Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream

3.6

on 5/11/2005 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really love this stuff! I don't know how this works, but somehow it manages to exfoliate without destroying my skin. I use it every day. I have bizarre combo skin which is very sensitive, so it's really kind of a miracle find for me - my skin has never been this smooth and glowing! Really a lovely product, especially for the price!

on 3/22/2005 10:49:00 PM

This is suppose to be made for dry skin, but it made my dry skin turn into dry patches when I didn't have large amounts of dry patches to begin with. I've used it for a month now, and the texture is nice to exfoliate but this is not made for everyday wash. Thanks to this horrid product, my face peels and turning into a rough surface! I even have fine lines and creases now too! I NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE THIS. The only reason I bought this was because Target said they ran out of Dove and had a discount on this b/c of that. It's a huge amount for what you pay for, but not for what it turned my skin into. It's going to take another month of care and GENTLE exfoliating to turn it back into soft skin.

on 3/11/2005 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Have repurchased this many times over. Saved my skin when it was going through a "change" & nothing seemed to be working for me. My skin responds well to the micro-scrubs for exfoliating. This is a great alternative to chemical exfoliation, and my friend who is a combo-skin gal loves this as well. *Edit* This pulls double-duty as a pre-shave prep scrub - works like a charm for a nice close shave!

on 2/2/2005 10:55:00 AM

I am trying to replace my Avon Keep it clean cleanser after realizing it doesn't remove even close to all my foundation no matter how much I use or how much I massage it into my face. I was hoping this Nivea cleanser would do better, but it does not. Nivea's one of the few skincare brands drugstore brands which does not test on animals which is why Nivea appealed to me. I love the micro beads as my skin is super smooth after using. Makes my skin feel moisturized as well. I have a normal skin type. Skin does not feel tight at all after use. The issue is that the micro ex-foliating beads paired w/ a cream consistency seems to repel against one another and the micro beads seem to soak up the cream cleanser. After a few massages into the face suddenly the cream is all gone and all I have left is the micro-beads. The cleanser needs to be a more creamy gel consistency similar to Avon's Keep It Clean as then it would not disappear so quickly into the beads. This cleans my face no better then Keep it clean as I use my toner afterwords on a cotton pad and there's still plenty of makeup on my face. If Nivea makes another cleaner I'll try it as I'd love to not have to resort to purchasing on-line again like I've been doing w/ Avon. It's just so difficult to find drug store brands that do not test on animals & it's just not cost worthy to pay more then $10 max for a cleanser at a department store.

on 1/22/2005 6:25:00 AM

this is an ok product- i like to use it as my basic cleanser along wth oil of olay total facial wipes but i have found that my skin has become congested around the chin esp and a little oily around the t zone with the warmer weather and this cleanser just doesnt cut it...am planning on adding md glycolic cleanser to my arsenal...
overall an average product, good price, good packaging and a basic staple. EDIT: found my skin was gettin irritated in the mornings when i used this so i switched to PC for n/o skin and my skin is 100% nicer. This is not GENTLE as it claims nor does it fully clean your face! :(

on 1/21/2005 1:08:00 PM

I bought this after having problems with Aveeno cleansing pads. I never have problems with dry skin or oily skin, just normal and sensitive. I was starting to break out after using Aveeno and was having bad dry skin after using that product. I found this in my local grocery store and after trying it will never give it up. It is very gentle and exfoliates without drying skin. I have softer skin than I have ever had and highly recommend this product to anyone with sensitive normal to dry skin. Pair with their moisturizing toner and simply glowing and you will be happy.

on 1/18/2005 5:33:00 PM

Really confused me! I wish I'd read the reviews here first. I bought this since it's been so dry lately and I needed a really moisturizing cleanser. Product isn't moisturizing, nor is it really a cleanser. This is a scrub. Now, I am glad I stumbled on it in a roundabout way, because I like using it as a scrub; it just wasn't at all the kind of product I thought it would be (or as Nivea's packaging suggests it is). Once the weather and my skin get a little less dry, I'll start using this in the shower in the morning. It definitely does not seem like the kind of thing that would remove makeup at night. It's a nice exfoliant, though -- lots and lots of teensy-tiny, gentle scrubs.

on 12/23/2004 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Don't know why this product has been getting bad reviews. It is probably the best cleanser I have ever used; expensive or cheap. Exfoliator without over drying. Smells good and feels good. Great for combo skin too.

on 12/20/2004 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For a "dry skin" cleanser, it sure left my combo sensitive skin super dry. I was looking for a dry skin cleanser because my skin (below the brows) gets dry during the winter and I used this once and once was enough to let me know me that it was no good for me.
Why does it have the microbeads, which would be and was abrasive for "dry skin"? It also has a heavy scent ( fragrance is an ingredient) which I found overbearing for a skin cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is definately not for those with combo skin. In the winter my skin tends to be combo/dry so I bought this to alleviate the dryness of my cheeks and between my brows. First of all, this really stung like you know what. The little scratchy things are too much for those of us with sensitive skin, and I would imagine for people with very dry skin (like the people this product is made for) too . As another reviewer stated, this takes off squat. I used my usual toner afterwards, and it was covered in makeup/grunge! Eww! And the only makeup I had on was tinted mouisterizer! This made my oily parts very oily (which I cant really blame on the product as it is for DRY skin) but it also didn't help to moisturize my dry parts! I don't see this working for anybody, except maybe people with very dry skin who don't wear makeup, or who use this in the a.m. and use another cleanser at night.