September 20, 2014 | 1897 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by harleypaws

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this scrub. It is gentle yet effective. I use this once a week (should probably use 2 or 3 times a week), and it is effective at sloughing the dead cells and smoothing the skin. I'm impressed with this scrub and Queen Helene products in general. You can't beat the quality for the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so badly! :( But it has dimethicone in it. Yuck. My skin hates silicones. A couple years back, I always used Biosilk for my hair. My hair always looked good, but I had bad bad acne. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. I always changed my pillow cases, never touched my face, used acne clearing makeup and products, drank a gallon of water a day, took skin vitamins--I did it all. For years I used biosilk and for years I had acne. So I thankfully came across something on the net relating acne to haircare products, stopped using said silk and wala-- 3 months later my skin was as clear as a babys butt. For real. I've had little breakouts here and there but never like it was before. So as I'm sitting here, with a huge sore cystic monster on my chin, I'm realizing that I haven't had one like this for like 3 years. The only thing I've changed in my routine lately is the addition of this product. And whaddya know? Dimethicone right there smack dab on the ingredient list. I'm really bummed because I LOVE the masque for my somewhat acne prone skin. This scrub made my skin feel really clean and soft-- well fake soft. See because silicones sit on top of you skin and create a barrier between your skin and lets say, air, it only "feels" soft. You're not actually touching your skin. Your touching the silicones "on top" of your skin. As you know, this will definitely clog pores and causes big fat breakouts if you have oily skin. Worse yet it takes FIVE DAYS to completely wash dimethicone off your skin!
Makes your hair look bomb and your face look bombed out. :( lol. I really wish super hard that they take this ingredient out and reformulate this stuff because I need a good scrub.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by penguin102010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very good and so cheap! Efficient scrub that reveals fresh,smooth and ready for makeup skin! The granules are very small,so it is not irritating and scratching your skin.The smell is lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by serenitydicarpio

I bought this based on the reviews. Overall, it is an ok product, nothing special. The grains were not fine enough and it does an ok job. I like the Alba Sea Kelp Scrub much better. But this is mot bad to have around b/c of the cheap price.

As for the mask, I used that first before coming to the scrub. The mask I would give 3.5 stars. Dries out pimples and oil, but doesn't do as it promised with blackheads and pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by X1HONEY

When Sally's finally opened up in my area in Canada, I went searching for the mini julep masque but they unfortunately did not have it in Canada yet but I did found this beauty. This is amazing, before this scrub I was using St.Ive's apricot scrub but had stopped 2 weeks before because I heard that the St.Ive's scrub actually scratches your face but it isn't noticeable. If you took one of those pictures that look deep into your skin, you can see it being damaged (I heard this from a review). I couldn't take that chance and threw it out. So finding this mint julep natural facial scrub was right on time. It's amazing! It feels slightly similar to the St.Ive's scrub, so the transition for me switching scrubs was a lot easier. This scrub however has way finer granules than the St.Ive's one, not as harsh on the face which is amazing! Whenever I use this scrub, I just feel like a fresh layer of skin is coming out to reveal clear skin! No more flakey skin or dull skin with this scrub around =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sugah12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. The granules are very fine and not too abrasive. It's a great exfoliator! I've tried many other exfoliators including st.ives apricot, and this does not even compare to others. It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in Canada, it was hard to find this product, but i finally found it and tried it tonight. First of all this is a good exfoliator, its not comparable to st.ives because mint julep has very fine granules. It felt like i was using baking soda on my skin mixed with a creamy base. it was tingly but not painful, very refreshing actually. However when i rinsed it off my skin was very soft and comfortable.. I like it but i wouldnt say in love. I will try the other scrubs in this line. If i find i dont like this i will use it on my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by biscuitaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing rave reviews about the Mint Julep Masque, i spotted this in my local sally's beauty supply store (i live in the UK) and it was marked down from 5.93 to 2.95 however after adding VAT it was around 3.30 so from around $9 to $5 which is a bit more than the US if i'm right. At first i thought this was the Mint Julep Masque however i was still optimistic about this as it still had good reviews and smelt nice. This went beyond my expectations, normally i feel like i need a coarse scrub for it to actually scrub however this had fine ground walnut or almond shells, and once i rinsed off my skin was so soft and smooth! I only needed to use a small amount probably 2 peas for my whole face so i think that the tube should last a while. My only gripe about this product is that it isn't widely available in the UK! and also it's more expensive here :(. however i definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by SUGAJAY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Queen Helene products. After using the Oatmeal scrub n having a bad reaction to it, i was determined to find another Queen Helene facial scrub that would work. I bought the mint julep facial scrub n when i opened it and seen that it looked just like the Oatmeal scrub, i was a little disappointed but I still used it anyways LOL anywho it was less rough than the oatmeal n it didnt cause me to break out the nex day like the Oatmeal one did. I've been using it now for a little over two weeks, three times a week. I feel as though it really does scrub my face leaving it to feel clean and fresh. It does try it out a bit but I dont mind because I mainly use the scrub on the days i fine my face the most oily. I will definately continue to use this. The grapeseed peel masque is great too but i think im going to try the mud masque and see how that is as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! I used to use an apricot scrub to exfoliate my face about three times a week, and it was always very coarse and abrasive. This stuff is gentle, effective, smells wonderful, and it leaves the most awesome cooling sensation afterward. Plus it's less than $3!