Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

Water, Silica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Beeswax, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Behenyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Acrylates/C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Chlophenesin, Fragrance, Dethylhexyl 2, 6 Naphthalate, BHT, Trideceth 6, Propylene Glycol 7/10/2013

on 8/28/2011 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

HG sunscreen product for the face. Dries silky and matte, and actually helps to keep the oilies away. I use it much like a primer as it seems to smooth my skin and absorb oil.

on 8/18/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This sunscreen is great for my oily/sensitive/rosacea skin; does not clog pore/make me break out. Con: not recommended when you're going to sweat (gym/play sports), it burns the eyes... all in all it goes on smooth does not leave a greasy feel or appearance. I am happy to finally find a product that works for my sensitive/oily/rosacea skin. It is a great product and will be repurchasing :)
I read some previous reviews and was a little upset to see that some who have commented on the ingredient "Retinyl Palmitate" have NOT done proper research.... I search all my beauty products and ingredients from a particular site/source and have not been let down...
In brief, studies on this ingredient are not 100% conslusive; more research needs to be done!!!

on 7/30/2011 5:22:00 PM

What I look for in a sunscreen:
Doesn't smell like sunscreen [check]
Feels lightweight on skin [check]

I know those are simple things to look for in a screen but it's surprisingly hard to find a sunscreen that feels more like a lotion and not a sunscreen with enough sun protection. I like blending my sunscreen with whatever lotion I am wearing and this sunscreen works nicely. I used to hate wearing sunscreen because all the other brands I tried, I could always feel the sunscreen sitting on top of my skin. This sunscreen has because my HG sunscreen.

on 7/26/2011 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

-goes on smoothly
-keeps me from sunburning all day (even at beach in saltwater)
-non greasy
-do white residue (i hate that)

-only for face (clumped and looked like peeling skin on body)

This is really a great product. Its quite expensive, but I think if you only use it on your face, its a good investment that will last awhile. Ive had my product for about a year now and I love it! however, when applied to your body it does rub off (it looks like dead skin) so it made my skin look as if I was already peeling before I was burned! Besides this, I really like how it leaves no white cast on your face or greasy-ness :) Has a normal sunscreen smell, could be better (but im not picky about smells)

on 7/26/2011 4:28:00 PM

This is the only sunscreen at the drugstore I have found that does not (1) break me out or (2) make me turn into a greaseball. I put this on every morning before I step outside, and haven't had any major problems with it! I really like it!

on 7/23/2011 6:06:00 AM

Only tried it a few times, however, it doesn't break me out like the cheap stuff, and doesn't pill at least when you apply. After awhile it pills, it could just be how I applied it tho. I did get a little pink, however, i didn't wait more than 15 minutes. Looking forward to try it again and use it properly hopefully it continues to work.

on 6/25/2011 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It does feel pretty light on, protects really well and doesn't clog my pores. I have read some reviews on it and a lot of people say that it keeps them shine free. Not my case! It doesn't mattify anything on my face, far from that! And none of my foundations hold up well if I use this sunscreen (yes, I am quite oily). I tend to use it only when I am going to spend the whole day outside or during the weekend. I never use it on working days as my made-up face turns into a mess in no time with this on. I much prefer a good foundation/other make-up products with SPF for that. But overall it's a very good product and I would re-purchase!

on 6/15/2011 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this yesterday, and used it on my neck and arms, it feels cooling and soothing on the skin, now that Im reading it contains retinyl palmitate, I will have to return it, last thing I want is another blotchy sunburn on my decolette.

on 6/8/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have the oilyest skin ever and this is the only moisturizer that doesnt make me shine for a while, and yes i use it as a moistuizer as well as a sunscreen.

It did not cause an allergic reaction for me and did not clog my pores.

The price is proper as well ($14 or 11 on sale), and can be found at any SDM in canada.

I have been using this for a week or a little longer and i plan on using it forever, even in the winter. It is truly DRY TOUCH.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this sun screen so much on my first try that I came on to write a review. I decided to read a few comments first and I'm grateful that I did. One of the first reviews I read highlighted the dangers of one of the ingredients: Retinyl Palmitate. So I read up on it. Here is an article from last year from the New York Times. I urge you to read it in full--and scroll all the way downs :

So with all of these experts weighing in in this manner it begs the question--WHY IS THIS INGREDIENT ALLOWED IN PRODUCTS BY THE FDA???

For those of you who just want the basics, this ingredient has caused an acceleration of the growth of cancerous tumors in rats who were exposed to it. And understand this: The ingredient seems dangerous ONLY WHEN EXPOSED TO THE SUN.

How does Neutrogena have the nerve to use such an ingredient in so many of its products?

Further, this particular sunscreen has an American Cancer Society seal on the front of the tube. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE???

I have long known that the FDA is utterly unreliable but what is going on with ACS? I will call them and check back in. Watch this space.