September 23, 2014 | 1960 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by shalinigupta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this oil for my body after I get out of the shower. It soaks in quickly with no greasiness. The fragrance-free version is great since it won't clash with any scent that I might wear but the fragranced version smells really nice too. I only wish it was a bit more natural, the first ingredient on the list is isopropyl myristate but apparently it is key to the sheer feeling of this oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by evange

Despite being oil, this actually made my skin extremely DRY AND ITCHY.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by toomuchfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh. I'm glad some people love this stuff, but I couldn't even finish the bottle. First off, the packaging is beyond annoying - the oil was constantly leaking out of the cap and getting everywhere. That would be annoying enough on it's own, but then: the smell. It's not an awful smell, but it's very synthetic and strong and I couldn't stand it. If you put this stuff all over your body you and everything you come into contact with will smell like synthetic soap/coconut/sesame/something the whole day. The scent was the deal breaker for me, but it also didn't seem to moisturize and it didn't sink into my skin at all. It did leave my skin with a glow, but so will slathering any other oil all over your body. The slimy feeling was intolerable in the Florida heat, and compounded with the smell...will stick with my Sephora dry oil thank you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by mecki

This is a great product. I have scaly legs in the summer when the weather is hot and dry. I hate applying lotion, that feeling of a 'layer' on my skin is disgusting I find. Especially when it's 30 degrees out, the my skin starts to get sticky and slimy with lotion on.

I discovered this bottle of holy grail on day when I was browsing through the drugstore aisles. From the look of the bottle, I had high hopes for this oil. I imagined it would sink into my skin and leave it glowing without the greasiness. Well, I am not disappointed with it.

Neutrogena body oil is a light sesame based oil that deeply moisturizes your skin, leaving it looking and feeling good. For soft skin, I apply it after the shower when my body is still damp. I also apply it dry to my legs before going out for a glowing sheen. Besides being used as a moisturizer, it can be used as a massage or tanning oil.

I love this product, it's about $9 at Shopper's in Canada, and I would definitely recommend it to all the ladies on MUA + everyone else. 5 lippies for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

This is one of those classic products that have been around for decades. The scented version smells lightly of honeysuckle. This is a great body treatment for summer, when a lotion or cream may be too sticky or heavy. sesame oil is very light, and goes "milky" when blended onto wet skin. No greasy residue at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

This oil along with Olay's Moisturizing Bodywash w/ Shea Butter is saving my skin this summer!

My skin is always dry. Period. But in the summer I can't STAND to have lotion on me - it makes me sweat and then my skin is slimey. eiuww....

This summer even my usual summer lotions are annoying me(Aveeno Creamy Oil-slimey, Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula in the tub - greasy). So I've been washing with the Olay which is so moisturizing I *almost* don't need any lotion or anything at all. So this is just enough to keep my skin from drying out by the end of they day(or whenever I take my next shower - sometimes 2-3 times in a day). The scent is light, sweet, and tropical. It adds a nice feminine touch without overpowering any fragrance you may want to wear.

Oh, it also makes my skin sooooooooooooo soft. So. Soft.

Will definitely repurchase. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by JazzleBug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my daily after shower moisturizer since my sister introduced it to me about 15 years ago. The fragrance isn't overpowering and can be worn with just about any perfume fragrance. The softness this oil imparts to skin lingers all day long. It makes a great shaving oil (wet skin first!), a phenomenal massage oil (I don't accidentally pull my husband's hairs!), and I've even used it as a pre-shampoo treatment in a pinch. Oh, and in my tanning days...it kept my skin looking soft and supple and glowing (still looks great!). I adore this oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by kimmiehearts

This is a decent body oil. I guess you are supposed to use it on wet skin, but I feel it does basically nothing when my skin is wet, so I use it after drying off. The quality to cost ratio on this product is not good. For something you buy at the drugstore it is expensive, but the oil is very basic, no frills.
I have issues with the packaging. I like the way the bottle looks, unfortunately it is impossible to dispense the product without it running on the outside of the bottle. It gets oily and becomes a magnet for dust and dirt. I actually have to clean the bottle. If you saw the cloth I use to wipe it down with, you would think twice before putting the oil on your skin. I have seen this in a super size, get that one. It has a pump dispenser, more clean and sanitary.
I would recommend this for people who like to tan. It enhances color and gives a nice sheen to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It smells great and feels good on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by feverdoll

I keep this in the shower and smooth on to wet skin. It softens my skin without the need for lotion. I love the scent and my skin is very smooth without a residue. LOVE IT!