November 27, 2014 | 1491 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to buy this because it seemed like a lot for what it is. And while it's not cheap, I do think it's worth it for what I bought it for. It's a very cold, dry winter where I'm at, and my cuticles are constantly splitting and tearing because they're so dry. I've tried all different kinds of lotion, cuticle oil, aquaphor, everything- and still nothing would help. So I finally tried 8 hour cream, and it is the only thing that works. I haven't tried it anywhere else, and the only other place I'd really consider trying it is my lips. However, after I put it on my nails it leaves behind kind of an oily residue, and I just can't imagine that won't clog my pores and lead to blemishes/bumps around my lips. Plus, I use Smith's Rosebud Salve on my lips and love that, so I'm not willing to risk it. So, if you have extremely dry cuticles, this will work miracles, and if that's important to you, than you will probably consider this worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never would have thought I would have purchased what I told people was "glorified vaseline". Guess what? I WAS WRONG. I snagged a tube of this for only $7 at Marshals. Beats paying full price! The first week I only used it on my lips and cracked cuticles, which were super supple by the end of the week. I was hesitant to try on my face as it seems greasy-- but I did. And I'm glad I did. This stuff can heal my acne like a BOSS. I don't know how, but it does. The consistency looks like vaseline coming out of the tube, but as you rub it together it liquifies into an oil that is easily rubbed into any dry part of the skin.

At first I thought the smell was pretty off putting, but now I have come to enjoy it!! On my 2nd tube now! I'm a total convert!

*EDIT*
I found a substitute for this that I feel is a bit better to wear on my face at night. I now use Mary Kay's extra emollient night cream. It's not as greasy or sticky so I don't feel so weird with it touching my pillow. I still wear the EA8 on my lips and will put it on the occasional breakout to help treat it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to see what the hype was all about with this product & I cant say Im disappointed, but I cant say Im overly enthusiastic either. Yes its a good balm, yes it works well to assist chapped lips, hands, nails etc but I wouldnt say this cream is a wonder or HG. It does smell a little funky which i would describe as part herbal, part petroleum but its not offensive. honestly, i dont really find much difference when comparing good 'ol vaseline and this in terms of the way it works, consistency. colour differs sure but who cares TBH. im hard pressed to say i would purchase this instead of vaseline.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by debdee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product for my lips, it effectively moisturizes without burning or irritating them. I've tried numerous balms but always experience an adverse reaction. This product works well and lasts about two hours before another application is needed. The only reason I gave it a four rating instead of a five it is the smell of the product - it is fragrance free, however it has the slight smell of petroleum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my best little friends. I use it as lip gloss etc., for which it is lovely - HOWEVER! The thing that really puts it over the top for me is the fact that it heals my pimple-scars! If I dab a thin layer of this over the pimple every day once it's popped or starts receding? NO SCAR!!

And to explain, my skin gets scars from Every. Single. Pimple. Always. Dark red spots that do no go away. But with 8 hour? No scar. Could regular petroleum jelly do the same? I don't know, and I'm not ready to take the chance with a trial on my own face, getting more scars if it doesn't work. But I do know that 8 hour has vitamin e and some other stuff in it (too lazy to look it up) that might give it that extra edge.

Either way, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW! This cream REALLY works everywhere! Amazing! I first heard about this cream when my mother was in an accident and got some really bad wounds in her face. She used eight hour cream for the wounds and within a week the wounds and scars had totally gone away. I was really amazed and went right away to buy this product, since I have a couple of scars and red traces of old pimples. Now Iīve been using this product every night for my problem area: chin and cheeks, which are red, dry and filled with pimples. I also use this for my chapped lips (super!), cuticles and sometimes even on my hair ends and my boyfriend uses this on his hands. My skin has really never been this good, itīs like a miracle. Most of the pimples are gone, and my skin looks soft and good! The redness is still here, but the dryness is gone.

The cream is very, very rich and it doesnīt absorbe very well. I usually use it in the evening, maybe an hour before going to bed, so it has time to absorbe. Usually my face still leaves oily traces on my pillow...
The smell was quite horrible at first, but then I got used to it and now I actually like it.
I bought my tube from the nearest drugstore and it was quite expensive, but I found it online with a more reasonable price, and I will definetly buy this again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for the new FRAGRANCE FREE version. I've used the original version for years and just love it, it's great for everything: burns, dry skin, sunburn, chapped lips, intensive moisturising, cuticles...the list goes on. Thought I'd treat myself to the new fragrance free version this time around. Well. Not impressed. It's a thinner consistency, not as rich feeling and just doesn't do the job. After applying to my lips last night, I've woken up to chapped lips! Huh?! How does that work?! It feels just like the Vaseline you get in the little tins and at 25 GBP a pop I'm not impressed. I think I threw the receipt away as well so can't take it back as a complaint. I'm going to double check the ingredients so if there is something else they've left out as well as the fragrance. I used to quite like the fragrance actually as it smelt medicinal and old-fashioned. Grr.

EDIT: Just rummaged through the bin (gross) to find the receipt and packaging so I can take it back and try and exchange for the original. Here are the ingredients for the FF version...

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Acacia Decurrens extract, Dipteryx Odorata Bean extract, Vanillin, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Salicylic Acid, Ricinus Communis, Vegetable Oil, Corn Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

So, a completely different product really. Recommend avoiding if you like the original.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by runitsjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Found it on sale after reading about it from Lisa Eldridge, so I took a chance on it.

For the price, there's nothing fancy or unique about the packaging.

When I used it, it smelled really bad and was really oily and greasy. I have Eucerin and Vaseline products that I can just use to the same effect that don't smell as awful and are cheaper. I ended up returning it the same day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read tons of fashion magazine from the US, UK, France, Japan (yes, but I only look at the images). There is always the same advice: Eight Hour is the wonder cream that you can use on every inch of your skin. (even if it contains parabens...)
So I overcame my rejection of parabens and I decided to buy it.
Actually, in Italy this cream is more difficult to find than a Japanese who doesn't love Prada, but after a long research I found it.
After one week of use I can say that it's smelly, sticky and oily but it is really effective.
The first night I warmed it in my hands then I splatted it everywhere: face, lips, elbows, knees and heels. Gross! I disgusted myself (and sadly my husband too), but the morning after my face glowed and my body was supersoft.
And I slept just four or five hours!
Nothing like that happened when I use La Mer or Sisley or La Prairie.
Of course, its effect depends on the condition of your skin, but if you have normal/dry skin without any problem like me, you'll be amazed by Eight Hour!
UPDATE 12/10: WARNING! After two weeks, I have noticed some pimples on my cheeks and around my lips.
So please, be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Ally112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been purchasing Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream for about 7-8 years and it really is worth the price, I started using this product when I was 16 and working in a department store, a friend who was working oppisite on the Arden counter suggested I use it on my dry lips and face during winter one day and I've never looked back!
I like to use it as a moisturizer and for chapped lips and it looks fantastic as a lip gloss!

Put it on your Xmas list for sure!