April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by oliveejuice

This bronzer is absolutely the most glowy natural bronzer i have ever used. It looks absolutely lovely. And when applied with a brush, a little goes a very long way. At first i was hesitant to buy this because of the price but, i'm absolutely glad i purchased it, i've been using it for the past few months and it seems like a barely used any at all. If used properly, it can give you a beautiful illuminating sunkissed look. Absolute favorite bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Love11Ca

I love this bronzer but I left it when I was gone on vacation! :( Now I'm freaking out because I literally cannot find this anywhere! What's the deal, does anyone know? Please do not tell me this has been discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

I love this bronzer. you have to use it lightly and build it if needed. not orange like most bronzers.the packaging is not the best, its too big and bulky.you can't carry it with you but other than than i love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product after hearing so many raves on it. Sadly, it just did not work for me. When I asked the sales associate at the counter if she recommended it for my skintone, she said that it would give me a very pretty glow. She was wrong! I am about an NC40-42 in MAC right now and it barely showed up on me. I found that I would have to build up a lot of the product to produce even the slightest glow on my face. For such an expensive bronzer, I did not like the fact that I was using twice the amount of product with every use, so I returned it :( I feel that this bronzer would look exceptional on someone who isn't darker than an NC30-35, however, I will have to stick with my Nars' Casino bronzer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Maripabli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting to try this bronzer for a really long time. I wanted to switch from using a powder bronzer ( I use Hoola by benefit) to a cream formula. The way it looks on me is really natural and it gives a really nice bronzed, healthy look. However, I am going to return this because it has severely broken me out. I have not had an episode like this in years! :( I think it is probably because this product has a strong fragrance (from what I have read it is the typical Chanel smell). As I said, I have dry skin which is also very sensitive. I bought this product three days ago, used it the first day and the second day. The areas of my face where I applied this product have red dry patches that sting and hurt :(. So, obviously I am returning this. If any of you out there have a similar face type like me, beware of this product!! As much as I wanted to love this, I cannot recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a little over a month so I could get a fair evaluation on it. I really wanted a cream bronzer, as my skin seems to prefer creams, and sometimes break's out to powders. The first day the lady at Chanel put it on me it pulled Orange, and I could not see much of it. Then as I started to put it on myself I was able to get a more natural application but it was so sheer, and light that I wasnt sure it was making a difference. I bought the Sephora Mineral Brush #45(26 dollars) to apply this as it is dense, and buffs. It helped me see a difference in the application, but I found the product alone on my nc 25 skin doesnt make a huge difference.
It feels luxurious, because it is Chanel, and the tub is beautiful to display on the countertop but I found its best use is truly as the box reads..a makeup base. Underneath your regular bronzer this makes them show up more and you get an even more bronzed appearance.
However I feel 48 dollars is too much for this addition, and you could use a self tanner, or even the Bonne Bell Gel tan for 3 dollars for a similar effect.
I really wanted to love this, as it is one of the my first higher end makeup products, as I have recently strayed from MAC but I think I will keep using it to see if I feel anymore difference.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by katloummm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product.

I got it from Debenhams for around 30. It comes in like a mousse form which is new to me as I'm used to using powders like NARS Laguna. When I first started using it, it was coming out a little too dark for my liking, but I soon got the hang of using it properly.

I love to use the MAC 168 and just swirl it around in the jar really softly. Then I dab a bit on my hand to get rid of any excess and then pop it on my cheeks using a swirling motion, and then sometimes on my forehead/nose if I want that effect.

It lasts forever. I've had mine for about 6mths and still loads left.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 3 favorites bronzers and this one is part of them. (others are Dior Bronze Collagen Activ Bronzer and Nars Laguna).
I am NC25, but getting more fair in the winter days (or months arghh).
I like to take my time to apply it, that is the only reason why I am not wearing it more often. It's not because it is difficult, but it's better to be careful when applying or at least have a nice lighting to see the results building up.
I use Mac brush 187, works very well with this. I have the blush for 8 months now and does not go down !
Bulky for traveling but at least you can put it in your luggage and it won't break or spill !
Also beautiful item to leave on your makeup "desk" !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by missghie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY bronzer I've used that I ever cared for at all. Actually, I LOVE this bronzer. Before it, I never wore bronzer because the ones I tried were too heavy, orange, streaky, dirty, unnatural looking, etc. But Chanel's is perfect! It's easy to apply with just my finger tips, getting the right amount (which is small) is easy to do, and it blends with little effort. I get compliments on how healthy and tan I look all the time. Plus, even though it's pricey, one tub has lasted me well over a year, which definitely makes it worth the price tag. I just hope they don't discontue it like they have some of my other fave Chanel products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by eli54

I've been on the search for a bronzer and heard all the roar about Soliel Tan De Chanel. I will say it is on the pricey side ($48), but I wasn't surprised its Chanel and there is a lot of product. Its soft to the touch and smells wonderful. The creamy texture turns into a powder consistency that's the best way I can describe it. I applied it with a Mac 130 skunk brush it sheds which I don't like, but then I buffed it with a bare essential brush. I like the color its natural, if not careful it can turn muddy. But start with a light hand and build up if needed. I like this product it didn't turn muddy and looks more natural than powder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No