Lancome Blush Subtil Shimmer - Miel Glace 23

4.5

PTFE, nylon-12, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, triisocetyl citrate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, acrylates copolymer, cetyl dimethicone, fragrance, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben [ red 36 (ci 12085) - red 6 (ci 15850) - red 7 (ci 15850) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - red 21 (ci 45380) - red 30 (ci 73360) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - barium sulfate (ci 77120) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 92, 99) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - zinc oxide (ci 77947) - mica]

on 6/21/2009 5:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

WOW

This is a fabulous product. I have very fair skin. NC 20- I have dark auburn hair (which I suppose is actually still a light shade of hair). I have grey eyes and my skin freckles easily.

I use this as an all over powder. I use a large brush and sweep it over eyes, t-zone, cheeks...its gives a beautiful glow that is the perfect shade for my pale skin.

I do not wear alot of make up. I usually use Philosophy the present, a dab of MAC Lilicent...and then I do a sweep of this...and then do my eyebrows, mascara, and ls and lg. I love powder blushes and bronzers and use a few of them the same way, but this is definitely one of my favs. I will be getting a back up.

This is shimmery, but not loud and crazy shimmery....its just enough and it does not turn orange...its sort of a medium beige color with a bit of mauve in it...just a bit and maybe a bit of a golden color in there as well. Overall though, it is very light. "Subtil" describes it perfectly!!

on 6/5/2009 12:10:00 AM

I got a sample of this years and years ago and first thought it was just to pale to look like anything. I was so wrong! On fair skinned people, this is just the most darling color. You really can't apply it wrong. It's sort of pinky, sort of nude. I always had a problem with other blush breaking my cheeks out and this is oil free and doesn't seem to cause me to break out. It's soooo expensive, but will last forever. I haven't had this in a while, waiting for a lancome special to buy this. Pale skinned people, you can't go wrong with this for everyday wear.

on 6/4/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite blush. It gives a beautiful glow that makes you look fresh and bright. Plus, the shimmer in this blush is extremely fine and not just chunks of glitter. I don't care much for the brush, I just use my ecotools powder brush!

on 6/3/2009 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meil glace is one of my favorite blushes. It's a beautiful light nude blush with some fine shimmer that creates a glow. I find this much more flattering than a bronzer on me, and similar in use. Color is a nude peachy pink beige. I was using NARS Madly for this look but Madly was just too orange on me (if you have a darker skintone and MG doesn't show up try Madly!). If you like Meil Glace, you also may like Benefit Dandelion which is less beige and more peachy, but similar to the Meil Glace. For me, these light blushes just look more natural. There is a slight scent but it goes away.

on 4/24/2009 5:48:00 PM

this is my HG blush, even though its super expensive. its totally worth it! it gives me a natural flush with a little shimmer. i have to be light handed though, it else I end up looking like a doll. i highly recommend this blush!

on 4/24/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have medium skin & thought that this blush would be too light for me but it turned out pretty nice. It gave me a light glow and looks very natural. it's too sparkly & too tense of a color so it's a perfect choice for the office but prob not dramatic enough for night time. Another bonus, it's lasts all day.

on 4/22/2009 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Early review, but this may be a HG for me. NW15 (pale and slightly cool), and with on and off rosacea of the 'flushing' variety, so I've always avoided blush entirely--you start to really hate 'pink' in your cheeks and do anything to avoid it. However, lately I've been really getting into makeup and have learned how to apply my foundation really well to cover the unevenness from rosacea...which means I end up with not enough color and looking a bit ashen.

So I've been trying to find a blush that will work for me. Most things I have tried have been too pigmented or too sparkly for my taste (cream blushes, UD 'afterglow' blushes, the usual NARS suspects, etc), but I saw Miel Glace in the store and fell in love. It gives just the hint of color I am looking for and I don't have to worry about over-applying it with my inexperienced hand. Like other Lancome products it is lightly scented, but this does not bother me (I like the scent). It is expensive but a good amount of product. The small brush included seems useless and I'm not sure they should bother with it, honestly.

If you are just beginning with blush or are very pale and worried about looking like a clown, this is an excellent place to start.

on 4/9/2009 10:18:00 PM

On my pale coloring (NW10) Miel Glace looks more brown with a hint of rose and looks more bronzer than blush on me ...... but let me add, that I really love this ....... I do have to be careful to apply just a bit, so I use my skunk brush and apply to my cheekbones and it really defines the lines ...... I recommend this to other PPPs as myself..

on 3/15/2009 8:51:00 PM

This has been my main blush for years! I always seem to come back to it.

On me, it is a nice, subtle, neutral pinkish-beige. It is very natural looking and gives a healthy glow to my face. It is not sparkly, does not emphasize pores, and has not broken me out - which is shocking to me, as it is fairly fragranced. Oh, and it is oil free (according to Lancome), which is a definite bonus!

This is a sheer blush and it is quite buildable. IMO, it is really hard to overdo it with this blush. It looks much darker in the compact then it really is.

My only complaint is the fragrance. I really wish Lancome would make their makeup scent-free, as I cannot stand the smell. I am actually on the hunt for a similar blush right now, as I am finding the scent is too much for me now. I will keep repurchasing this until I find a good dupe, as I love this shade.

I like the compact, but always toss the little junky brush. It takes me quite a long time to go though it, so it is well worth the $ to me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is an absolutely stunning blush for everyday wear. It gives a very nice pinky glow to the cheeks without looking gaudy. I was a little hesitant at first while trying it in the department store's terrible lights that I wouldnt like it and that I'd probably not want to keep it, but boy was I surprised when I got home and tried it out!! Its a difficult color to describe, all I can say is just go to your closest Lancome counter and give it a test. I will defiantly buy it again.

Popular Blush Products