November 28, 2014 | 1475 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by MissJoceV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the original formula: Ladies w/ acne prone skin BEWARE!! So I originally tried out bare minerals because (duh) it's supposed to be light on your skin, therefore NO skin irritation and NO breakouts...WRONG! I started using it everyday because my skin had been pretty bad and figured id give it a break from liquid foundation, well eventually I broke out horribly! I had cystic acne all along my jawline that eventually spread to my cheeks! As well as breaking out, it irritated my skin so that it was itchy, my skin just felt disgusting when I had it on. This formula is the reason I immediately got on acne medication plus prescription topical creams in order to calm my skin. I no longer use it and NEVER will again, since then my skin has been improving. UGH NIGHTMARE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with bare minerals! The entire system: the foundation *love that it has spf*, warmth is such a nice touch of color, and the mineral veil sets it all. I use the foundation as a concealer but not for under my eyes, for my under eyes I use the neutrogena 3-in-1 under eye concealer with spf. The brushes aren't that great, they work well but the full flawless face brush started to shed after only a few uses, hopefully though it's only a few loose hairs, the concealer brush and flawless face brush have been fine. I love the glow to my skin that I get with bare minerals, it works so well on my combination/dry skin, the primer takes care of my flaky spots really well and is so satiny smooth. Overall I simply love bare minerals, I love the feeling that I have no makeup on because I hate foundations that smother my face. Wonderful product, and it lasts forever!

*EDIT* I am dropping my rating down to a four because the brushes were almost unusable after just one gentle wash. I also found the foundation to be drying after using it for a few more weeks after my review. Very sad because I really liked it but I am taking off a lippie because it is marketed for all skin types but between the scratchy brushes and drying foundation, my sensitive skin can't tolerate it any longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my foundation of choice in my late teens/early 20's, but eventually it began to look chalky on me and became overly drying. My skin changes from oily to dry and this is definitely not a good choice for dry skin. It showed all my flakey and peeling areas. Not pretty.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by NShoreD

I tried a sample of this, and I'm glad I did. It does get in the creases, accentuating them. Not a good look! The coverage was ok, but I didn't think it made my face look any better than any other product I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was in my twenties this was my go to foundation. Now, I see that it goes into every line that's on my face and settles there. I don't have many lines, but I want them to fade, not look more pronounced. I think liquid foundations have evolved and the BBs and CCs can be great. Also, has the potential of spilling and getting on everything.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay so let me start off by saying I love powder foundations and am not uppity about my expectations..So when I ordered this online I felt like it was a bit too expensive for me and I also got the wrong color..online it looked much lighter and when I got it, it fit my half black sister perfectly. But, that's neither here not there because that is my fault. However, after using it once and trying to work with it sheerly and what not, I noticed it did nothing for my extremely oily skin..it made me look sooo shiny and cakey and hour into using it, and on too of that it exentuated each and every one of my large pores. I mean yes I could have used a smoothing primer, but I wanted to see how well the foundation worked on it's own. So all in all I hated it, and will never use it again, unless a miracle happens and I go to a Bare minerals store and have someone do it for me and make it look great. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jayess3

One of my must-haves in my make up bag. I've been using this foundation for five years now, and I'm still loving it more than ever. I understand it doesn't work well for everyone's skin, but for myself (I have combination skin- oilier t-zone and drier rest of the face), it looks beautiful. I have tried both the original and matte formula, and while I do love that the original provides a glowing, natural sheen, I never have to powder or worry about my t-zone getting oily after a number of hours has gone by with the matte. Even though I know this is horrible to do, I have slept with BareMinerals on and it really hasn't harmed my skin. This is one of the biggest reasons why I love BareMinerals so much; it just feels so lightweight and agrees with my skin so well. I've been complimented so many times on my skin, having comments that ranged from whether I use an airbrush on my skin everyday because it always looks flawless (who has time for that?!), to people thinking my skin naturally looked that good because it didn't look like I was wearing any product at all! Just try it. If it works well with your skin type and you learn how to apply it properly, I almost guarantee you will fall in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! Won't clog pores at all. My skin looks so much better after quitting liquids, I will swear by BE for acne-prone skin to my dying day! Even though there aren't a lot of colors, the colors are really forgiving, so my hard-to-match darker skin is definitely appreciative of the flexibility of this! Looks really natural, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Originally bought BM because liquid makeup looks very bad on my skin. Ever since I started using it which was about 3 years ago my skin appears to be softer and less red. I really feel that this is one of the best powder makeup brands that I have used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear this powder on its own because I don't feel like it provides the coverage that I want, but I love how it looks over a BB cream or foundation. The effect that these powders give is so flawless. I like to use these instead of a normal setting powder. Plus, these feel so much lighter and less powdery than some pressed powders. The only complaint I have is that the one I've tried is the loose version, which was messy, but they do make these in pressed versions now.

I will not be buying this again. I think there are better options