April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - GPB Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by prettyvacant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so impressed with this product - I've never used a conditioner that *melted* into my hair....luxurious, moisturizing, wonderful! I bought this on sale at Whole Foods for .99!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is very moisturizing on my fine, shoulder length, layered hair that's slightly dry from flat ironing. It has a very strong wheat germ/ balsam scent. Does anyone remember how some of those hair products in the 70s & 80s, like Faberge Organics, or Flex, had that balsam scent? It's like that, only this one isn't synthetic, but made from 100% natural ingredients. It's very smooth and silky and has a pearly sheen to it, and I find that I only need a tiny bit. My hair soaks the protein right up. After rinsing my hair well & blow-drying, my hair is shiny, silky, smooth and full of body (as long as I only use a tiny bit!).

This product is cruelty free and natural, but it's not vegan due to the milk protein. It's a very nice, high quality conditioner, but beware that this scent is strong, though I personally really like it. This cost about $13 for 16 ounces at vitacost & has a rating of 2 (low hazard) on skin deep/ cosmeticdatabase.

Ingredients: Coconut fatty acid cream base, organic aloe vera, wheat germ oil, lactalbumin, organic rosemary oil, organic sage oil, horsetail extract, coltsfood extract, nettle extract, amino acid complex (cysteine, methionine), glycoprotein (from oyster shells), balsam oil, aubrey's preservative (citrus seed extract, vitamin A, C and E).

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by SisoftheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products! Use this with the shampoo for amazingly smooth, strong hair. Love it. Love. It!

I've definitely recommended this to many friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by petit_lamant

When my first time use this, i just "what's that hell!" it's looks shinny and creamy, more like nail polishes than conditioner. Even now, when i apply this on my hair, i still look for the word"conditioner" on the bottle to ensure i didn't take the wrong one. But i really love the effect, my hair just so smooth and pump~~

After all, the smell is totally disaster for me. i think i will try another type in this line next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

I love the way this conditioner makes my hair feel, and it's all organic which makes it an even more desirable purchase. It has very thick and creamy texture which caused me to use too much at first, since I have super long hair. But, I've learned that I only need about 2 quarters-sized dollops to cover my hair from midshaft to tip. Despite it being creamy, it actually has a nice slip and leaves my hair soft.

But I cannot stand the cloying smell it has and leaves in my hair for many hours after washing and drying. It actually gives me a headache. I'm so sad. I've finally found a successful product that has good for your hair ingredients and is not harmful to the environment...and it literally stinks for me! People at A.O., please change the frangrance somehow!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by CuddleCore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this product! ... since I've been slowly switching to a more organic lifestyle aka "going green" ... i've been replacing a Lot of my hair and skins products.
This GPB protien conditioner was to replace my aphogee protein treatment. And so far, I love it ten times more than Aphogee, for soo reasons. 1. My hair isn't dead hard and wiry after using this conditioner. 2. So, as well as the protien factor, is Very moisturizing. 3. My hair really has been strengthened and restored. I can comb through my hair with a Lot less breakage. 4. The ingredients are pretty much all natural and really gentle of my hair and skin.
I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smell is somewhat overwhelming. It did nothing to condition my hair and i think it made it drier. Didnt like it at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by bburgess

I tried to use this as an everyday conditioner and it didn't work out for me. Left my hair a little to oily. I would use it every two weeks of so for some deep conditioning, though.

The smell is quite terrible... like men's aftershave (Old Spice-y) or a toilet bowl freshener. My hair is thick and holds on to smells, so that makes this a huge con for the product.

Was way too expensive...wanted more for what I paid.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG treatment conditioner. When I first bought it, I tried to use it everyday, but found it pulled the curl out of my hair, as it was TOO conditioned. I have wavy to curly hair (like a 2c-3a), and each strand is thin but there are a lot of them, with obviously no protein sensitivity, and I use this in place of my regular conditioner (Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose) about once every two weeks, and it keeps my hair bouncy and frizz-free in between uses. I use it when I feel like my hair is getting a bit limp and the curl isn't as bouncy, and it revives the curl right away. Some people complain about the smell, but I LOVE it. It is really herby, but with a sweet musky overtone, and it makes my hair smell wonderful all day. I like the smell better than the Honeysuckle Rose, and wish the two smells reversed so I could have this smell for my daily! Love it, will repurchase it, and the only complaint I have is that the bottle is a squeezy deal that is hard to get the product out of. Other than that, lovely!

EDIT: I have reduced this from my original glowing review to a two-lippie review. Over the course of using this, my hair got flatter and flatter with less and less curl as the days passed. I know that some people have a protein sensitivity, and I now realize that I am one of those people... this is not the product's fault, but rather mine for not realizing that earlier. If you have no protein issues with your hair, this might be great for you!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hate the smell but love the way it makes my hair so soft. softer than the honeysuckle rose conditioner. i use this occassionally when my hair feels super dry and it makes it smooth and silky. it sucks taking aubrey shampoos/conditioners on planes because they spill everywhere :(