Chanel Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 4/23/2011 1:27:00 AM

Absolutely love this stuff. This is what an actual tan looks like---not that dirt brown that everyone wears that looks like poop. Eww. I tried like every bronzer in Sephora (b/c of the price) before I decided on Chanel. How stupid---I should have known after everything else broke me out that Chanel's high quality never falters.

I love everything about this bronzer---the color, the texture, the lack of shine/shimmer, the mattifying finish, the staying power, you name it! It is so beautiful. I apply this with my MAC 130 brush and it blends wonderfully. Definitely best bronzer on the market---I didn't believe that until I actually tried it.

My thoughts on the "orangey" color that everyone complains about: I think that if you're too light-skinned, stray far away from this b/c it will look very unnatural. However, if you have a wee bit brown in your skin, this bronzer just makes you look amazingly sunkissed. You can control how tan you want to look with this, which is what I really like about it.

I also want to comment on the amount----because it is so pigmented, I feel the $50 is actually worth it since it looks like it would take more than a year to go through all of it. I hope Chanel never discontinues this product otherwise I will go insane!

**EDIT** Broke me out. Since I've stopped wearing it, my skin's gotten wayyyy better. If you're acne-prone with sensitive skin, better to stay away from this. I took off one lippie because other than the breaking out, it's the most amazing bronzer I've ever owned. If your skin can tolerate this, I'd never let it go!!!

on 4/1/2011 3:45:00 AM

I bought this with high expectations....as with anything I buy but because it's Chanel and it's expensive I expect...well.....everything. Now the texture is great, packageing great, concept great but.....on me it just isn't amazing. I think it is a great idea though. I do use it daily but for things like my ears, neck and chest. I use a kabuki brush with this so I can blend large areas quickly. I use the same brush to blend my Two Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and cheek blush and it adds a creamy density to these products and I like that. I will miss it when it's gone but will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had stopped wearing any sort of foundation a few years ago as it just seemed too fake too heavy. Recently during a recent visit to Sephora I decided to check out the Chanel stand, I stumbled upon one of the better make up artist that I've seen recently and she suggested this product to me. It's light, it gives just the right amount of coverage and fits my skin color perfectly. I now use this AS my foundation coupled with the Chanel - Soleil Tan Fluide(Sheer Illuminating Fluid)"Sunkissed" the result is that glowing perfect skin that you see on magazines.

on 3/18/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this and within a week had it on my swap list. I just could not make it look good. I'm all about cream products, but this did not work for me at all. I love the concept, the color in the container and the super creamy moussy texture. On me it looked muddy and orange. I did not take away any tokens for my bad application though. I think if I had given it more time and found a better brush I def could have loved this bronzer. Maybe I'll repurchase someday :/

on 3/18/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a fantastic product. I was very hesitant to try this at first because I didn't think i would be able to use it properly and effectively. BUT on the contrary this is a so easy to use. Not to mention there's no orangey tint nor any streaks. The result is a more of a glow from within. I simply dab a little on my finger and blend and blend and blend. You only need a tiny bit of product otherwise it will look like you're dirty. I use it mianly on my temples and higher plains of my cheeks and tip of the nose to give me that sunkissed look. Its perfect! Very very very easy to use and quick to apply. The jar will last me forever so its well worth the $50 Cdn (before taxes). Love this bronzer! Did i mention that the bronzer looks soooo delicious in the jar (of course, not to be eaten).

on 3/14/2011 11:52:00 PM

I love this bronzer! I was very reluctant at first to buy this because of the price but the sales lady said it would last a long time so I went for it. I love it even though I like using my hoola bronzer I tend to get blotchy around my cheekbones when contouring after around six hours even when I use my primer. This product can be layered on as much as you want and is transfer & water resistant. Expensive but worth it!

on 3/14/2011 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

After years of using high end powder bronzers I decided to give this a try. I am so pleased that I did. It blows the other bronzers I have used right out of the water.
This bronzer is fantastic. I love it. Gives a nice natural but heathly glow to the skin. You can build the colour up and a little goes along way.

on 3/3/2011 6:27:00 PM

I love this bronzer. It looks natural on my skin and has never broken me out.

on 2/27/2011 5:06:00 PM

This bronzer is absolutely the most glowy natural bronzer i have ever used. It looks absolutely lovely. And when applied with a brush, a little goes a very long way. At first i was hesitant to buy this because of the price but, i'm absolutely glad i purchased it, i've been using it for the past few months and it seems like a barely used any at all. If used properly, it can give you a beautiful illuminating sunkissed look. Absolute favorite bronzer.

on 2/13/2011 1:28:00 AM

I love this bronzer but I left it when I was gone on vacation! :( Now I'm freaking out because I literally cannot find this anywhere! What's the deal, does anyone know? Please do not tell me this has been discontinued!

Video Reviews & Tutorials