October 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I received this in the "Birthday Girl" gift set, and unfortunately, I hated it. The smell was absolutely unbearable. The consistency was really gloppy and oily, like melted Neosporin. And a few minutes after applying it, my lips were already dry and chapped. I'll stick with my C.O. Bigelow lip balm. Kiss Me was definitely NOT for me... :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(This is a review for Kiss Me Rose)The quality and feel of this balm is quite nice. Mine leaves a nice minty tingle on the lip, very soothing. It's strictly for moisturizing, cannot detect any tint at all. My biggest grip is that I live in canada and as soon as the weather gets cold this balm turns hard and I am left squeezing the tube until my hands are sore, knuckles turn white and veins popping out yet still the balm does not budge. I was told by the SA at Sephora to be careful in the summer time (don't leave it in your pockets and purse) as they are known to "ooze out" - yikes! Will not be repurchasing, it's too much work for me :p ps - I am a big fan of philosophy lip shines thou, I'd recommend those over the kiss me formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by gchris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Sheer red color looks great.
Great shine.
Easy application.

Cons: Feels like vaseline on your lips and while it is moisturizing, there are
better lip balms out there that do not feel greasy.
Citrus taste is ok but not great.
The horrible taste of petrolium is ever evident.

Would not repurchase!
UPDATE: This stuff is crap, does not hydrate your lips just makes them feel slick so they are still dry and you have to constantly reapply.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by saucymint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this red lip balm as part of a gift set, and I was quite disappointed with it. There's no way I'd dish out $10 on it. I find it no more special than any of the less expensive tinted lip balms out there. The ultra-sheer purpley-red color is okay, but nothing truly amazing or especially flattering. The citrusy smell and flavor does get sickening. Plus, for some strange reason, it's incredibly hard to get out of the tube. You have to squeeze very hard to get even the smallest morsel out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bunnychick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color of this product, it makes my lips look soft and glowy. I don't like the smell and taste of the product. It is horrible and overpowering.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfPink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love everything about this except the smell. It makes me nautious, and therefore I can't wear it. Teh color is beautiful, the packaging is easy -- if you can get over the smell, go for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by benette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a citrusy smell which is ok at first, but after awhile it's off-putting. It *is* very emollient as they say, which I like in a balm, but if you accidentally eat while wearing it you're going to taste chemical. The slight red tinge doesn't show too much on me but it's nice. It's a little hard to get out of the tube though, and it's very plain looking (which I don't really care about, except that for 10 bucks they could try harder).
Overall it's not too bad but I wouldn't repurchase. I prefer the Neutrogena clean tinted balms. I haven't used it on a regular basis but if I notice any drying I'll edit.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2006 12:33:00 AM More reviews by KRP1

This gloss smells OK, and even has a decent color, but it drys my lips out horribly. I would never purchase it agian and didn't even come close to finishing the pot that I purchased!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by allsmiles123

I received this product in a Winter Survival set. I definitely would NOT purchase this again, but I'm trying to use this up because I hate wasting products. They have some nerve to sell this product separately for $10 (I could buy 10 pots of Carmex or 2 Rimmel lipglosses). My biggest complaint is that it makes my lips hurt or burn or something, it's just not a pleasant feeling. I also don't like the greasy feeling. The packaging is so cheap looking. I gave it 2 lippies because I like the tinge of color it has.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by virginiagirl11

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this lip balm in a Philosophy kit I purchased from Sephora. I like this lip balm but won't purchase it again. Reasons: 1) Honestly, I feel like it's drying my lips out after it wears off. My lips are kind of chapping even though it's not that cold out. 2) It's hard to squeeze out of the tube. 3) Nothing special.

I love the smell, like the feel of it on my lips, like how it looks, and don't care how it tastes. However, I feel like it's drying my lips out, and for the price I don't think it's worth it. I'd like it to have a bit more of a tint as well. I'll move on to something else next time.

Update 11/20: I've accidentally tasted it several times now. Pretty nasty.