OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 6/13/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you like the natural look this is a decent nude. Since I am fair this shade looks almost the same as my skin tone but, I think would work much better on someone with warm undertones. Nudes with a bit of pink seems to work best for my particular skin tone. This shade will go with just about anything but, I think compliments earth tones best. I like the color when I first put it on but, it seems to yellow to a smoke stained look after a few days, maybe it is just me....or the fact that the bottle is now a few years old. Polish goes on very smooth, no streaks.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this nude shade. OPI is one of my favorite nail polish companies and this shade is a classic! I love that is shade has no hint of color on my nails at all. It is basically a naked nude on my nails. I have fair skin and this shade barely shows up but it makes my nails look polished. It takes 4 coats of this polish to not look "streaky" on my nails. The formula goes on splotchy on my nails. I had to use 4 coats to get an even, pretty nude shade.

on 5/23/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this colour done at a salon and I was sold. It's a great neutral that I would use when I don't know what to put on but want to paint my nails. It kinda looks like patent nude ballet flats on me (my hands are NC25-30)

It's a colour that's conservative but not boring. I find light pinks and those bridal collections too boring and flat. I think thi is far more sophisticated than pink.

on 5/22/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

On me, this has no hint of pink whatsoever, but that's because my nails have a naturally pink tint to them. This is a great sheer nude that goes with everything. I agree with everybody here on that Samoan Sand goes with every skin tone. I also layer Samoan Sand on top of other colours to tone them down. I've been loving the combination of Barefoot In Barcelona + Samoan Sand on top. Try it out!

on 5/11/2011 10:16:00 PM

Samoan sand was a little bit lighter compared to my skin but the color was still so beautiful. Personally, it looked better on my toes than on my hands but I still loved the color because it was a perfect nude summer color. Samaon Sand has definitely become one of my favourite OPI nail polishes. I tried looking for the best nude color nail polish that would match, and this one has topped my list. It matches all skintones even though it wasn't a pure match. The sand-like color just made it so original it would stand out.

This true beige creme was slightly more opaque than I expected. I'm used to wearing semi-sheer pinks like Essie's Sugar Daddy or Mademoiselle but wanted a non-pink, pale neutral. Gorgeous on tips and, believe it or not, toes; gives a polished look that's sexy with open-toed sandals in the summer. :-)

on 5/8/2011 9:23:00 PM

I have just purchased this, and it is a beautiful beige-pink toned polish.

As with all OPI polishes, it is creamy, no streaks and very professional looking once applied properly.

I did find that this was a touch more translucent than I had anticipated, but definitely the right colour. I simply put 3 coats on (letting each dry properly in between).

Love and will buy again :)

on 5/7/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A very nice creme nude polish with pinky beige undertones that is non-streaky and very easy to apply. It's a little sheer but I think this works in its favour because you can use this polish two ways; worn sheer and as a base for a French manicure or layered for an opaque, nude coverage. One of the nicest nudes I've ever tried! I want to see how Essie's Topless & Barefoot and Sand Tropez compare to this.

on 4/30/2011 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have been looking for a polish just like this one for over a year. From all the swatches I found googling it, I was hesitant & honestly didn't really like it. I am SO SO SO happy I went ahead and got it. You can go from 1 coat to looking super natural (better than just a clear glossy look) to about 4 coats to looking super opaque. That is what I love about this polish. I personally like it at about 2 coats which make it look more natural & beautiful. Would recommend to anyone who wants the perfect nude color that is semi-sheer & can be built up.

on 4/10/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A single layer all over the nails, with the addition of white polish on the tips, gives the perfect French manicure. 3 coats of Samoan Sand and a top coat gives a classy everyday nude nail look which is appropriate for school and work. To play it up, I apply 2-3 coats and paint on various designs (checkers, flowers, etc) because this color is just so versatile. It's not streaky (dries on smooth) and does not chip easily with a top coat. Definitely worth the investment.

Popular Polishes