Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

Amazing product! We've always had a tube of this at home for as long as I can remember. It's a life saver on so many levels: rashes, scars, dry patches, chapped lips, hands, hair... it works miracles. A friend of mine had burnt her face real badly with boiling oil (ouch!) and I gave her my tube of 8 hour cream; within a week her face had healed completely! I also use it after a breakout to prevent acne scars. The smell might be offputting but I kind of like it; it seems to remind you that it is medicine rather than a beauty product. It is worth every penny and a little goes a long way. Everybody should have a tube of 8 hour cream!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my 1st review on MUA and this amazing product is the reason. My sister had recommended the 8 Hour Cream to me as a well known HG item, but I'd never heard of it. Then I got pink eye (both eyes!) and the baby shampoo the Dr. recommended I use in a compress gave me an allergic reaction and left my eyes swelled up with dry, crusty patches on my lids. They felt awful. My normal eye creams burned. In desperation, I bought a tube of the 8 hour cream. Within 48 hours my lids were smooth again. No breakouts. Recently I noticed at the end of the day my skin looked really flaky even though it was oily. It'd soaked up my foundation and close up my skin looked patchy and dry. Yuck! I used my clarisonic, twice, and slathered on the 8 Hour Cream. I was worried because my skin is really sensitive; I thought for sure I'd have a couple of pimples. NONE! And when I woke up my skin was so soft. I also love this product on my lips. Highly recommend. Great for travel as an all purpose item. It's a must have for me.

Smells like cadavers to me- (preserved bodies in an anatomy lab). YUCK YUCK YUCK
Texture is a sticky icky disgusting

Maybe Elizabeth's horses didn't mind being lathered in this product but I DO. Neigh neigh neigh I whinee.

(Ok theres a scent free version nowadays but the texture is still ick).

Ok, so I've had a little bit of eczema on my face for about 10 years not badly, but its quite annoying as literally no cream, moisturiser or healthy diet/ 2 litres of water etc will relieve it.
I have literally tried more creams than I can list here and nothing, NOTHING even touched the sides to keep the intense dryness/redness at bay.
Most expensive creams contain fragrances so were irritating or just weren't rich enough to combat the dryness, (or did but didn't last for longer than a few minutes and had to be re-applied)
I tried the fragrance free version which in my opinion still smells like the original and although most people dislike the smell I don't find it offensive at all and I wouldn't care even if I did as the fact is, THIS STUFF WORKS and it last for ages as well.
The salicylic acid is really great for rough skin and vitamin E which is very moisturising and antioxidant.
Just a small dab will sooth and moisturise the driest of skins and provide immediate relief, definitely recommended!

UPDATE:
Well, it wasnt bad and I still use it but it just sits on the skin. Its good for this purpose to protect the skin but its not very hydrating in itself.

OLD:
I have very dry and pigmented outer corners of my eyes, it looks weird and often simply hurts (esp. after makeup removal).
I used some ointments from pharmacy, some creams and serums and then I got a sample of this and omg finally something actually made difference!!

I dont like the smell, shine or consistency but it works and that what matters! I warm it up and then pat it on, I also used it on lips but for lips I prefer homeoplasmine. On cuticles it works great too. Sometimes I will put it instead of any eyeshadow and pair it with strong mouth- great look. I like the tube packaging too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an essential in my beauty cabinet - I love it! The best lip soother ever, lasts so much longer than other comparative products such as Vaseline. Also excellent for chapped or dry skin - just slather on affected areas in the evening and miracles appear to happen overnight! It's a little greasy and doesn't smell great (although I think there's now an unscented version available) but the results are fantastic! I stock up at duty free as find it's much cheaper than buying in the UK. Highly recommended!

So, I could NOT find anything to soothe and smooth my dry, cracked lips and then this heavenly tube came my way....

I cannot praise this stuff enough for changing my lips in a drastic way. Its not meant for lips persay, but try it. It's thick, (I got the fragrance free btw), no smell, and lasts. I apply it quite alot, since I'm a smoker, and it has brought back my pretty pout! I have thrown out all other lip balms (which was a whole drawer, FYI).

If your lips are severly chapped and look like bird feathers instead of smooth, pick this up!

4 lippies because the tube stands about 6 inches high, so it's not throw in your clutch type lip treatment, but I don't care!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It feels and smells like industrial grease. Foul scent + too thick consistency to use anywhere other than lips or heels, and I don't feel like I have benefitted from it in any way.

This product is awesome for someone who has dry patches or dry lips ! I mainly just use this cream in the winter . Even though I have combination skin my nose and lips still peel in the winter time . Before I go to bed I put a tiny amount on my nose and lips ( a little goes along way! ) when I wake up my lips are so soft and my nose is instantly smooth. The smell isn't that appealing but they just released a non scented version !! One tube will last you over 24 months, so it's a great value ! A must if your dry !

I really like this product. I know some people say it is overpriced Vaseline but I think this works much better that than on dry skin. When I use it on cracker skin on my nose sometimes it resolves within a couple of days. I also use it on my lips overnight and they becomes really soft and look nice in the morning my lips are naturally very dry and chapped. It works much better than Vaseline on dry skin and it penetrates further into the skin and resolves the dryness whereas Vaseline doesn't. I also use this cream on my eyelids because they can become quite dry but it also looks nice and shiny in the day time.