Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 9/25/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have combimation skin and my main problem is congestion. and small 'under the skin' bumps.

over the last few weeks my usually clear skin had started to go a bit crazy, i switched to this as i was using benzoyl peroxide at the time and think that tit and a harsh cleanser (neutrogena fresh foaming) was irritating my skin causing the breakouts.

within 2 days my skin was 90% better! i have never had skin that looks as smooth and clear. AMAZINGG. the first few times i used this it kinda felt like it left a coating on my face which worried me..but it works great anyway. love love loveeeeeeeeeeee!!! (i also had a facial not long ago and was told i had beautiful sklin! yaya.

UPDATE:

Think this broke me out/clogged my skin after a few weeks of consistant use =( have now switched to Olay Sensitive Cleanser

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

To preface, I have super oily skin; skin so oily I end up with a film layer on my face that feels like Crisco (gross I know). I also break out regularly so I have an arsenal of skin medications I keep in rotation. one of those is benzoyl peroxide which will burn my face if I'm not careful. Once my face is irritated it will completely dry out and peel to the point I look diseased. When that happens I reach for the cetaphil because its the only cleanser that doesn't further irritate the area and keeps it moisturize.

on 6/13/2011 4:12:00 PM

This is not my favorite facial bar soap. I find this to be drying, and it stings my eyes. I would only use this soap to remove makeup, and, since it stings my eyes, I will only be using it in the shower as a general body soap.

on 6/11/2011 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser. I have been on Retin A for ages now, and used to use the harshest acne-fighting products made for oily skin and everything just went from bad to worse. I wish I had found this product sooner, it would have saved me some real grief.

Pros:
+ It gets rid of redness on my face.

+ It cleanses but doesn't over-dry your skin. I still use moisturiser but my face never feels tight after I wash it with this. It also has never irritated my skin even when I spend a lot of time massaging this on my face - and I have ridiculously sensitive skin.

+ If you invest in a good travel soap dish and store it properly when not using (seriously guys, if the bathroom gets steamy from someone bathing, of course the soap is going to melt - it doesn't matter whether you are using it or not) it lasts for a very long time. I use it twice daily and have had my bar for 6 months now and it's maybe a bit less than halfway gone.

+ Does not irritate/aggravate/infect blemishes or pimples. I use a retinoid, but I swear that this alone also helps blemishes clear up faster and with less scarring.

+ This IS scented, but I haven't had a problem with whatever it is they used (and my skin reacts to everything)

Cons:
-DON'T get this anywhere near your eyes. I cannot get my head around how something so gentle on the skin can be so damaging to the eyes, but I have never ever felt anything so painful in my eyes before (and I've had laser for a detached retina). I thought that getting some super drying Neutrogena gel in my eye was bad, but then I got a tiny drop of soapy Cetaphil water in my left eye and spent the next half hour standing under my shower whimpering in pain. I couldn't open my eye for the next 45 or so minutes. I was shocked at how bad my eye looked (ALL of it was red, it wasn't just irritated veins) and my mother who is an ophthalmologist had me apply lubricating drops every 15 minutes the rest of the night. I went to bed and the next morning my eyelid was swollen. It went down by midday, but honestly don't ever get Cetaphil anywhere near your eyes. Ever.

Wal-Mart sells a pack of 3 bars so I've already repurchased and will continue to do so as long as they never tamper with the formula!

on 5/27/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Horrible product for my skin. The fragrance is so strong. Something in this made my skin and eyes sting. It left a noticeable film on my face, dried me out and clogged my pores. Not gentle at all! Ugh.

on 5/26/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this 4 lippies but wouldn't repurchase because I replaced it with Dove Beauty Bar which works the same for me but costs MUCH less. ;-)

I have(or had) very acne prone, combination skin- oily & dry, waxy in appearance with fine lines all over from acne treatments, uneven skin tone, and scars from old pimples. After wrestling with my skin for the past 10-15 years, I gave up and decided that if I was going to break out and look horrible anyway then at least I could keep it moisturized. I started by alternating the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar with the Cetaphil Liquid Cleanser to clean, then in the a.m. I would use the Cetaphil Lotion(if I needed it) and in the p.m. I would use the Cetaphil Cream.

After a couple of weeks my skin cleared up!!! I only get 1 or 2 pimples at that time of the month but they go away quickly and don't leave scars. My skin tone has evened out beautifully, and the old pimple scars are fading so that I only have like 1 or 2 on each cheek and a couple on my forehead. My skin just looks healthy and even has a glow when I use the cream at night and only wipe with a wet washcloth in the a.m.

My skin is still great and clear using the Dove soap instead of the Cetaphil. I would have stuck with the Cetaphil if the price was lower. But $6 for a bar of soap is ridiculous when it has the same main ingredients as Dove(which I bought in a pack of 8 for $6!).

Will not repurchase, but give it a try! I found that many liquid cleansers seemed to dry out my skin and leave a film on it much worse than this bar, the Dove bar, or the Cetaphil liquid cleanser.

on 5/25/2011 1:11:00 PM

I finally bought this product after years of struggling with acne. It was mostly brought on by stress around my mouth and chin (genetic, from my father actually). I bought this soap less that a week ago and i already see a vast improvement! my acne is clearing up much faster than usual and there are no new spots appearing yet! i love that it can be used over the entire body, that is very handy for when you are in a rush and dont have time to use a bunch of different products. i dont remember what the price was... it was under $10 though i think, which is awesome for someone who has been buying those $20 medicated acne products (which dont work)
All in all, this has to be the absolute best product i have ever bought. It saved my skin!

on 5/24/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been using this for 2 years, morning and night. My Derm recommended it when I started using Accutane. In any case, it stuck with me, and it is so inexpensive, the bar lasts forever. You have to be sure to use a good moisturizer with it, or it could be drying. I feel like I still use a bar soap on my face, I am going back to basics or something. It appears as though a lot of other people still rely on this as well for cleansing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

During a financial crisis I switched from the liquid/pump Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser to this bar because it was dramatically less expensive. For an economical way to wash my face, it was a good investment! The bar lasted me about five months, which is more than twice what a large bottle of the liquid facial cleanser lasts. Its cleansing power seemed about equal to the more expensive liquid cleanser, but it dried my skin just a bit more. Not a big deal -- I just used extra moisturizer. But beware, you may find the bar slightly irritating if you have ultra-sensitive skin!

on 3/31/2011 1:05:00 AM

This is a great soap for sensitive, oily or dry skin. I just started using this soap over the winter since my skin was becoming extremely dry. Within a day of using it, my skin was the softest it's ever been and had a great glow. I also have an oily T-zone and it did not cause my skin to become oily like other cleansers I've used in the past. I've always used either a cleanser (Oil of Olay), which would leave my face greasy sometimes, or whatever body soap I had in the shower, which I don't recommend doing.This soap is on the expensive side, but it actually lasts a long time. I guess because I only use it on my face. I def. recommend this line to those with sensitive skin.