August 21, 2014 | 1745 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by wonderfulJ

I have just purchased this, and it is a beautiful beige-pink toned polish.

As with all OPI polishes, it is creamy, no streaks and very professional looking once applied properly.

I did find that this was a touch more translucent than I had anticipated, but definitely the right colour. I simply put 3 coats on (letting each dry properly in between).

Love and will buy again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by kgurl23

A very nice creme nude polish with pinky beige undertones that is non-streaky and very easy to apply. It's a little sheer but I think this works in its favour because you can use this polish two ways; worn sheer and as a base for a French manicure or layered for an opaque, nude coverage. One of the nicest nudes I've ever tried! I want to see how Essie's Topless & Barefoot and Sand Tropez compare to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a polish just like this one for over a year. From all the swatches I found googling it, I was hesitant & honestly didn't really like it. I am SO SO SO happy I went ahead and got it. You can go from 1 coat to looking super natural (better than just a clear glossy look) to about 4 coats to looking super opaque. That is what I love about this polish. I personally like it at about 2 coats which make it look more natural & beautiful. Would recommend to anyone who wants the perfect nude color that is semi-sheer & can be built up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A single layer all over the nails, with the addition of white polish on the tips, gives the perfect French manicure. 3 coats of Samoan Sand and a top coat gives a classy everyday nude nail look which is appropriate for school and work. To play it up, I apply 2-3 coats and paint on various designs (checkers, flowers, etc) because this color is just so versatile. It's not streaky (dries on smooth) and does not chip easily with a top coat. Definitely worth the investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by DeepPurple92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had this in my collection for a few years now, but I have never worn it until recently. I've been sick and tired of the pinks and reds that I usually gravitate to so I moved to blues, greens and dark colors but that phase was over soon. I then just looked over my stash of nail polishes to find something different to fit my very unstable mood. I decided to try this because it was the only nude in my collection and it wasn't either bright, boring or dark. I was never a fan of the trend but I wanted to give it a try and that I don't regret. I'm an NC30/35 in MAC and it looks great on my skin and I think it would look even nicer on a darker skin-tone. The downside is that you need an application of 3 thick coats for an opaque appearance. It's a cream finish and dries with a very glossy finish. It can be a bit streaky and tricky to work with but it dries quickly and doesn't chip easily even without a top coat. It works wonders for those days when your nails aren't looking their best because it makes your nails look like their long and nicely shaped for some reason. Some of my nails naturally grow to a more rounded shape on the edges and some grow squared round the edges and bright colors and darks can make my nails look MORE uneven but with this color, my nails blend in with each other more (if that makes sense?). The application can be problematic since I've noticed that with 3 coats, the nail polish on some of the nails still looks more opaque than others. If you're wondering if it does make your fingers look thinner then I have good news for you. It does make them look much thinner and longer! Overall, It's a gorgeous color and I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG of all nudes. Ive tried many nudes from OPI and this is the best. Ive tried malaysian mist(too peachy) barefoot in barcelona (too brown) tickle my fran-cy(too corpse like) dulce de leche (2nd fave nude) samoan sand applies streak free and after 3 coats its opaque. It dries fast and wears very well with the OPI topcoat. Would def buy again and recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahm20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this polish and I definitely prefer using 3 coats and making it opaque. It doesn't stand out a lot, but is a lovely neutral shade with no shimmer, sparkle, frost etc. Looks good on my cool skin tone and I'll probably use this more over the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, this is a gorgeous nude shade! I really like this on hands (I work in a doctor's office and don't feel comfortable wearing brights or darks on my hands). This shade makes my nails look clean & neat. My nails just look beautiful & shiny, almost like they've just been buffed to a pretty sheen. For reference, I am a Px Vellum, MAC NC 25 (or thereabouts). But my sisters all love it too (they all wear Medium Tan in Bare Escentuals). I've never tried this on my feet, because I feel like I need darks or brights down there for a shock of color. But I would totally wear this sandy shade with a pair of sexy, dressy sandals (and do a dark or bright nail with a simpler shoe). This is a beautiful shade & was worth trying out. I like it enough that I think I'm going to buy a backup bottle so I never have to be without it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI Samoan Sand is a neutral beige nail polish. This polish is quite sheer with one or two coats and begins to become opaque at three coats. Samoan Sand is almost an exact match as the skintone of my hands, making it the perfect nude shade for me. It looks best when my nails are short (finger tip length). Samoan Sand gives you a put together, polished and classy look, and it is work appropriate. Samoan Sand and Barefoot in Barcelona are my two favorite OPI shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

This one is a puzzler for me and my NC30-35 skintone. I've swapped for this, then swapped it away. Then I bought it and swapped it away. And then I bought it again.

Different bottles look slightly more yellow-beige, or tan, or pale, or pink, or flesh-toned to me. I suppose it's a mix of all those and depending on my mood that day, I either mildly like it and think it's a "safe" color, or I dislike it and think it clashes with my skin. Clearly I'm still on the fence for this one. Worth a shot (or three).