March 2, 2015 | 1083 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by juillet4paris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had stopped wearing any sort of foundation a few years ago as it just seemed too fake too heavy. Recently during a recent visit to Sephora I decided to check out the Chanel stand, I stumbled upon one of the better make up artist that I've seen recently and she suggested this product to me. It's light, it gives just the right amount of coverage and fits my skin color perfectly. I now use this AS my foundation coupled with the Chanel - Soleil Tan Fluide(Sheer Illuminating Fluid)"Sunkissed" the result is that glowing perfect skin that you see on magazines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I bought this and within a week had it on my swap list. I just could not make it look good. I'm all about cream products, but this did not work for me at all. I love the concept, the color in the container and the super creamy moussy texture. On me it looked muddy and orange. I did not take away any tokens for my bad application though. I think if I had given it more time and found a better brush I def could have loved this bronzer. Maybe I'll repurchase someday :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a fantastic product. I was very hesitant to try this at first because I didn't think i would be able to use it properly and effectively. BUT on the contrary this is a so easy to use. Not to mention there's no orangey tint nor any streaks. The result is a more of a glow from within. I simply dab a little on my finger and blend and blend and blend. You only need a tiny bit of product otherwise it will look like you're dirty. I use it mianly on my temples and higher plains of my cheeks and tip of the nose to give me that sunkissed look. Its perfect! Very very very easy to use and quick to apply. The jar will last me forever so its well worth the $50 Cdn (before taxes). Love this bronzer! Did i mention that the bronzer looks soooo delicious in the jar (of course, not to be eaten).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Evanthia

I love this bronzer! I was very reluctant at first to buy this because of the price but the sales lady said it would last a long time so I went for it. I love it even though I like using my hoola bronzer I tend to get blotchy around my cheekbones when contouring after around six hours even when I use my primer. This product can be layered on as much as you want and is transfer & water resistant. Expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by MissDior5011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After years of using high end powder bronzers I decided to give this a try. I am so pleased that I did. It blows the other bronzers I have used right out of the water.
This bronzer is fantastic. I love it. Gives a nice natural but heathly glow to the skin. You can build the colour up and a little goes along way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ninac

I love this bronzer. It looks natural on my skin and has never broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by oliveejuice

This bronzer is absolutely the most glowy natural bronzer i have ever used. It looks absolutely lovely. And when applied with a brush, a little goes a very long way. At first i was hesitant to buy this because of the price but, i'm absolutely glad i purchased it, i've been using it for the past few months and it seems like a barely used any at all. If used properly, it can give you a beautiful illuminating sunkissed look. Absolute favorite bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Love11Ca

I love this bronzer but I left it when I was gone on vacation! :( Now I'm freaking out because I literally cannot find this anywhere! What's the deal, does anyone know? Please do not tell me this has been discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

I love this bronzer. you have to use it lightly and build it if needed. not orange like most bronzers.the packaging is not the best, its too big and bulky.you can't carry it with you but other than than i love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after hearing so many raves on it. Sadly, it just did not work for me. When I asked the sales associate at the counter if she recommended it for my skintone, she said that it would give me a very pretty glow. She was wrong! I am about an NC40-42 in MAC right now and it barely showed up on me. I found that I would have to build up a lot of the product to produce even the slightest glow on my face. For such an expensive bronzer, I did not like the fact that I was using twice the amount of product with every use, so I returned it :( I feel that this bronzer would look exceptional on someone who isn't darker than an NC30-35, however, I will have to stick with my Nars' Casino bronzer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No