April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really confused me! I wish I'd read the reviews here first. I bought this since it's been so dry lately and I needed a really moisturizing cleanser. Product isn't moisturizing, nor is it really a cleanser. This is a scrub. Now, I am glad I stumbled on it in a roundabout way, because I like using it as a scrub; it just wasn't at all the kind of product I thought it would be (or as Nivea's packaging suggests it is). Once the weather and my skin get a little less dry, I'll start using this in the shower in the morning. It definitely does not seem like the kind of thing that would remove makeup at night. It's a nice exfoliant, though -- lots and lots of teensy-tiny, gentle scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't know why this product has been getting bad reviews. It is probably the best cleanser I have ever used; expensive or cheap. Exfoliator without over drying. Smells good and feels good. Great for combo skin too.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2004 2:20:00 PM More reviews by coliveira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a "dry skin" cleanser, it sure left my combo sensitive skin super dry. I was looking for a dry skin cleanser because my skin (below the brows) gets dry during the winter and I used this once and once was enough to let me know me that it was no good for me.
Why does it have the microbeads, which would be and was abrasive for "dry skin"? It also has a heavy scent ( fragrance is an ingredient) which I found overbearing for a skin cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2004 2:43:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This product is definately not for those with combo skin. In the winter my skin tends to be combo/dry so I bought this to alleviate the dryness of my cheeks and between my brows. First of all, this really stung like you know what. The little scratchy things are too much for those of us with sensitive skin, and I would imagine for people with very dry skin (like the people this product is made for) too . As another reviewer stated, this takes off squat. I used my usual toner afterwards, and it was covered in makeup/grunge! Eww! And the only makeup I had on was tinted mouisterizer! This made my oily parts very oily (which I cant really blame on the product as it is for DRY skin) but it also didn't help to moisturize my dry parts! I don't see this working for anybody, except maybe people with very dry skin who don't wear makeup, or who use this in the a.m. and use another cleanser at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by webmiztris

Glad I got a sample of this. First I really liked it - the microbead exfoliators were nice and left my skin feeling soft and smooth. After a few uses though, I immediately cleaned my face with astringent afterwards and the cotton ball was FILTHY. Meaning this cleaner doesn't do squat in the makeup removal department. It was like I hadn't washed my face at all! So beware, if you use this, be sure to use astringent/toner afterwards or you'll probably break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2004 9:40:00 PM More reviews by JnePearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using the wonderful moisturizing toner from nivea, i thought, why not try the cleanser?..i read the ingredients, and there was chamomile and aloe in it, so i thought probably just as nice and good as the toner. I was wrong. when i bought it, i didnt notice there were exfoliaters in there. I tend not to buy any cleansers with that in it, it always irritates my skin, and feels scratchy. Anyways, i took it back to target.....im sticking with my cetaphil. nice and gentle. I bought nive just on a splurge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 1:39:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this, and I am glad that I did not buy the full size. It sounds like a great cleanser, but I did not find this moisturizing enough. It left me with dryness and a bit of irritation. I think this would be good for those with normal complexions who are not sensitive to scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2004 1:43:00 AM More reviews by myfuel

I have combo/oily skin that tends to get drier in the winter, and this cleanser is perfect. It doesn't dry out my skin and the scrubbing beads do a great job of exfoliating. It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and not greasy/oily. Nor does it give me any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mistyd5770

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has been very odd lately so I have been on a all out search for some good products. I have to say I really like this cleanser. I like the cleansing/scrub combo. It wasn't too harsh and made my skin feel so soft. Did not make my skin feel tight either so that as another plus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is for poeple with dry skin. If you don't have dry skin don't waste your money on this. I have been plagued with dry skin all my life, and this product is pretty much the only one that hasn't left me feeling tight. It is nice and moisturizing, but it exfoliates at the same time because it pretty much feels like sand paper against your skin with these little rubbing things in it. If you use it do not rub hard! I think it's a nice creamy product, really worth trying. Over the years I have rarely been disappointed by Nivea products.