Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), juglans regia (walnut) shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cocamidoproply betaine, kaolin, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, carbomer 940, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

love that the granules are super tiny
leaves skin fresh and smooth
really want to love this product but unfortunately, i think this causes me to have white heads

on 1/2/2011 12:37:00 AM

I tried this and was worried it would be like the mint julep mask, which didn't work for me. This, however, prevents breakouts and I use every other day in the shower.

on 12/10/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This and all other scrubs break me out something terrible! I did some research on the ingredients and found that these scrubs leave microscopic scratches in your skin. This is a gateway to heaven for bacteria. I know use enzyme based exfoiliators. They work so much better.

on 11/3/2010 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is good stuff!! Small effective granules gives a perfect exfoliation... The granules are smaller than ST Ives Abricot scrub, but effective in another way. They are softer and smaller, but many. So they give almost the same good effect as St ives, I usually combine these two...

Recommended!! :)

on 10/31/2010 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have generally stayed away from scrubs because they irritated my skin in the past. Now that my skin has calmed down, I decided to try a scrub. Queen Helenes mint julep scrub is wonderful! It left my skin smooth and noticably softer. It rubbed away all of the dry patches on my cheeks, and helped significantly with most, but not all, of the little whiteheads around chin and nose. I recommend it wholeheartedly. It is not so harsh that you feel you are tearing your skin, and not so mild that you feel you did not really exfoliate anything... Its consistency is just right. If you have never tried this scrub, please try it. I depend on other reviewers here, and love to share when I have a skin success story!

on 10/9/2010 6:59:00 PM

I really love this scrub. It is gentle yet effective. I use this once a week (should probably use 2 or 3 times a week), and it is effective at sloughing the dead cells and smoothing the skin. I'm impressed with this scrub and Queen Helene products in general. You can't beat the quality for the price.

on 10/3/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this so badly! :( But it has dimethicone in it. Yuck. My skin hates silicones. A couple years back, I always used Biosilk for my hair. My hair always looked good, but I had bad bad acne. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. I always changed my pillow cases, never touched my face, used acne clearing makeup and products, drank a gallon of water a day, took skin vitamins--I did it all. For years I used biosilk and for years I had acne. So I thankfully came across something on the net relating acne to haircare products, stopped using said silk and wala-- 3 months later my skin was as clear as a babys butt. For real. I've had little breakouts here and there but never like it was before. So as I'm sitting here, with a huge sore cystic monster on my chin, I'm realizing that I haven't had one like this for like 3 years. The only thing I've changed in my routine lately is the addition of this product. And whaddya know? Dimethicone right there smack dab on the ingredient list. I'm really bummed because I LOVE the masque for my somewhat acne prone skin. This scrub made my skin feel really clean and soft-- well fake soft. See because silicones sit on top of you skin and create a barrier between your skin and lets say, air, it only "feels" soft. You're not actually touching your skin. Your touching the silicones "on top" of your skin. As you know, this will definitely clog pores and causes big fat breakouts if you have oily skin. Worse yet it takes FIVE DAYS to completely wash dimethicone off your skin!
Makes your hair look bomb and your face look bombed out. :( lol. I really wish super hard that they take this ingredient out and reformulate this stuff because I need a good scrub.

Very good and so cheap! Efficient scrub that reveals fresh,smooth and ready for makeup skin! The granules are very small,so it is not irritating and scratching your skin.The smell is lovely.

I bought this based on the reviews. Overall, it is an ok product, nothing special. The grains were not fine enough and it does an ok job. I like the Alba Sea Kelp Scrub much better. But this is mot bad to have around b/c of the cheap price.

As for the mask, I used that first before coming to the scrub. The mask I would give 3.5 stars. Dries out pimples and oil, but doesn't do as it promised with blackheads and pores.

on 8/27/2010 8:49:00 PM

When Sally's finally opened up in my area in Canada, I went searching for the mini julep masque but they unfortunately did not have it in Canada yet but I did found this beauty. This is amazing, before this scrub I was using St.Ive's apricot scrub but had stopped 2 weeks before because I heard that the St.Ive's scrub actually scratches your face but it isn't noticeable. If you took one of those pictures that look deep into your skin, you can see it being damaged (I heard this from a review). I couldn't take that chance and threw it out. So finding this mint julep natural facial scrub was right on time. It's amazing! It feels slightly similar to the St.Ive's scrub, so the transition for me switching scrubs was a lot easier. This scrub however has way finer granules than the St.Ive's one, not as harsh on the face which is amazing! Whenever I use this scrub, I just feel like a fresh layer of skin is coming out to reveal clear skin! No more flakey skin or dull skin with this scrub around =)

Popular Scrubs