The Body Shop Lip Butter - Mango

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/12/2006 2:55:00 AM

This lip butter has a wonderful mango scent. That is about the only good thing with this lip product. It does not moisturize well. I don't like the packaging either. It is very unsanitary to have to dip the finger into the pot to use the balm. Plus if you are on the go it's not nice to have balm on the finger tip and have to go search for a restroom to wash your hands. Very unpractical indeed. There are plenty other lip balms that are much better than this one! Nope, I would definitely not repurchase. Purchasing this product was a waste of money!

on 5/5/2006 1:18:00 PM

I don't like to dip my finger into lip butter, and then apply it to my lips. It is not hygienic and my finger-tip gets creamy which i detest. I'd rather this was in tube, like lip stick. But smell is beautiful that's why i bought it. I don't use it daily, I prefer using my lip stick. I won't repurchase this.

I bought a little tub of this (mango) few years back, figuring the scent of the the body butter was good so the lip balm was a safe bet. Wrong! Thank heavens I was still in the mall, when I opened the container...it smells just like cat urine. I didnt even have to bring it up to my nose, it was so strong. I immediately took it back thinking I got a bad tub, so I exchanged it for another one, but this time opened it up at the register.-same thing. Then the salesgirl told me, that they have a bad batch, but wasn't sure if theirs in stock was part of the recall. Well, I got my money back, and explained its too bad they didn't have a way of tracking their product, so they can take it off the self appropriately. She was proceding to take all the mango lip butter off the self. Anyway. I haven't been back since, because I feel its just too risky that they have no way of tracking their products for safety.

on 4/1/2006 6:23:00 PM

The balm is fantastic, I found it to be quite easy to get out of the pot- it melted onto my finger nicely. Oily consistency, but c'mon, it has the word "butter" in the name. And it is incredibly moisturizing- I find it to be quite similar to vaseline in performance but it smells/tastes good and comes in a happy lil mini tub :) It seems really slippy at first, but it also seems to absorb into my skin isntead of just sitting on top. No gritty bits in mine. It can feel slightly lumpy in texture when I first start rubbing it onto my lips, but I think that's because the oils in it melt at slightly different temperatures. Mine also smells fantastic, like mango sorbet. This is my favorite balm right now, knocks too faced bunny balm out of the water. I find that this works brilliantly with drier lipsticks or when I put l/s on sheerly and I need a bit more of something on my lips to keep them moist. A+ for me, although other reviews make me suspect that TBS has some product inconsistency going on.

on 12/8/2005 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is the best! It has great taste, smell, and a very subtle shine. It last a while too.

on 11/7/2005 10:09:00 PM

This was one of the worst products I've ever tried. It was expensive ($8 CAN) and it dried out my lips. I didn't like the fact that it had little hard pieces in the balm as well. Will not repurchase.

on 1/13/2005 11:36:00 AM

What can I say, I am addicted to the body shop. This is a wonderful summer fragrance and is ultra conditioning on the lips. A must buy

on 1/4/2005 10:12:00 PM

Although I love the smell of this balm, I must say it's a bit to greasy for my taste. I use it when I go to bed and in extremely cold weather but it's not my first choice. I prefer Jack Black. I also wish the packaging was better. It comes in a pot and I hate picking it from underneath my nails.

on 1/3/2005 4:23:00 PM

Mango is by far the best Lip Butter out of them all. Unlike the others, you don't have to warm this stuff up with your finger to get any out of the pot. It's already soft. And the smell is yummy!

on 12/7/2004 10:20:00 AM

I hadn't been in TBS since it was cool way back in 1992 (before Lush started doing better cheaper products and we all found out that TBS allegedly tested on animals whether or not they 'approved' of it.) and it was only when passing the one at Paddington on my way to the pub that I was sucked in. The Body Shop seems to have moved away from all that god-awful hemp stuff and drab brown colours and I was pleasantly surprised at the brightly lit display. I picked up this Mango Lip Butter and decided that TBS deserved a chance to redeem itself... It was only on arrival at the counter that I remembered just how EXPENSIVE the stuff in there is! This lost serious points for its extortionate price of 4.50. I am no stranger to paying 20 for a lip balm when it takes my fancy, but I don't think the price was justified in this case. It smells lovely though, a lot more like real mango than synthetic flavouring. The texture is a little bit hard and waxy but this will make it last longer. I think it does a fairly decent job of moisturising my lips and If you like the smell it's a fairly good purchase. However, I've noticed said smell clashes a bit with some perfumes and shampoo. The soft feel lasts a reasonable amount of time if you don't lick it all off straight away. I think this, as a token buy, might get me to stop there again. :-)

Popular Lip Treatments