July 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Fortifying Deep Conditioner 3 Minute Masque

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fairly decent deep conditioner. When used once or twice a week, my hair was never dry even after all the heat styling I do. I gave it a three for several reasons. First of all, I love fruity scents, but the Garnier products all smell horrible to me. Secondly, I hate the tub style packaging. It's not easy to work with when you have wet hands. Lastly, even though my hair was conditioned, it never wowed me. My hair was never super shiny or felt stronger like it does with other deep conditioners. Also, I had to leave in close to ten minutes to really help my hair. I'd buy again on sale or if my favorite conditioner (Aussie's Deeeep Three Minute Miracle) is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by jacquiesaur

Makes my hair amazingly soft & smooth. DIRT CHEAP! I got this at CVS for only 99cents. My hair shines like craazy with this. Although I don't find it as different as my garnier fructis moisture works shampoo. Doesnt quench my hair with moisture much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kristenleigh3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EXCELLENT product for heat styled and/or color treated hair. I have thin, fine, highlighted hair and this mask works perfectly for me. For the price, it has far surpassed my expectations. I love that you only have to leave it on for 3 minutes too, a huge plus if your busy/constantly in a hurry like me. It smells amazing too! I have been using it for years and will continue to repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Lindyboo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Had my hopes up. This has a lot of good reviews. Evidently my hair has more damage than this conditioner can fix. It was like I used no conditioner at all. Still dry, super frizzy, ends sticking out and un-shiny.

It's so sad I have wasted so much $ looking for a decent conditioner. If I could just find the one HG product that would moisturize, sleeken, protect my color, soften, detangle and shine without matting my hair with greasy, can't-get-fingers-through my hair, I would be so happy and end up saving $ because I would only buy what works not all these other things that have not worked! This is one of two beauty issues I've been working on solving ever since I started coloring my hair 1 1/2 years ago =(

I know such product/s exist because I see women all the time who are higher maintenance than I, and I know they color, thermally style, and do more serious damage than I do and their hair is gorgeous - silky, shiny, soft, sleek. Perfect. Some of these women, I have complimented and asked what they use. I've used what they said (some women forget or say, "oh whatever is on sale, never the same thing twice", etc. So, the search continues!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I bought three containers of this because of the MUA reviews...it is just okay for me and I would not repurchase...I honestly don't even want to finish what I have and don't even use it but may end up if I ran out of all my other conditioners...this is not moisturizing for my waist length, dry and frizzy hair....I like the pantene mask or Loreals nature therapy mask better than this...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this one on and off for about a year, switching back and forth between the Neutrogena one and this. It does an overall pretty good job. I think they are pretty equal in terms of how good they work, however the Neutrogena one is a little more...greasier? Plus for the same price, you get more product from Garnier. But back to the product, it does a good juob or softening my thick, dark, hair. It smells rather fruity and it's consistency is good for a hair masque. I definitely will most likely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by NinjaKiwi

Again, buy it again? yes. No. Maybe?
It did leave my hair extremely soft & manageable (used with the others from the sleek and shine line) BUT after about 9-10 hours later (basically the end of the day..) My hair was extremely greasy.
Luckily I only used it once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by iamnotdead83

I used the color shield version of this masque, and I think I found my HG product for defending against winter dryness! Winters in the northeast get very dry, and it can wreck havoc on your hair. Between the heat syling I do to my thick, naturally wavy hair (love the pin straight look), regular coloring (about every 3 months), and dry air both indoors and outdoors, my hair can start feeling a little straw like. I do cut my hair about every 2-3 months, but I like a little extra defense against coloring/heat styling damage. All you do is put it in, roots to tips, in your hair after you shampoo, let it sit for 3 min, comb it through, then rinse, and hair already feels better. I notice that even in the driest of days, my hair is silky soft and shiny. I do find that garnier fructis shampoos are ok (sometimes they work for me, sometimes they don't), and I think its because they leave build up after a while. So instead of using it with fructis shampoos, I've been using it with herbal essences color me happy shampoo, which I also love (cleans hair well, and smells awesome). I've been using this combo for 2 weeks, and have been having many good hair days. The only thing I didn't care about was the packaging. Twisting off large caps in the shower is a hassle. I think deep conditioners are always packaged that way to make them easy to tell apart from regular conditioner. If your hair is starting to feel a little dried out, definitly give this a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this helped combing my hair alot easier but my hair didn't feel moisturized or any different from using any other regular conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by laurentoohott0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap and oh ya did I mention cheap. It made hair nice and soft and didnt dent my wallet. Ive used all of the expensive ones and they work a little better, but for the price and what you are saving at least give it a shot.