August 29, 2014 | 1000 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by debdee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product for my lips, it effectively moisturizes without burning or irritating them. I've tried numerous balms but always experience an adverse reaction. This product works well and lasts about two hours before another application is needed. The only reason I gave it a four rating instead of a five it is the smell of the product - it is fragrance free, however it has the slight smell of petroleum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my best little friends. I use it as lip gloss etc., for which it is lovely - HOWEVER! The thing that really puts it over the top for me is the fact that it heals my pimple-scars! If I dab a thin layer of this over the pimple every day once it's popped or starts receding? NO SCAR!!

And to explain, my skin gets scars from Every. Single. Pimple. Always. Dark red spots that do no go away. But with 8 hour? No scar. Could regular petroleum jelly do the same? I don't know, and I'm not ready to take the chance with a trial on my own face, getting more scars if it doesn't work. But I do know that 8 hour has vitamin e and some other stuff in it (too lazy to look it up) that might give it that extra edge.

Either way, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW! This cream REALLY works everywhere! Amazing! I first heard about this cream when my mother was in an accident and got some really bad wounds in her face. She used eight hour cream for the wounds and within a week the wounds and scars had totally gone away. I was really amazed and went right away to buy this product, since I have a couple of scars and red traces of old pimples. Now Iīve been using this product every night for my problem area: chin and cheeks, which are red, dry and filled with pimples. I also use this for my chapped lips (super!), cuticles and sometimes even on my hair ends and my boyfriend uses this on his hands. My skin has really never been this good, itīs like a miracle. Most of the pimples are gone, and my skin looks soft and good! The redness is still here, but the dryness is gone.

The cream is very, very rich and it doesnīt absorbe very well. I usually use it in the evening, maybe an hour before going to bed, so it has time to absorbe. Usually my face still leaves oily traces on my pillow...
The smell was quite horrible at first, but then I got used to it and now I actually like it.
I bought my tube from the nearest drugstore and it was quite expensive, but I found it online with a more reasonable price, and I will definetly buy this again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for the new FRAGRANCE FREE version. I've used the original version for years and just love it, it's great for everything: burns, dry skin, sunburn, chapped lips, intensive moisturising, cuticles...the list goes on. Thought I'd treat myself to the new fragrance free version this time around. Well. Not impressed. It's a thinner consistency, not as rich feeling and just doesn't do the job. After applying to my lips last night, I've woken up to chapped lips! Huh?! How does that work?! It feels just like the Vaseline you get in the little tins and at 25 GBP a pop I'm not impressed. I think I threw the receipt away as well so can't take it back as a complaint. I'm going to double check the ingredients so if there is something else they've left out as well as the fragrance. I used to quite like the fragrance actually as it smelt medicinal and old-fashioned. Grr.

EDIT: Just rummaged through the bin (gross) to find the receipt and packaging so I can take it back and try and exchange for the original. Here are the ingredients for the FF version...

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Acacia Decurrens extract, Dipteryx Odorata Bean extract, Vanillin, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Salicylic Acid, Ricinus Communis, Vegetable Oil, Corn Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

So, a completely different product really. Recommend avoiding if you like the original.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by runitsjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Found it on sale after reading about it from Lisa Eldridge, so I took a chance on it.

For the price, there's nothing fancy or unique about the packaging.

When I used it, it smelled really bad and was really oily and greasy. I have Eucerin and Vaseline products that I can just use to the same effect that don't smell as awful and are cheaper. I ended up returning it the same day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read tons of fashion magazine from the US, UK, France, Japan (yes, but I only look at the images). There is always the same advice: Eight Hour is the wonder cream that you can use on every inch of your skin. (even if it contains parabens...)
So I overcame my rejection of parabens and I decided to buy it.
Actually, in Italy this cream is more difficult to find than a Japanese who doesn't love Prada, but after a long research I found it.
After one week of use I can say that it's smelly, sticky and oily but it is really effective.
The first night I warmed it in my hands then I splatted it everywhere: face, lips, elbows, knees and heels. Gross! I disgusted myself (and sadly my husband too), but the morning after my face glowed and my body was supersoft.
And I slept just four or five hours!
Nothing like that happened when I use La Mer or Sisley or La Prairie.
Of course, its effect depends on the condition of your skin, but if you have normal/dry skin without any problem like me, you'll be amazed by Eight Hour!
UPDATE 12/10: WARNING! After two weeks, I have noticed some pimples on my cheeks and around my lips.
So please, be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Ally112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been purchasing Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream for about 7-8 years and it really is worth the price, I started using this product when I was 16 and working in a department store, a friend who was working oppisite on the Arden counter suggested I use it on my dry lips and face during winter one day and I've never looked back!
I like to use it as a moisturizer and for chapped lips and it looks fantastic as a lip gloss!

Put it on your Xmas list for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Eight Hour Cream since way back when it came in a pink metal tube. I always have a tube of this on hand for things like chapped lips, applying to my hands, cuticles and nails overnight when they're looking like they need a little extra TLC. I even used to smooth it through the ends of my hair way back before there were better products for this sort of thing. It's a great all purpose product and while some say it's just gussied up Vaseline, I prefer not to agree (I could be wrong but what the heck - I'm the one buying the stuff). While it's not the greatest foot cream in the world, in a pinch, it's perfectly fine for slathering on my feet at night and putting on a pair of socks. I even like the slightly herbal/medicinal smell. When we take quick weekend trips away, it is great to toss in to my bag and for a short time, it means I can pack a whole lot less "stuff" because it's multi-purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by junelove

I purchased this product about 3 months ago and since then have found so many different uses for it. As most people have already mentioned its really great for dry hands/feet, chapped lips, and even eczema. Even though it is expensive, it lasts a long time IF you are using it the way it should be used- and that is sparingly. It is not as effective is you are putting more product than you need to with the thought that the more the better/faster it will heal up you dry skin. This is definitely not true, and a little bit of product goes a long way. The only reason I rated it 4/5 is because it is quite oily and on some occasions I have broken out- but only a smalllll amount.
**TIP: If you are into the natural look- I like to apply foundation, and then put some blush on my cheek bones, and then add a very small amount onto my finger and gently dab it on top of where I've already applied my blush. I think it gives a really great 'dewy' natural look and keeps your face looking clean!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a no frills ointment. I use it for a variety of things on all parts of my body. Dry chapped hands, cracked lips, eczema patches, dry elbows, irritated skin (the only thing that will not irritate it but still protect it while keeping it moisturized.)

I love this stuff. You can really do whatever you want with it. I recently used this on a burn mark (from curling iron) and it soothed my skin so much! I left a pretty thick and just slept. Next morning my face didn't hurt anymore!

Truly an all around beauty product for maintenance and care. Highly recommend!