April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Bronzers - Cargo - Cargo Bronzer in Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 More reviews by nattyngeorge

I was at Sephora looking for a bronzer and I asked a sales associate for her opinion. I asked, which bronzer do you think is better? I showed her NARS "Laguna" and Benefit "Hoola" and she redirected me to Cargo bronzers. She put a swatch of all three colors on her hand, and this bronzer in medium stood out so much more than the other two. It's golden (not or orange or muddy looking) with a hint of shimmer. I've been using it for weeks all over my face, and it makes my skin look so radiant and my makeup looks so much better every day with this. It looks very shimmery, but once its on your face it doesn't look as much so. It looks more like a healthy sun-kissed glow. It isn't a very dramatic bronzer, it's a little more natural. I'm an NC40 and it looks great on me, and it looks great on my mom as well, who is an NC25. Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so gorgeous, a very natural sun kissed look. I've tried a lot of bronzers from Sugar, to Estee Lauder and Too Faced. But this is the most straight forward, and most believable bronzed look. The color also doesn't look icky or greasy after a few hours.

Great buy and the container is quite sturdy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best bronzer ive ever come across. The color is close toperfecct, it not dirty or fake looking at all. Ive had a hard time finding a bronzer thast doesnt clash with my skin (asian medium with yellow undertones - NC37-40) but this looks so natural yet it give me a light beautiful bronze glow. I think i may try this in dark however, particularly during the summer months,i need a color with a bit more 'ommph'.
I dont really care for the tin packaging, but otherwise a wonderful product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

I received a huge card sample of this from sephora in medium. I donot like this for my skin tone it is very gold in color and makes me look dirty and tooo shimmery not in a good way. I will definitely not purchase this .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by aditswimbug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As I was finishing up a recent Sephora order, I threw this in my cart as one of my samples, thinking "What the heck, I might use it sometime."
Well, I recieved my package today, and Cargo's Bronzer in Medium on the doochy little cardboard just might be my favorite item! I carelessly swiped some under my cheekbones with a powder brush and Wow! my cheekbones were suddenly sculpted and my face slimmed before my eyes! Not to mention the color blended just a tad bit darker than my medium skin with yellow undertones, and contained just enough subtle shimmer to add dimesion to my face. I brushed some onto my forehead, nose, and chin, and was pleased with the results. Staying power did not seem to be great, though I did not apply a finishing powder afterwards, which might help. I'll be using up my little sample and getting over to Sephora to buy the full size soon, although I haven't yet decided whether I'll get the bronzing kit or simply the bronzer. Either way, I'm walking out with this TERRIFIC product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this today from Sephora, and Im not quite sure how I feel about it. It is, to me, a peachy/golden brown, VERY glittery, but for some reason, I cant see the glitter when I have it on my face, but when I just swipe my finger in it, it looks like brown glitter dust. It gives me a bit of color, but it kinda looks peachy on me, not orange, just peachy. (For reference I am Stila 30 Watts). I also thought it didnt give me the bronze color I was looking for, it actually makes me look slightly sunburned. Now, 1 of 3 things could be wrong here:
1. Im applying incorrectly
2. The brush Im using is wack
3. The color of this bronzer
It doesnt look that bad, just hella peachy as opposed to bronzy, but, for some reason, it looks natural.Im debating if I should take it back and try the Nars Laguna (I'm so indecisive).
All in all, I think it is a good bronzer (despite the $25 price tag!) but it doesnt wow me. I think this would be perfect for someone seeking a subtle bit of color. Some ladies like the peachy look, unfortunately, I dont, and even though I said I'd repurchase, it's more like a maybe.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jenlee36

very durable packaging, great for contouring, love it. only gripe is that it's kind of pricy but otherwise it's my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by swirly930

I have naturally medium-tan skin so this is perfect for a nice subtle glow. I like to apply a little to the apples or contours of my cheeks and its looks great. The problem is not to overdo it or else you'll look like you've been baking in the sun. Probably the first bronzer that hasnt made me look like an orangey mess

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by counteryelp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was worried because in the tin it appears to be the same color as my skin. But it gives a slightly deeper color to the hollows of my cheek, which is exactly what I want. The bronzer blends nicely to the powder blushes I use, too.

I only recently thought of using a bronzer, since I'm already a brown person. But as a contour color this is very subtle for a NC43. It also builds a a little.. It's good for daytime use for someone of my coloring. I don't think anyone darker could use it.

I don't notice any shimmer (as mentioned in the other reviews)

I bought it in the set and with the FF discount, so the price was excellent since it came with a bronzer brush. There is a great deal of product in the tin, but it is the same kind of tin as a Cargo blush, so it's hard to distinguish the two products from each other on your makeup table.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by adelya20

I really think I found my fav bronzer. I have used sooooo many before. The last one I was using was by Tarte and I wasnt too thrilled with it. It looked way too fake. This is the opposite. It does have sparkes but not too many for me. I bought this along with a few other cargo products, and have reviewed them which you girls should read because they are great products.