BeneFit Cosmetics Eye Bright

3.8

Titanium Dioxide, Titanated Mica, Mica, Ammonium Manganese Pyrophosphate, Carmine, Liquid Petrolatum, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Castor Oil, Carnauba Wax, Bleached Beeswax, Ceresin, Stearyl Heptanoate, Synthetic Hydrocarbon Wax, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Poltethylene Powder, Parahydroxybenzoate Ester, Dibutylhydroxytoluene.

on 3/27/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Is it my imagination or are BeneFit's products priced so cheap on ebay? Yes, retail wise they're totally overpriced, but I got this on ebay for $7 with free shipping! And once I used it and fell in love I bought 3 more! I'm super pale so I could see it going on too light for darker skins, but my sister who is tanned used it and it looked great. I have really dark undereye circles and this worked better than concealer! Perfect amount of light reflection, and the colour totally covered the weird blood-vessly broken capillary problems there too...the texture is super smooth and doesn't cake or look obvious the way concealer would. Come to think of it, if you are darker skinned you could always wear your regular concealer over it to tone it down. Love this product (and have tried a million other things) and will certainly buy again. Must add that it's way more effective than BeneFit's ooh la lift, which does tend to rest in lines and cake and doesn't have nearly the coverage, thats more of a highlighter. Of coarse this stick makes a very effective highlighter as well.

on 3/20/2012 7:54:00 PM

Love it!

This is my favorite undereye concealer. I've bought this continuously for maybe 5 years now.

I thought the ladies at the Benefit counter were goddesses when they introduced this to me, and showed me how to use it. My life changed. Covering the bags under my eyes helped me conceal the all nighters I pulled in school, redness around the nose from sickness or allergies, and even cover acne marks in a pinch (not the best use for it, but if you've got it in your purse, it's better than nothing).

Con: it's kinda expensive and the packaging isn't great. You use it till bits of pencil wood scratch at your undereye, then whittle away precious product when you sharpen. I wish it was in a twist up packaging like a stick of lip balm.

on 2/20/2012 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HIT for me also. Sadly my days of tight, young, lifted eyes are over, so the No1 wish is a concealer that doesn't highlight all the faults. Dark circles/demarcation corrected, product applies well if warmed up first between thumb and finger, then applied. Eye bright is exactly what it does. Although product does eventually creep into fine lines (end of day) it does a steady job behaving itself as the clock ticks, and Ive tried 100s of concealers, this is most probably in the top 3 of my concealer favourites
P.S. you might need to buy a special sharpener

on 2/2/2012 12:09:00 PM

This product is one of those hit-or-miss ones - and it's definetly a hit for me!

Eventhought it can't handle my dark circles by itself, I find it's really good at lifting the eye area, where sometimes I get a little swallow eye bags for an over nighter (college student here...). It also does an amazing job at making my eyes seem more awake, bright and alive - even if I only had four hours of sleep! Definetly wouldn't dream about going though an exam week without this little guy with me. Sometimes I also use it to highlight my nose, tops of the cheeks, cupid's bow and the waterline of my eyes. Truly a multi-tasking product.

I really like the pencil packaging, as it's easy to carry around in a tiny makeup bag during the day for touch ups. The staying power is average, so I'm glad it has such a convenient size, that still lasts a long² time.

The texture is creamy, but not to the point of greasy - it's just right. It blends effortless into my skin. Combined with Boi-ing concealer, it's my HG for everyday and everynight to combat my dark circles.

on 1/26/2012 11:50:00 PM

I purchased this several years ago when I saw Carmindy use it on WNTW (before she exclusively used Sally Hansen on the show). It definitely brightens up my eye area; I use it on the inner corners and sometimes to brighten up my blue circles under the eye. Another poster mentioned she couldn't sharpen it with her sharpener and I had that problem as well, until a sales associate at Ulta showed me that most sharpeners have a larger hole. If the larger hole still doesn't fit (which mine didn't), ("that's what she said"), there should be a plastic "lip" around the hole that can actually be popped off to fit larger pencils! It's true that you do lose a lot of product sharpening it, so when it gets low I'll sometimes use a concealer brush to apply it, which works well.

on 1/16/2012 9:06:00 PM

I must have gotten this in a kit since I dont remember buying it but I do use it everyday. Ive tried using it under my concealer, and I like it but I dont remember to do it on a day to day basis. So mainly I use it to highlight below my eyebrows, in the inner corner of the eyes and in the tearduct.
I did took lippied off because of the package its horrible applying it in the tearduct because its huge, it gets awkward and it gets on your lashes.
Mine is ending, it was nice but I think I'll try Stila Topaz next time.

on 1/16/2012 5:40:00 PM

Lovely product. I use it under concealor under the eyes, under my brows and sometimes as a highlighter in other areas.

I don't like it so much for the waterline (which I believe it is designed for) as I find it runs into your lashes making them white.

You don't need High Brow if you have this imo.

I took marks off packaging because you lose a lot of product having to sharpen it.

on 1/16/2012 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this a 4 because it's a little pricey. This makes my eye area look less tired. It brightens the eye area. I use as directed by putting it on the outside corners of my eye. It brightens my face when I put a little bit down the bridge of my nose. Usually pink highlighters don't flatter my skin at all, but gold ones do. Even though this looks fine, gold highlighters do look better on me. I'm unsure if I'll repurchase. But I have a gold eye pencil that brightens and it suits my skin tone better. If the color is off for anyone reading this, try a gold one by a different company.

Despite the pink color this really does liven up the face and fights signs of fatigue.

on 1/4/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this every day after I apply my concealer. I use on my under eye circles. It erases all the darkness around that area. It's a pinky shade and works well with my C4 skin color. I apply lightly, blend with ring finger and set with powder. Also apply to the arch and areas that need some brightness. My makeup would not be complete without this handy pencil.

on 12/31/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Cannot recommend this pencil, primarily because I can't sharpen it. I already own five different eye pencil sharpeners but can't sharpen this pencil in an one of them. Someone here mentioned that Benefit sells a sharpener for this pencil but darned if I'm going to buy a sharpener just for it. Also, if someone wants a pencil that will neutralize the red color of the inner eyelid, this one won't do it. Pale pink doesn't neutralize red but rather yellow does.

Video Reviews & Tutorials