July 25, 2014 | 941 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by mecki

This is a great product. I have scaly legs in the summer when the weather is hot and dry. I hate applying lotion, that feeling of a 'layer' on my skin is disgusting I find. Especially when it's 30 degrees out, the my skin starts to get sticky and slimy with lotion on.

I discovered this bottle of holy grail on day when I was browsing through the drugstore aisles. From the look of the bottle, I had high hopes for this oil. I imagined it would sink into my skin and leave it glowing without the greasiness. Well, I am not disappointed with it.

Neutrogena body oil is a light sesame based oil that deeply moisturizes your skin, leaving it looking and feeling good. For soft skin, I apply it after the shower when my body is still damp. I also apply it dry to my legs before going out for a glowing sheen. Besides being used as a moisturizer, it can be used as a massage or tanning oil.

I love this product, it's about $9 at Shopper's in Canada, and I would definitely recommend it to all the ladies on MUA + everyone else. 5 lippies for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

This is one of those classic products that have been around for decades. The scented version smells lightly of honeysuckle. This is a great body treatment for summer, when a lotion or cream may be too sticky or heavy. sesame oil is very light, and goes "milky" when blended onto wet skin. No greasy residue at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

This oil along with Olay's Moisturizing Bodywash w/ Shea Butter is saving my skin this summer!

My skin is always dry. Period. But in the summer I can't STAND to have lotion on me - it makes me sweat and then my skin is slimey. eiuww....

This summer even my usual summer lotions are annoying me(Aveeno Creamy Oil-slimey, Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula in the tub - greasy). So I've been washing with the Olay which is so moisturizing I *almost* don't need any lotion or anything at all. So this is just enough to keep my skin from drying out by the end of they day(or whenever I take my next shower - sometimes 2-3 times in a day). The scent is light, sweet, and tropical. It adds a nice feminine touch without overpowering any fragrance you may want to wear.

Oh, it also makes my skin sooooooooooooo soft. So. Soft.

Will definitely repurchase. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by JazzleBug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my daily after shower moisturizer since my sister introduced it to me about 15 years ago. The fragrance isn't overpowering and can be worn with just about any perfume fragrance. The softness this oil imparts to skin lingers all day long. It makes a great shaving oil (wet skin first!), a phenomenal massage oil (I don't accidentally pull my husband's hairs!), and I've even used it as a pre-shampoo treatment in a pinch. Oh, and in my tanning days...it kept my skin looking soft and supple and glowing (still looks great!). I adore this oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by kimmiehearts

This is a decent body oil. I guess you are supposed to use it on wet skin, but I feel it does basically nothing when my skin is wet, so I use it after drying off. The quality to cost ratio on this product is not good. For something you buy at the drugstore it is expensive, but the oil is very basic, no frills.
I have issues with the packaging. I like the way the bottle looks, unfortunately it is impossible to dispense the product without it running on the outside of the bottle. It gets oily and becomes a magnet for dust and dirt. I actually have to clean the bottle. If you saw the cloth I use to wipe it down with, you would think twice before putting the oil on your skin. I have seen this in a super size, get that one. It has a pump dispenser, more clean and sanitary.
I would recommend this for people who like to tan. It enhances color and gives a nice sheen to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It smells great and feels good on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by feverdoll

I keep this in the shower and smooth on to wet skin. It softens my skin without the need for lotion. I love the scent and my skin is very smooth without a residue. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by restes11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this formula, I love the smell, but I don't love the pricing and the packaging. It needs a pumps design so that the oil doesn't drip everywhere. I only use this on my legs and the remaining oil on my hand goes on my arms. I'm hesitant to put oil anywhere I break out. That sound scary! I will buy again, but hopefully someone at Neutrogena will hear out please about the design!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by goodlight

If only I had read the reviews before! I would never have imagined the scent of this product.. It is a very STRONG honeysuckle/orange blossom smell, not in a good way. It absorbs and moisturizes well, and does not stick to my clothes. But with the cloying smell, I do not plan on buying again. I don't know how I will use this up (sadly, I bought the Costco sized version) :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The scent on this product is so strong and pungent that I really don't like using it. This is classic "old lady perfume" fragrance. And, unfortunately, the scent lasts. Ironically, as for its moisturizing abilities, I find it to be drying. I tossed my bottle. Smell this before you buy it - it is VERY strong and cheap smelling. I believe I paid approximately $17 for a 16 oz. bottle.