The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 6/26/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best toner i've ever used! I recommend it to OILY SKIN! It MINIMIZES my pores, your skin feels FRESH, it's AFFORDABLE, it smells AMAZING, i love the NATURAL ingredients & best of all, IT WORKS :)

on 6/13/2011 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just hit my twenties and I realised I must start doing something to my face. I have normal-combi skin, oily T-zone and normal skin on other areas. I have many clogged pores and whiteheads, but little blackheads. I have occassional pimples.

This toner does everything that it says- cleanses, refreshes. the only bad thing- it doesnt really make my pores smaller, had only a little effect. I bought it coz it's alcohol-free and there was a sale: SGD 16.90 (i think it's about 30% off) which i felt was reasonable.

I feel safe using this toner- no alcohol, no tingling effect, no burns. It's a good toner. If it can reduce pore size better, i'd give it 5 lippies.

I really wanted to love this product but it did nothing positive for my skin. I use it with the seaweed mattifying moisturizer and surprisingly it made me oilier! My breakouts haven't improved and I'm disappointed with it. Now I'm off to find a better toner!!

on 5/26/2011 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

While I love the smell (fresh and subtle) it did nothing for skin except cause breakouts and I'm normally not prone to acne at all. :( Luckily, I had only received a sample of the seaweed line.

on 5/21/2011 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I like this stuff! I use this with the cleanser on a cotton pad if i'm too lazy at night to wash my face, or i'll just use it before I wash my face so all the make-up definitely comes off. Anyway this is a product I could actually tell improved my skin. I'm oily/blemishy and while using this I rarely got a fresh breakout. It felt nice on my skin when I applied it and didn't make it feel sensitive which some skincare items do for me wich is usually an indicator it will break me out. Anyway, I like this and will probably buy it again and always have it around.

on 4/24/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This toner comes in the Seaweed Line for oily skin and is actually now called a Clarifying toner (not Purifying). It certainly clarifies the skin, cleaning off all excess dirt, grime, make up etc and it does it well. It did tingle my skin but I thought it was more of a refreshing, 'tightening of my pores' feeling-not a burning sensation like other reviewers have experienced. This toner also works well with the Seaweed Pore Perfector by effectively unclogging and minimising my pores. Yes my face did feel nice and clean and balanced, but I don't think I will repurchase because when you check the ingredient list, you will see it is full of parabens-who knows what this will do to my skin in the long run. I love the packaging-a clear, abeit plastic bottle, that easily dispenses the toner onto a cotton pad. It is also pretty expensive-$17.95AUD for a toner. Works well as it should but it has too many cons for me to think about re-purchasing.

on 4/16/2011 10:31:00 AM

The lady at the store said this would control my oily skin, however, it made it more oily. I thought that was a bit odd, it probably dried my skin out and made my face produce more oil to compensate for the dryness. I ended up returning it.

on 4/8/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So sad it didn't work for so many people! I absolutely love it! I was very skeptical about using a toner because I didn't want to dry my face out but I thought, what the heck. It is so great! On lazy nights I don't even wash my face I just give this a swipe and poof(!) all the dirt is off my face! Catches all the grime that you miss when you wash and I don't notice a stinging sensation but I suppose I'm just lucky in that respect.

My skin has improved tenfold since I began using the line, I switch up the wash but the toner I am sold! I will use it for as long as it's around!

Try the $3 sample size if you're curious, sometimes the travel kit is on sale and you can't beat it! I'm still using them! And the toner bottle and day face cream you can reuse them for actual travel. I love it!

on 3/28/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Out of the set of seaweed products I bought from The Body Shop, this one was my least favorite. Not only did it contribute to breaking me out, it left a slick residue on my skin and I had to use another toner/astringent to remove that residue.
Again, I wanted to love this line.. but sadly it's given me nothing buy grief for my combo skin. Would not repurchase.

on 3/18/2011 6:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this toner after hearing some good things about it. When I would apply it, it would burn a bit but not enough to really alarm me, so I thought it was normal... I noticed the day after I started using it that I was breaking out LIKE MAD. I decided to give it a good week run to see if it would improve, but everytime I used this it only made my skin more irritated, blemished, broken out and oily (and my skin isn't even that oily to begin with!!) I will be returning this. May work for some but not for me!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products