August 28, 2014 | 1517 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by gammarhapsody9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is favorite mascara!! Its nice quality yet very reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lindsex24

I have been relying on this mascara for years. I love DiorShow mascara, and this is a great dupe. I'm not sure if it's for everyone (you need to like a lot of volume and thickness). The waterproof version is great too. I recommend this mascara to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by iowagirl

The first couple of times I used this mascara I was pleased. After that it was a gloppy, clumpy mess. Throwing this one away.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

This is a good mascara, at first I didn't like it but then I got use to the brush/formula and I liked it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissBrianna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was very black, which I liked and how the product details stated. I don't think it did much to my lashes though. My eyelashes are long and flat and I curl my lashes. This mascara seemed more on the "wet" side and it looked like it weighed down my lashes a little and I needed to apply several coats to achieve a medium-dramatic look which I usually go for. I would recommend other mascaras such as CoverGirl Lash Blast of Benefit's They're Real! to achieve a more dramatic look or volume if you have flat lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

3.5 Wrote a review for the Blackest Black...as stated there - love that it smells like lotion, goes on nicely & smoothly (not un-evenly or jagged lash look), gives a nice natural look. After 2coats I think that is enough. Importantly too, I feel it does NOT make my lashes feel dry nor stiff / brittle. Nice every-day type mascara but I prefer the way that Million Lashes looks if I want drama. I recall it being a little more thickening when my Mom bought it for me back in like 2009 ish, but perhaps that's b/c it takes the formula a couple wks to thicken a little as I just got 2nd time in life yest. The CARBON Black is my HG too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by redlips2

I have extremely short eyelashes so I thought I would give this a try but it smudges so fast and it clumps my eyelashes! Not just that, but it doesn't give me the volume I want. I'm now using Cherry Blooms mascara, which is 10x times better than this! It makes me look like I've got fake eyelashes. Everyone must try if you're not blessed with long eyelashes like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to swear by the Carbon Black and telescopic Then used Better than Sex for awhile and loved it but not the price every three months. all three started to flake on smudge on me. Not cool. Even when new. So after buying the butterfly one, double extend, cover girl flame out, voluminous million excess, blah blah blah. I was pooped out. Returned them all. Wanted my better than sex and carbon black back. But not the price. So I went on a limb again today and grabbed a mini Bare Minerals Lash Domination with this orig Voluminous curved wand in Very black. Holy crapolla!!!! It's better than better than sex. I used my lash domination for three thin coats and needed some more length and used one coat of this on top to lengthen. It's insane. Four people today asked which false lashes I was wearing No lie!!!!! Lash Dom worked wonders for my bottom lashes w this on top. No flaking or smudging so far. I'm in absolute looooove. This combo is unreal ladies. Remember each coat do it nice n light n thin. Ull see!!!;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Still my favorite - I prefer mascaras that deposit a lot of product because my lashes are pretty thin and unnoticeable without anything on them. Voluminous is the best at making my lashes look full without being over the top clumpy. Comfortable bristles on the mascara wand - not too wiry. I've tried other drugstore brands as well as high end dept store brands, but L'Oreal Voluminous is what I go back to each time. Definitely my HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I have this in the waterproof formula.
I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't do much for my lashes, it didn't add volume or do anything extraordinary compared to other products I have used.
On top of that, I have the waterproof formula yet it somehow smudges off! which is extremely annoying because I end up with black blotches under my eyes.
Also, my lashes fall out when I remove this.
Overall, I don't like it, the quality is okay, and it's nothing great.