L'Oreal Voluminous Original

3.6

Aqua/water/eau, paraffin, cyclopentasiloxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, stearic acid, triethanolamine, acacia senegal gum, carnauba/carnauba wax/cire de carnauba, palmitic acid, dimenthiconol, hydroxyethyl-cellulose, panthenol, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium polymethacrylate, methylparaben, PEG/PPG- 17/18 dimethicone, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, polyquaternium-10. MAY CONTAIN /- CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77491/iron oxides; CI 77007/ultramarines; CI 77891/titanium oxide; CI 77266/black 2; mica; CI 75470/carmine; CI 77510/ferric ferrocyanide; CI 77288/chromium oxide greens; CI 77289/chromium hyrdoxide green

on 8/29/2014 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually really like this mascara alot. I don't get any smudging with it. It does really help to add noticeable volume to my eyelashes whenever I use it. It does clump up a bit if I keep layering on coats of it, but that isn't a big enough thing to ever keep me from repurchasing again. If your looking for a good drugstore mascara, then this is definitely probably the best out there.

One of my tried and trues. I love this mascara. It's a wet formula mascara. It doesn't smudge, clump, or flake. I've had a tube of this consistently for years, now. Delivers excellent length and volume. I use this one as as a base coat, sometimes, then layer. This easily out performs many HE mascaras. Try this one in Carbon Black.

on 8/22/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the BEST drugstore mascaras out there. This is seriously better than most high end ones. It doesn't smudge or run and comes off easily. It doesn't clump or flake either, which is the most important things to me.

on 8/22/2014 7:10:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for over six years and still love it. I've strayed now and again, but I always come back to it. The brush is fantastic and the formula makes my lashes long and thick without being clumpy--not to mention the fact it's cheap and you can find it pretty much anywhere.

However, I will say that it takes a few uses for the mascara to hit its "sweet spot." I'm not sure why, but the first four or five uses aren't impressive... Regardless, don't let that dissuade you from purchasing!

on 8/21/2014 3:04:00 AM

So far, I'm really diggin this mascara. The make up items in my drawers are a pretty wide range of price, I'm not someone who picks up crappy products just because I'm poor, but I'm also not someone who goes all out and buys expensive stuff just because it's expensive so therefore it should be a good product. One thing that I absolutely refuse to spend more than $10 on is mascara. I have pretty long lashes that aren't thicker than a forrest but they aren't thin either, so I go through a pretty decent amount of it. And for a product you are supposed to replace every three-ish months I really just can not justify spending $25+ on a tube...that's over $100 a year on mascara alone! No frickin way. So after all that, the point I'm trying to make is that I'm on a pretty constant search for the best of the drug store mascara's because I feel that there are a wide array of decent products out there that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for. I rarely have used the same type twice, because I'm definitely a person who keeps searching for something bigger and better if I'm not 100% satisfied. I really enjoy this mascara so far. It's my first tube that I've ever tried of this particular kind, and I think it does great things for my lashes. Like I said, I have decent length lashes, so it doesn't take much to make them look a little bit longer, but I think this does a really classy, nice job of adding just a little more. If you're looking for the falsies, going out on the town look, this is not the choice you should make. It's just a really nice every day mascara. I've noticed hardly any flaking at all, which is a huge plus for me. It has no odor (i can't believe how many mascaras have nasty scents), and it's a simple, no nonsense package and applicator. I haven't decided if I will repurchase, but I'm definitely feeling this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was excited to try out this mascara since I've heard a lot of great things about it. The brush itself was relatively easy to use. However, this formula was simply too wet for my sparse Asian eyelashes. This mascara for be DID NOT hold a curl. I found my curled eyelashes drooping almost immediately after I applied the mascara. It didn't make my eyelashes look any thicker or longer as well. Adding additional coats didn't seem to help much either. I guess I'll have to stick with my orange CoverGirl Lash Blast for now.

on 8/10/2014 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara is great! I don't recommend it if you're looking for a mascara to lengthen your lashes though, because for length, my eyelashes don't really look any longer than they do without mascara. But they definitely look thicker! This mascara doesn't clump at all (unless you wait for it to dry, then put on another coat. Then it will clump a bit). Also, it lasts throughout the whole day without flaking at all. A lot of mascaras I've used in the past would just flake off and mix with my concealer, making under my eyes really black. I never have that problem with this mascara! I will definitely buy again!

on 8/7/2014 7:19:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for the last decade and have not yet found another brand better suited for my needs (even $50+ mascaras!). I am a redhead with eyelashes so fair they are virtually white, therefore I need a mascara that applies relatively thick (for ease of coverage) and has all-day wear. It's makeup that won't come off until I tell it to. I have absolutely no negative comments for this wonderful product. It has seen me through my awkward teen years and well into my adulthood and I'm not likely to give it up anytime soon! Try it for yourself!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this product every time I wear mascara as my base coat. The formula is thick and can be clumpy if applied without scraping the wand, but I use two other mascaras over it which have a thinner formula over the Voluminous and it gives great results! I use the Carbon Black and I also have it in Black and the limited edition Purple color, which I pair with a limited edition purple Great Lash. The brush is dense which can make the mascara go on a little thick but you can use a lash comb or spoolie to help separate your lashes. I wouldn't recommend this formula to use by itself (unless you're scraping off the brush in the tube) but I really like it paired with other formulas. I have long and thick eyelashes so I don't know how this would work on short, straight lashes. Overall, I like the Carbon Black shade the best and have repurchased several times.

on 7/30/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

By itsself its a 2 rating maybe a one. Everyone likes this but its so wet and gets clumpy and weighs lashes down -.- I was very mad because it didnt dotoo much some volume and whatever. It was sitting there and I paired it with the rocket and the jordana best lash extreme then this loreal one and it looked amazing! Made my lashes black hole black dark andmade mylashes waaaay thicker i was in love. But its still very clumpy and i have to comb them out and id rather not spend more time on my lashes then i already do. i wish this didnt clump as much then id buy this to layer with but sadly for the price and extra workto get out clumps, its NOT worth it. dont get the hype.