New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/4/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Not happy with this product at all. I like a lot of NYC products and I was on the hunt for a good drugstore liquid eyeliner. I came across this and it was only like 3 dollars at my CVS, for the price I thought it was worth a try. It ended up going in the garbage because CVS's return policy isn't the best and I wouldn't want to give it to a friend because it gave me a bad reaction in addition to just being a bad product.
PROS:
-the liner comes out very black.
-affordable price.
-easy to find.
-nice packaging. very slim and small.
CONS:
-the product itself is VERY runny and watery. takes FOREVER to dry.
-even when it was dried, it flaked off very easily and smudged and I was constantly cleaning it up and fixing it.
-the brush is a very thin and extremely flimsy. It's not a felt tip, it's a brush. It's very difficult to use and very hard to get a precise line without the brush going everywhere. Not steady or easy to use especially if you're used to angled brushes and felt tip liners. Not a fan.
-when I went to take it off at the end of the day I used the same makeup remover I've been using for 6+ years and I got some of the liner in my eyes from it smearing all over the place trying to get it off and my eyes got very red and itchy and the skin around my eyes also got very irritated. I know it was NOT the makeup remover because I've been using it for years and never had any issues. I don't know what ingredient caused the reaction but I've never had a liner do that to me before. So annoying!

All in all I definitely wont be repurchasing. I had a weird reaction and it's just not worth it even though it's super cheap. I will stick to my Maybelline gel eye liner and my Maybelline Line Stiletto, both are so much better in every way. I just think there are better products out there.

on 5/30/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been using this eyeliner for years and love it. Affordable, long lasting, pigmented and easy to use.

on 5/29/2014 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite liquid liner! Black applies a matte black--no navy or charcoal gray!--that lasts all day (no smudging on my contact lenses, either!), with a formula that stays true past six months. The small bristles take getting used to, as it applies with a LOT of product upon opening, but it's worth it. Dirt cheap, non-irritating for my sensitive, astigmatized eyes, and available at almost every drugstore, this is my favorite liquid liner.

on 5/13/2014 12:45:00 AM

love everything about it except I wish the brush was a bit thinner for more precision and it does transfer to my browbone because of my oily eyelids and slightly hooded eyes. but for the price it's a great product.

on 5/3/2014 10:28:00 PM

Love this eyeliner to cover my false lashes!! I've been using it for over a year and highly recommend for that kind of use! It's so inexpensive but lasts all day!! Love it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this over and over since I was 12 and started wearing it for dance recitals. I would never want to be without it. I can experiment with wings etc. and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes, plus the formula is really great at not causing a big clean up, its so easy to fix mistakes. Every makeup beginner should own this for that reason. This eyeliner is an absolute staple for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly the only liquid eyeliner I use. It comes off pretty easily during the day which sucks but I love the brush and it's so great to do wings with! And a great price! Win Win.

I had needed a new liquid eyeliner and I didnt want to spend allot so I purchased this and am happy I did. I like how this liner has a brush tip as I generally prefer that instead of a felt. The brush is small and is great at giving either a thin or thick line. The color of this is very black with a matte finish which I love. The tip of this brush can get goopy with product build up but running the tip of the brush over the edge of the tube solves that problem. This lasts me all day and it doesnt flake off or smudge. I have sensitive eyes and this hasnt caused any irritation. It washes off easily with my face cleanser. All in all I am glad that I purchased this.This is a great liquid eyeliner that helps achieve different looks, last all day, and doesnt sting eyes. I will still continue to try different liquid eyeliners as I love to try different ones but I would repurchase this again.

on 4/17/2014 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Loved the rich color and how easy it was to apply but it just wouldn't stay on my eyelids. After a few hours, it always transferred and smeared all over my brow bone.

on 4/1/2014 12:16:00 AM

this is my favorite eyeliner since my revlon one ran out!
I have to say that I really like the texture and how smoothly it glinds on. it is pigmented as well. I accidently bought it in the wrong color, black pearl. But I am planning to purchase this again the next time I visit target. it's only $2.99 at target!
The only thing I hate about this product is the brush, it can be hard to apply at first, but once you get use to it, not so much anymore.