October 24, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this because so many YTers claim it as HG. I liked it going on. It was not amazing but did give nice dimension and blackness to my lashes. However, it smudged on me by the end of the day, which is the kiss of death for me and a mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by jasminxpx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my ultimate mascara. I always run back to this even when I think that I want to try something new. Nothing compares to this.

Don't get me wrong I've tried some amazing mascaras but for some reason this will always be my #1 love.
It never fails to give me long, voluminous, clump-free lashes. The best part is it doesn't flake after long wear and it doesn't make my lashes hard. Those are my biggest pet peeves when it comes to mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always find myself running back to Voluminous when I am out of mascara and don't have time to shop around. Its a great mascara for volume. Not necessarily length. I like to have it in my kit for clients as well because its really good at giving a full effect. It also never flakes (from my usage) and it doesn't run or smudge. I love this mascara because it's basic and a quick pick when I'm rushing to the store for a mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by confuzzled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after my HG, L'Oreal Lash Out waterproof was discontinued. No love here. Thick and clumpy, tiny fibers and smudges in no time. Won't repurchase. The search for the new HG continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Princess777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A classic! No matter how many times you change your mascara, girls who have tried it, you know like me that we ALWAYS go back to this one. I find it gives the perfect fullest glam lashes we all want. The price is okay, but if you use a lot of mascara like I do (religiously), I might get pricey because it doe's finish fast I find (maybe the texture being really creamy which causes you to put a lot on your lashes…) but it’s still an amazing quality-price value. I absolutely love it and I’m not the only one!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by skuper

This is my go to mascara for the past 7 years. Its perfect to add volume that looks naturally for lashes, and its good on my sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

This mascara isn't amazing but it's really nice and does a great job at lengthening! I would repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jenmoyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara ever. I have tried many drugstore and sephora mascaras, but nothing beats this. It volumizes my lashes, making them look full and defined. I dont think i can ever use any other kind of mascara. nothing really compares to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have read various reviews, and I have my opinion regarding this mascara smudging or not being very water resistant. I live in Florida, where humidity and heat can be a REAL issue. After experimenting, because I like the look of this mascara, I have found this formula to work very effectively. Use this mascara in the regular formula, give it about 1 minute to set. Then apply a second coat with the waterproof formula. This prevents the mascara from running, but since you have put the regular non-waterproof on first, you do not need a eye makeup remover for waterproof eye makeup. Yes, I understand this means two tubes of mascara, plus two times the expense, but I have found this to work very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by pert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had read so many glowing reviews of this mascara that I felt I should try it. Unfortunately, this mascara is just not for me. It goes on rather oddly and tends to glue my lashes together rather than separating them. When I first apply it, it looks OK but within a few minutes my lashes are drooping and after an hour or so it is really bad. I have even tried applying a topcoat of other mascara and that seems to help for a short time, but before I know it, my lashes are a droopy mess again. I have used much better mascaras so won't be buying this one again. In fact, this one is going in the trash.