September 1, 2014 | 2205 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - GPB Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my absolute faves. I used this when I had relaxed hair and I still use it now on my natural 4a/b. I usually use it on the shower maybe once a week. I love the all natural ingredients. It makes my hair super soft, strong, replenished (moisture), and tangle free. The bottle last quite a while also - and I really slather it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by glossnmascaragal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair usually despises protein, so I was very hesitant to try this. I used it after clarifying and was AMAZED when it immediately melted into and softened my hair!!!! I left it in for 10 mins while I finished my shower. Heaven! Soooo soft and moisturized, I couldn't believe it! The absolute BEST protein conditioner I've EVER tried and I'm a huge product junkie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the price. Love that it is all natural good-for-your-hair-and-scalp organic ingredients. Love how it hydrates and balances my hair after use. My best results come when I follow the directions - using it on DRY hair. My favorite way to actually use this conditioner: When I get home from work, slather it through my hair, place in a low ponytail, sleep overnight in it, (yeah it dries a bit into my hair by the time I wake up) then wash it out in the morning. For the brave at heart that find it hard to deep condition with heat, and are comfortable deep conditioning over night, this is a miracle worker. This stays in my rotation of favorite moisture & protein-based deep conditioners.

UPDATE OCT 2009: STILL A STAPLE!! LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by prettyvacant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so impressed with this product - I've never used a conditioner that *melted* into my hair....luxurious, moisturizing, wonderful! I bought this on sale at Whole Foods for .99!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is very moisturizing on my fine, shoulder length, layered hair that's slightly dry from flat ironing. It has a very strong wheat germ/ balsam scent. Does anyone remember how some of those hair products in the 70s & 80s, like Faberge Organics, or Flex, had that balsam scent? It's like that, only this one isn't synthetic, but made from 100% natural ingredients. It's very smooth and silky and has a pearly sheen to it, and I find that I only need a tiny bit. My hair soaks the protein right up. After rinsing my hair well & blow-drying, my hair is shiny, silky, smooth and full of body (as long as I only use a tiny bit!).

This product is cruelty free and natural, but it's not vegan due to the milk protein. It's a very nice, high quality conditioner, but beware that this scent is strong, though I personally really like it. This cost about $13 for 16 ounces at vitacost & has a rating of 2 (low hazard) on skin deep/ cosmeticdatabase.

Ingredients: Coconut fatty acid cream base, organic aloe vera, wheat germ oil, lactalbumin, organic rosemary oil, organic sage oil, horsetail extract, coltsfood extract, nettle extract, amino acid complex (cysteine, methionine), glycoprotein (from oyster shells), balsam oil, aubrey's preservative (citrus seed extract, vitamin A, C and E).

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by SisoftheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products! Use this with the shampoo for amazingly smooth, strong hair. Love it. Love. It!

I've definitely recommended this to many friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by petit_lamant

When my first time use this, i just "what's that hell!" it's looks shinny and creamy, more like nail polishes than conditioner. Even now, when i apply this on my hair, i still look for the word"conditioner" on the bottle to ensure i didn't take the wrong one. But i really love the effect, my hair just so smooth and pump~~

After all, the smell is totally disaster for me. i think i will try another type in this line next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

I love the way this conditioner makes my hair feel, and it's all organic which makes it an even more desirable purchase. It has very thick and creamy texture which caused me to use too much at first, since I have super long hair. But, I've learned that I only need about 2 quarters-sized dollops to cover my hair from midshaft to tip. Despite it being creamy, it actually has a nice slip and leaves my hair soft.

But I cannot stand the cloying smell it has and leaves in my hair for many hours after washing and drying. It actually gives me a headache. I'm so sad. I've finally found a successful product that has good for your hair ingredients and is not harmful to the environment...and it literally stinks for me! People at A.O., please change the frangrance somehow!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by CuddleCore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this product! ... since I've been slowly switching to a more organic lifestyle aka "going green" ... i've been replacing a Lot of my hair and skins products.
This GPB protien conditioner was to replace my aphogee protein treatment. And so far, I love it ten times more than Aphogee, for soo reasons. 1. My hair isn't dead hard and wiry after using this conditioner. 2. So, as well as the protien factor, is Very moisturizing. 3. My hair really has been strengthened and restored. I can comb through my hair with a Lot less breakage. 4. The ingredients are pretty much all natural and really gentle of my hair and skin.
I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smell is somewhat overwhelming. It did nothing to condition my hair and i think it made it drier. Didnt like it at all!