October 2, 2014 | 1049 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear this powder on its own because I don't feel like it provides the coverage that I want, but I love how it looks over a BB cream or foundation. The effect that these powders give is so flawless. I like to use these instead of a normal setting powder. Plus, these feel so much lighter and less powdery than some pressed powders. The only complaint I have is that the one I've tried is the loose version, which was messy, but they do make these in pressed versions now.

I will not be buying this again. I think there are better options

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dontmakemeupgur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a long time this was my HG of makeup. I've been using this since high school!

I have always looked pale and had skin problems which is amplified by my light skin. I always had to reapply my makeup mid-day due to shine. This makeup lasts all day and my skin looks fabulous. It feels great, like I'm not wearing makeup. Mineral Veil is wonderful.

Bare Minerals needs to be applied as directed to achieve the best results so I highly recommend a trip to one of their boutiques to have a pro show you how to apply if you're new to this makeup, You also need to use the correct brush to apply any mineral makeup.

This really is a great product and I tell all my friends to get some

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I lived in Texas, I COULD NOT wear any liquid makeup, except under my eyes but even that was too much at times. It was powder makeup or nothing. I turned to this after liquids kept failing on me, melting away from the heat and my extreme oiliness. This changed everything

The bad things are: That the coverage may not be enough although it is buildable. With a concealer brush you can concertrate the product or use concealers and or liquids but only for certain small spots. Then go over with this powder. THIS PRODUCT IS MESSY. Powder flying everywhere, spilling. You definetly need a moisturizer or primer is needed or it could look dry. It looks cakey but in order to fix that, you need to BLEND. So blend, blend, blend, blend, blend and when you think you have not blended enough, BLEND SOME MORE. Its work to use this.

The good things are: SO NATURAL looking. I know i mentioned cakey but that is very easily avoided. SO lightweight, Its like wearing nothing. It has SPF. The product last a long time. Its great for sensitive skin, I myself have never broken out from this makeup. Buildable. Does not make me oily. Great color matches even for my very yellow undertoned skin. When blended it is smooth.

I am now in Switzerland where is cold and dry so I cannot wear this makeup as often as i did in Texas but when I am visiting back in Texas, I switch to this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by carick85

Stupidly.. I used this foundation for about three years straight a while back because it covered my acne well. This junk was the reason I had acne to cover in the first place.. to be fair, I had acne issues before using this, but this kicked it up to full blown cystic acne. I recently discovered how bad the bismuth ingredient is, and have been staying away from it. My skin is extremely delicate.. like, ridiculously sensitive. The people who love this makeup must have tough, not easily irritated skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really surprised at all the negative reviews on this foundation. If you're going to try this product. Please learn how to apply it.

I know this sounds cliche, but less is more.
Tap a small amount of powder in the lid. Take your all over face brush and swirl it around the lid. Tap off the excess. do circular motions on your face. Buffing it out is key. I know it takes some time, but it's worth it to do it right.

Otherwise, it will look splotchy, cakey, and not last as long.

If you want full coverage, do that process i mentioned 3 times.

My face is normally pretty dry, so I moisturize in my problem areas. Then i use bareminerals prime time. I let my primer set for about 2 mins. Then i apply my foundation.

My reason for giving it 4 stars is it can be a bit messy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynmarieexoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot even tell you how many times I have tried to love this foundation. But I just cant. It is AWFUL. This has got to be in all seriousness the WORST mineral foundation on the market. That's not even an exaggeration. If you have redness, acne or any other kind of discoloration putting this on your face is only going to make it 10x worse. It has absolutley NO coverage and makes your skin look blotchy, and uneven. It just adds a little bit of orange color to your redness making it look awful. Its super shimmery, so it makes any zit you have glow and stick out even more than without the makeup on. The coverage is sheer at best. It you use a flat concealer brush to try and build up coverage on spots, it looks super cakey, and makes your pores look HUGE. Not to mention it has a metallic finish when you build it up heavier. And when putting this on acne blemishes, it just makes the spot look darker and it doesn't cover a damn thing. Now onto the actual ingredients, as everyone already knows this foundation contains BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE. Why you may ask? I have no idea. There are soooooo many other mineral foundations on the market that are 1/3 the price of this one and do not have this harmful ingredient. Sensitive skin or not this will make you itch. Especially if you start to sweat. This is awful in the summer because your skin starts itching terribly and you just want to wipe this s*** off of your face. Bismuth's microscopic structure is crystal shaped. This pokes at your skin causing irritation and itching. I have no idea why a company deeming this as "all natural" and "good for your skin" would think that having bismuth in there foundation is a good idea. Bismuth is synthetic, not natural and its horrible for your skin. Ladies, please if you are interested in mineral makeup go for an online indie brand. They have no bismuth and are super cheap. I recommend Lucy minerals, Meow, or Joppa. Steer very clear of this and do not buy into all the marketing and fake hype!!!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by mrstaylor13

I wore this product in High School and absolutely loved it.. After about 2 yrs of continuous use, I suffered a breakout on my forehead that was very itchy and left tiny little flesh colered bumps EVERYWHERE.. I thought at first that it may have been my eczema, but I went to my derm and it was indeed acne. I discontinued use of this product for a while since I thought that it was contributing to the problem. Once I stopped using, my skin looked awesome.. But I missed using the BE since it was very fast in the morning.. I used it once more-by the end of the day my forehead was again COVERED in those tiny flesh colored bumps and itched like CRAZY!! I have since used it a few more times, and each time I do I breakout like crazy.. I will NEVER use BE again. Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ahmiee29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My very first time wearing foundation was this very foundation. I thought it was amazing because I didn't know any better. After trying and seeing the possibilities of other foundations, I've realized I've been living in a glass house during my relationship with BE. I recently decided to give this another go to see why I loved it so much to begin with. My only conclusion, and I had to stretch myself to come up with such, is that it didn't break me out. But how it emphasizes on all my imperfections, I might as well have broken out. If you have normal skin with no pores and no imperfections, this is the foundation for you. For all of us other gals blessed with imperfect skin, forget it. Coverage: mediocre. To boost that, lasting power (especially on oily skin) is zero to none. Oily control: none. Dry spot: this is a magnifying glass for those little flakes. And to add to it, in natural sunlight, you can see all the tiny shimmering sparkles! And as we all know shimmer with oil is not a very appealing look. After a few hours, mixed with your oils, you look like you can fry an egg on your face. (unless you love that look, go for it) If not, lets leave this foundation to the perfect skinned girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sarasweden99

Love it now!!!!! Okay so before i purchased it I actually read some of these reviews and most of them were bad. I bought it anyway and liked it! But once I watched this Youtube video on a girl who works in a BM store showed how to apply it properly and gave a lot of great tips, It helped me soooo much and now I love it. I thought you couldn´t get full coverage but you can! I just found out I was doing it all wrong... So the Youtube video was called --How to properly use your Bare Minerals starter kit-- By LoveShelbey.

PLEASE just watch the video and try out what she says you should do. It really do help a lot<3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Feels good on my skin and provides good coverage but I couldn't find an exact match to my skin tone even with the help of the SA.