September 30, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 11:56:00 AM More reviews by JessTooTall

I will spend the extra amount for the Lancome Bifacil unless I can find something similar that is less expensive. The oily residue that this leaves behind bothers me and it still doesn't remove all my mascara. But it's better than most.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2004 9:04:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this would be alot like the Clinique take the day off. But it wasn't quite as good. I had to rub a little harder. And it left a bit more oily residue. It works okay for the price. But I'm going to stay with the Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2004 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Jenbabae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this item a try since I was recommended to try it. Upon trying it, I realized that it worked quite well. However, soon after, it began to dry out my lids. My eyelids began to flake which wasn't very pleasant. It even irritated it to the extent of having it swollen! I probably wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2004 6:43:00 PM More reviews by philomenakateri

I did not like this product. It stung my eyes badly and got red eyes until the next day. I guess it works for some people but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by lilomui

Great product! Removes my "waterproof" mascura very easily, and its not oily at all (unlke previous products I've tried that left my eyes sooo sticky). I would definetely buy this product again, pretty cheap (under $5!)!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2004 10:26:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

At first I thought that I had found my HG of eye make-up removers. It was cheap and pretty effective at removing my waterproof makeup. The problem is that it stung my eyes every single time I used it!!! Also, it didn't remove everything. I was (and still am) a loyal user of Lancome's Bifical but found it to be pretty expensive. But until I find a cheap alternative, I'm stuck using Bifical!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2004 3:21:00 AM More reviews by happylilstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I can never bring myself to cough up the $21 for Bi-Facil, I thought I'd give this a try. It seemed alright for the first few uses, but then I noticed that it left a pretty gross layer of film behind, and even clouded my contact lenses. It does get the job done and removes all of my makeup, but I wash my face immediately after. At least it was cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite eye makeup remover. Works great for removing waterproof mascara and it doesn't bother my contact lenses. Is it greasy - yes. But who cares - just wash your face or use a toner on your lids when you are done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Ok, only a four lippie here, as I feel that this sometimes stings my eyes slightly. Other than that, it is an awesome eye makeup remover and works just as well as Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, though the MK version does not sting. However, this costs less than half what the MK does and gives just slightly more product. I like how the "dual phase" action separates in the bottle. You really have to shake it good to mix (who says you can't mix oil and water???), and you get a good, powerful eyemakeup remover. Good stuff!
UPDATE: I have since found something even better than this. Neutrogena's Bi-Phasal Oil-Free Eye MU Remover which absolutely does not sting at all! It removes waterproof mascara just as well and is much more gentle and offers just the same amount of product as the Almay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2004 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mumu81202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!!! It works as well as my BiFacil or Effacil by Lancome, and sooo much cheaper! I didn't have a problem with the lid, maybe I'm not closing it as tightly...Anyway, I love the fact that I can saturate on cotton ball, and remove everything from both eyes with it (and I mean everything...waterproof mascara, liquid eyeliner, lash primer, you name it) My newest HG!