October 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my foundation of choice in my late teens/early 20's, but eventually it began to look chalky on me and became overly drying. My skin changes from oily to dry and this is definitely not a good choice for dry skin. It showed all my flakey and peeling areas. Not pretty.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by NShoreD

I tried a sample of this, and I'm glad I did. It does get in the creases, accentuating them. Not a good look! The coverage was ok, but I didn't think it made my face look any better than any other product I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was in my twenties this was my go to foundation. Now, I see that it goes into every line that's on my face and settles there. I don't have many lines, but I want them to fade, not look more pronounced. I think liquid foundations have evolved and the BBs and CCs can be great. Also, has the potential of spilling and getting on everything.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay so let me start off by saying I love powder foundations and am not uppity about my expectations..So when I ordered this online I felt like it was a bit too expensive for me and I also got the wrong color..online it looked much lighter and when I got it, it fit my half black sister perfectly. But, that's neither here not there because that is my fault. However, after using it once and trying to work with it sheerly and what not, I noticed it did nothing for my extremely oily skin..it made me look sooo shiny and cakey and hour into using it, and on too of that it exentuated each and every one of my large pores. I mean yes I could have used a smoothing primer, but I wanted to see how well the foundation worked on it's own. So all in all I hated it, and will never use it again, unless a miracle happens and I go to a Bare minerals store and have someone do it for me and make it look great. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jayess3

One of my must-haves in my make up bag. I've been using this foundation for five years now, and I'm still loving it more than ever. I understand it doesn't work well for everyone's skin, but for myself (I have combination skin- oilier t-zone and drier rest of the face), it looks beautiful. I have tried both the original and matte formula, and while I do love that the original provides a glowing, natural sheen, I never have to powder or worry about my t-zone getting oily after a number of hours has gone by with the matte. Even though I know this is horrible to do, I have slept with BareMinerals on and it really hasn't harmed my skin. This is one of the biggest reasons why I love BareMinerals so much; it just feels so lightweight and agrees with my skin so well. I've been complimented so many times on my skin, having comments that ranged from whether I use an airbrush on my skin everyday because it always looks flawless (who has time for that?!), to people thinking my skin naturally looked that good because it didn't look like I was wearing any product at all! Just try it. If it works well with your skin type and you learn how to apply it properly, I almost guarantee you will fall in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! Won't clog pores at all. My skin looks so much better after quitting liquids, I will swear by BE for acne-prone skin to my dying day! Even though there aren't a lot of colors, the colors are really forgiving, so my hard-to-match darker skin is definitely appreciative of the flexibility of this! Looks really natural, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Originally bought BM because liquid makeup looks very bad on my skin. Ever since I started using it which was about 3 years ago my skin appears to be softer and less red. I really feel that this is one of the best powder makeup brands that I have used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear this powder on its own because I don't feel like it provides the coverage that I want, but I love how it looks over a BB cream or foundation. The effect that these powders give is so flawless. I like to use these instead of a normal setting powder. Plus, these feel so much lighter and less powdery than some pressed powders. The only complaint I have is that the one I've tried is the loose version, which was messy, but they do make these in pressed versions now.

I will not be buying this again. I think there are better options

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dontmakemeupgur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a long time this was my HG of makeup. I've been using this since high school!

I have always looked pale and had skin problems which is amplified by my light skin. I always had to reapply my makeup mid-day due to shine. This makeup lasts all day and my skin looks fabulous. It feels great, like I'm not wearing makeup. Mineral Veil is wonderful.

Bare Minerals needs to be applied as directed to achieve the best results so I highly recommend a trip to one of their boutiques to have a pro show you how to apply if you're new to this makeup, You also need to use the correct brush to apply any mineral makeup.

This really is a great product and I tell all my friends to get some

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I lived in Texas, I COULD NOT wear any liquid makeup, except under my eyes but even that was too much at times. It was powder makeup or nothing. I turned to this after liquids kept failing on me, melting away from the heat and my extreme oiliness. This changed everything

The bad things are: That the coverage may not be enough although it is buildable. With a concealer brush you can concertrate the product or use concealers and or liquids but only for certain small spots. Then go over with this powder. THIS PRODUCT IS MESSY. Powder flying everywhere, spilling. You definetly need a moisturizer or primer is needed or it could look dry. It looks cakey but in order to fix that, you need to BLEND. So blend, blend, blend, blend, blend and when you think you have not blended enough, BLEND SOME MORE. Its work to use this.

The good things are: SO NATURAL looking. I know i mentioned cakey but that is very easily avoided. SO lightweight, Its like wearing nothing. It has SPF. The product last a long time. Its great for sensitive skin, I myself have never broken out from this makeup. Buildable. Does not make me oily. Great color matches even for my very yellow undertoned skin. When blended it is smooth.

I am now in Switzerland where is cold and dry so I cannot wear this makeup as often as i did in Texas but when I am visiting back in Texas, I switch to this.