September 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter - Mango

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a little tub of this (mango) few years back, figuring the scent of the the body butter was good so the lip balm was a safe bet. Wrong! Thank heavens I was still in the mall, when I opened the container...it smells just like cat urine. I didnt even have to bring it up to my nose, it was so strong. I immediately took it back thinking I got a bad tub, so I exchanged it for another one, but this time opened it up at the register.-same thing. Then the salesgirl told me, that they have a bad batch, but wasn't sure if theirs in stock was part of the recall. Well, I got my money back, and explained its too bad they didn't have a way of tracking their product, so they can take it off the self appropriately. She was proceding to take all the mango lip butter off the self. Anyway. I haven't been back since, because I feel its just too risky that they have no way of tracking their products for safety.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

The balm is fantastic, I found it to be quite easy to get out of the pot- it melted onto my finger nicely. Oily consistency, but c'mon, it has the word "butter" in the name. And it is incredibly moisturizing- I find it to be quite similar to vaseline in performance but it smells/tastes good and comes in a happy lil mini tub :) It seems really slippy at first, but it also seems to absorb into my skin isntead of just sitting on top. No gritty bits in mine. It can feel slightly lumpy in texture when I first start rubbing it onto my lips, but I think that's because the oils in it melt at slightly different temperatures. Mine also smells fantastic, like mango sorbet. This is my favorite balm right now, knocks too faced bunny balm out of the water. I find that this works brilliantly with drier lipsticks or when I put l/s on sheerly and I need a bit more of something on my lips to keep them moist. A+ for me, although other reviews make me suspect that TBS has some product inconsistency going on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by XBeats4YouX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the best! It has great taste, smell, and a very subtle shine. It last a while too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Beccaboo28

This was one of the worst products I've ever tried. It was expensive ($8 CAN) and it dried out my lips. I didn't like the fact that it had little hard pieces in the balm as well. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by TaraMarie

What can I say, I am addicted to the body shop. This is a wonderful summer fragrance and is ultra conditioning on the lips. A must buy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 10:12:00 PM More reviews by THARA

Although I love the smell of this balm, I must say it's a bit to greasy for my taste. I use it when I go to bed and in extremely cold weather but it's not my first choice. I prefer Jack Black. I also wish the packaging was better. It comes in a pot and I hate picking it from underneath my nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by hollis27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mango is by far the best Lip Butter out of them all. Unlike the others, you don't have to warm this stuff up with your finger to get any out of the pot. It's already soft. And the smell is yummy!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by malibu_jenny

I hadn't been in TBS since it was cool way back in 1992 (before Lush started doing better cheaper products and we all found out that TBS allegedly tested on animals whether or not they 'approved' of it.) and it was only when passing the one at Paddington on my way to the pub that I was sucked in. The Body Shop seems to have moved away from all that god-awful hemp stuff and drab brown colours and I was pleasantly surprised at the brightly lit display. I picked up this Mango Lip Butter and decided that TBS deserved a chance to redeem itself... It was only on arrival at the counter that I remembered just how EXPENSIVE the stuff in there is! This lost serious points for its extortionate price of 4.50. I am no stranger to paying 20 for a lip balm when it takes my fancy, but I don't think the price was justified in this case. It smells lovely though, a lot more like real mango than synthetic flavouring. The texture is a little bit hard and waxy but this will make it last longer. I think it does a fairly decent job of moisturising my lips and If you like the smell it's a fairly good purchase. However, I've noticed said smell clashes a bit with some perfumes and shampoo. The soft feel lasts a reasonable amount of time if you don't lick it all off straight away. I think this, as a token buy, might get me to stop there again. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 3:03:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

I enjoy this lip butter very much. It has the same fresh, mango scent as the body butter and rest ofthe mango bath and shower line. Like some other posters, my pot also had gritty bits in it. I've found it to be very hit and miss with TBS lip butters, sometimes they have gritty bits, sometimes they don't. I am one of those odd souls who sort of happens to like the gritty bits, as I think they exfoliate nicely.

I find that this lip butter goes on soft, smells great, and lasts a long time. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2004 8:45:00 AM More reviews by satnitesadnesss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Papaya. tastes like fresh fruit and cream, smells the same, and has a creamy consistency. i hated the colour though- it was white. you cant put much on at all, or it turns your lips white/grey.