July 29, 2014 | 955 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Deade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never really been a big fan of serums for some reason but thought id try this after all the rave reviews. Ive been bleaching my hair for years so it honestly represents straw when left to dry naturally & causes the boyfriend a great laugh. The first time I tried it I think I applied wrong & ended up with limp greasy roots and not much else. Undeterred I thought id give it another go. How glad was I as this stuff is amazing. I used 2 pumps then rough dried it getting ready to then run the irons through as usual but for the first time EVER the straightners did not need make an appearance. I was gobsmacked. Ive since tried the cream version & get pretty similar results but now cant seem to buy it anywhere. Have noticed our cousins across the pond have said they now cant find the serum either so will definitely be stocking up as they must be discontinuing it. NOOOOOOO

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this serum, but was discontinued a while ago. It made my hair smooth, shiny and frizz free. They should have added this to the new revamped Vive line, but oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by IssyLM

tried this as it has such great reviews here, plus I have liked the poo/condish in this line. But OMG I was soooooooo disappointed in the serum. The only good thing I can say is that I love the smell... it made my hair go dry, and gave me an intcy, greasy scalp. I also ended up with HORRIBLY tangled hair, and that is REALLY unusual for me. Normally it never gets tangles, and I only had a trim a week or so ago. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not cause unhealthy hair. Of course, when you use any serums or silicone products, you will have to be aware of buildup, but there is almost no product out there that you can use daily without buildup! That's what clarifying shampoos are for. I use a clarifying shampoo every other wash and have never had a problem with serums. This one is fantastic and I have two extra bottles waiting when I finish the one I'm using. It's light and very effective in getting rid of frizzies. People should be clarifying much more often then they do, if you ask me. That's why they claim that product is magically "no longer effective" after awhile! It's because it's building up on the hair and can't do anything anymore. Buy this; it's great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lma782

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't get sucked into using this!!

Yes, it does a great job eliminating frizzies. But it has the worst type of silicone in it, which means it's impossible to get the stuff out of your hair unless you use a harsh shampoo. Which then makes your hair drier over time.

I thought this was a great product, until I realized it was responsible for build up (I don't use shampoos with SLS) and breakage because it freaking dried my hair out. Now I have to rescue my once- healthy hair. *sob*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I really wanted to love this product, but this sadly did not work for my hair. Even one pump (rather than 2) weighed down my fine hair so badly that it made it look greasy, dirty and limp. It didn't completely knock out the frizzies, either. Would not repurchase for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by DontHateMeCuzImDutiful

Would I buy this product again? Well YES, if I could find it somewhere!
I don't know what's going on, but this stuff is nowhere to be found anymore.
I am SO not happy! =(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by itsmeashleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this stuff...I have curly very frizzy hair that I striaghten with my Chi blow dryer...I don't even have to iron it when I use this stuff my hair is so light not weighed down whatsoever. it's $3 at Ulta and it's amazing! Before this I was using products by Tigi,Aveda and Frederic Fekkai...this stuff beats everything

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2006 3:41:00 AM More reviews by RamaG

I have log curly hair that tends to friz a lot. I bought this product based on the reviews on this website, but unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jeren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! It makes my hair so shiny and straight, yet doesn't leave it feeling greasy or heavy. Another unexpected plus is that it doesn't seem to make my hair feel dirty the next day -- I can get away without shampooing if I'm in a lazy mood.