October 1, 2014 | 1164 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by sencha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have repurchased this many times over. Saved my skin when it was going through a "change" & nothing seemed to be working for me. My skin responds well to the micro-scrubs for exfoliating. This is a great alternative to chemical exfoliation, and my friend who is a combo-skin gal loves this as well. *Edit* This pulls double-duty as a pre-shave prep scrub - works like a charm for a nice close shave!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2005 10:55:00 AM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am trying to replace my Avon Keep it clean cleanser after realizing it doesn't remove even close to all my foundation no matter how much I use or how much I massage it into my face. I was hoping this Nivea cleanser would do better, but it does not. Nivea's one of the few skincare brands drugstore brands which does not test on animals which is why Nivea appealed to me. I love the micro beads as my skin is super smooth after using. Makes my skin feel moisturized as well. I have a normal skin type. Skin does not feel tight at all after use. The issue is that the micro ex-foliating beads paired w/ a cream consistency seems to repel against one another and the micro beads seem to soak up the cream cleanser. After a few massages into the face suddenly the cream is all gone and all I have left is the micro-beads. The cleanser needs to be a more creamy gel consistency similar to Avon's Keep It Clean as then it would not disappear so quickly into the beads. This cleans my face no better then Keep it clean as I use my toner afterwords on a cotton pad and there's still plenty of makeup on my face. If Nivea makes another cleaner I'll try it as I'd love to not have to resort to purchasing on-line again like I've been doing w/ Avon. It's just so difficult to find drug store brands that do not test on animals & it's just not cost worthy to pay more then $10 max for a cleanser at a department store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 6:25:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

this is an ok product- i like to use it as my basic cleanser along wth oil of olay total facial wipes but i have found that my skin has become congested around the chin esp and a little oily around the t zone with the warmer weather and this cleanser just doesnt cut it...am planning on adding md glycolic cleanser to my arsenal...
overall an average product, good price, good packaging and a basic staple. EDIT: found my skin was gettin irritated in the mornings when i used this so i switched to PC for n/o skin and my skin is 100% nicer. This is not GENTLE as it claims nor does it fully clean your face! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by HKWhitney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after having problems with Aveeno cleansing pads. I never have problems with dry skin or oily skin, just normal and sensitive. I was starting to break out after using Aveeno and was having bad dry skin after using that product. I found this in my local grocery store and after trying it will never give it up. It is very gentle and exfoliates without drying skin. I have softer skin than I have ever had and highly recommend this product to anyone with sensitive normal to dry skin. Pair with their moisturizing toner and simply glowing and you will be happy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really confused me! I wish I'd read the reviews here first. I bought this since it's been so dry lately and I needed a really moisturizing cleanser. Product isn't moisturizing, nor is it really a cleanser. This is a scrub. Now, I am glad I stumbled on it in a roundabout way, because I like using it as a scrub; it just wasn't at all the kind of product I thought it would be (or as Nivea's packaging suggests it is). Once the weather and my skin get a little less dry, I'll start using this in the shower in the morning. It definitely does not seem like the kind of thing that would remove makeup at night. It's a nice exfoliant, though -- lots and lots of teensy-tiny, gentle scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't know why this product has been getting bad reviews. It is probably the best cleanser I have ever used; expensive or cheap. Exfoliator without over drying. Smells good and feels good. Great for combo skin too.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2004 2:20:00 PM More reviews by coliveira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a "dry skin" cleanser, it sure left my combo sensitive skin super dry. I was looking for a dry skin cleanser because my skin (below the brows) gets dry during the winter and I used this once and once was enough to let me know me that it was no good for me.
Why does it have the microbeads, which would be and was abrasive for "dry skin"? It also has a heavy scent ( fragrance is an ingredient) which I found overbearing for a skin cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2004 2:43:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This product is definately not for those with combo skin. In the winter my skin tends to be combo/dry so I bought this to alleviate the dryness of my cheeks and between my brows. First of all, this really stung like you know what. The little scratchy things are too much for those of us with sensitive skin, and I would imagine for people with very dry skin (like the people this product is made for) too . As another reviewer stated, this takes off squat. I used my usual toner afterwards, and it was covered in makeup/grunge! Eww! And the only makeup I had on was tinted mouisterizer! This made my oily parts very oily (which I cant really blame on the product as it is for DRY skin) but it also didn't help to moisturize my dry parts! I don't see this working for anybody, except maybe people with very dry skin who don't wear makeup, or who use this in the a.m. and use another cleanser at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by webmiztris

Glad I got a sample of this. First I really liked it - the microbead exfoliators were nice and left my skin feeling soft and smooth. After a few uses though, I immediately cleaned my face with astringent afterwards and the cotton ball was FILTHY. Meaning this cleaner doesn't do squat in the makeup removal department. It was like I hadn't washed my face at all! So beware, if you use this, be sure to use astringent/toner afterwards or you'll probably break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2004 9:40:00 PM More reviews by JnePearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using the wonderful moisturizing toner from nivea, i thought, why not try the cleanser?..i read the ingredients, and there was chamomile and aloe in it, so i thought probably just as nice and good as the toner. I was wrong. when i bought it, i didnt notice there were exfoliaters in there. I tend not to buy any cleansers with that in it, it always irritates my skin, and feels scratchy. Anyways, i took it back to target.....im sticking with my cetaphil. nice and gentle. I bought nive just on a splurge.