's $13.50 for 200ml that's good. In the us it's about $6.50 and that's still good value considering the amount you get.

on 3/24/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Using this caused any little acne bumps I had to clear up very quickly, but it was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin. The first week or so of using this, my skin felt smooth, soft and was clearing up. After that, however, I noticed it broke me out in very tiny bumps, and my skin felt dry and irritated. I stopped using it, but I will bring it out to use occasionally on areas that have broken out.

on 3/5/2012 7:29:00 PM

For some reason, I always seem to buy this product again when I just want a different cleanser from the one I use daily. I honestly don't know why because this cleanser doesn't really do anything for my skin at all.

The one thing I really like about this cleanser is the way it makes my face feel. It's gives a tingly, minty feeling (?) on my face after I wash it off, which I really enjoy. It also doesn't smell offensive or anything, it just has a nice fresh scent. However, this cleanser really isn't that good at all. It doesn't get all my makeup off, it doesn't really CLEAN my face that well, and even with the salicylic acid it does nothing for my acne.

I don't recommend getting this cleanser really...unless you really want to try it. And whatever you do, don't get the general store brand versions of this cleanser. They smell so awful! :X