April 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Blush - Lancome - Blush Subtil Shimmer - Miel Glace 23

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Meil glace is one of my favorite blushes. It's a beautiful light nude blush with some fine shimmer that creates a glow. I find this much more flattering than a bronzer on me, and similar in use. Color is a nude peachy pink beige. I was using NARS Madly for this look but Madly was just too orange on me (if you have a darker skintone and MG doesn't show up try Madly!). If you like Meil Glace, you also may like Benefit Dandelion which is less beige and more peachy, but similar to the Meil Glace. For me, these light blushes just look more natural. There is a slight scent but it goes away.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ftiandfrh

this is my HG blush, even though its super expensive. its totally worth it! it gives me a natural flush with a little shimmer. i have to be light handed though, it else I end up looking like a doll. i highly recommend this blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dragonfly16

I have medium skin & thought that this blush would be too light for me but it turned out pretty nice. It gave me a light glow and looks very natural. it's too sparkly & too tense of a color so it's a perfect choice for the office but prob not dramatic enough for night time. Another bonus, it's lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by erynnia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Early review, but this may be a HG for me. NW15 (pale and slightly cool), and with on and off rosacea of the 'flushing' variety, so I've always avoided blush entirely--you start to really hate 'pink' in your cheeks and do anything to avoid it. However, lately I've been really getting into makeup and have learned how to apply my foundation really well to cover the unevenness from rosacea...which means I end up with not enough color and looking a bit ashen.

So I've been trying to find a blush that will work for me. Most things I have tried have been too pigmented or too sparkly for my taste (cream blushes, UD 'afterglow' blushes, the usual NARS suspects, etc), but I saw Miel Glace in the store and fell in love. It gives just the hint of color I am looking for and I don't have to worry about over-applying it with my inexperienced hand. Like other Lancome products it is lightly scented, but this does not bother me (I like the scent). It is expensive but a good amount of product. The small brush included seems useless and I'm not sure they should bother with it, honestly.

If you are just beginning with blush or are very pale and worried about looking like a clown, this is an excellent place to start.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On my pale coloring (NW10) Miel Glace looks more brown with a hint of rose and looks more bronzer than blush on me ...... but let me add, that I really love this ....... I do have to be careful to apply just a bit, so I use my skunk brush and apply to my cheekbones and it really defines the lines ...... I recommend this to other PPPs as myself..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Jeana

This has been my main blush for years! I always seem to come back to it.

On me, it is a nice, subtle, neutral pinkish-beige. It is very natural looking and gives a healthy glow to my face. It is not sparkly, does not emphasize pores, and has not broken me out - which is shocking to me, as it is fairly fragranced. Oh, and it is oil free (according to Lancome), which is a definite bonus!

This is a sheer blush and it is quite buildable. IMO, it is really hard to overdo it with this blush. It looks much darker in the compact then it really is.

My only complaint is the fragrance. I really wish Lancome would make their makeup scent-free, as I cannot stand the smell. I am actually on the hunt for a similar blush right now, as I am finding the scent is too much for me now. I will keep repurchasing this until I find a good dupe, as I love this shade.

I like the compact, but always toss the little junky brush. It takes me quite a long time to go though it, so it is well worth the $ to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an absolutely stunning blush for everyday wear. It gives a very nice pinky glow to the cheeks without looking gaudy. I was a little hesitant at first while trying it in the department store's terrible lights that I wouldnt like it and that I'd probably not want to keep it, but boy was I surprised when I got home and tried it out!! Its a difficult color to describe, all I can say is just go to your closest Lancome counter and give it a test. I will defiantly buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so basically I picked this up because I wanted to get a really cute Lancome GWP my counter was offeriing. I had read reviews here on how gorgeous this was and the price was exactly what I needed to score the gift. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised when I applied this and saw what a beautiful natural glow it gave to my cheeks. This looks ho-hum in the pan, but make your cheeks wonderfully glowy in a "hey, this is how I wake up every day of my life" kind of way. A fairly generous amount of product for $29.50 USD. Definitely a good "standard" blush to have in your stash, I have seen this blush word on a variety of skin tones, from very pale to tawny, it seems to just make compliment each one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is no. 23 in the "Blush Subtil Shimmer" range.

Just adding my "oooh" to all the "aaahs" here. Truly wondrous on the very pale of skin, very lightly freckled, and red-haired. My trusty Clinique Aglow let me down - turned orange on me - and I can't wear second favourite, Aveda Apricot Glow, for more than a few hours without some irritation starting up. So I turned to the good people of MUA for help in finding a new everyday YBB blusher.

Miel Glacé looks quietly beige in the pan, applies like a dream, and looks like a hint of natural colour once on the face: a delicate pink-beige-peach. Less of the peachy-orange and brownish-mud than in many blushers that are half-way to a bronzer (ex. Clinique Aglow before it turned on me). Light, slightly glimmery, but no discernible glitter and certainly none of those glittery sparkly bits. Very slight pleasant rose scent - if you stick your nose close to the pan.

As I've always found with Lancôme so far, zero reactions (and my skin tends to be sensitive). Contains neither talc nor bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163).

100% recommended for the similarly-complexioned: pale blue, cool- to neutral-toned, with the warming elements of slight freckling and red hair. It is a very close second to my current favourite blusher, Clinique Iced Lotus: pale cool pink; easier to apply perfectly fast than the Miel. That's really my slight peeve: the Clinique Blushing Blushes some with a very good brush, the Lancôme brush included is not very good, and it takes quite a lot of finicky swirling and blending and so on to get it on right. My best solution was to use the brush from an old Clinique Aglow. Still working on it, and so the Iced Lotus remains my favourite for sheer ease and speed of application - a no-brainer for mornings before work, when one has no brain - while the Miel is for when I have a little more time for makeup.

Part of the current North American Lancôme range; no longer available in Europe, but it does turn up on eBay fairly regularly. I happened to get one here in Dublin as some pharmacies have been getting rid of their old stock and Christmas gift specials; after hunting in a couple of places, I struck gold, and at 50% off. Well worth hunting down. Lancôme blushers tend to be about EUR 33 to 35 here, for a good-sized 6 g. Nice and solid packaging.

Delighted to see that the company's animal testing policy has been changing progressively over the last few years, some of the products no longer being tested at all at present, and with a view to the new EU legislation coming in.

INGREDIENTS (from the box): PTFE, nylon-12, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, triisocetyl citrate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, acrylates copolymer, cetyl dimethicone, fragrance, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben [± red 36 (ci 12085) - red 6 (ci 15850) - red 7 (ci 15850) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - red 21 (ci 45380) - red 30 (ci 73360) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - barium sulfate (ci 77120) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 92, 99) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - zinc oxide (ci 77947) - mica]
continued >>

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MadHungarian

I use this with Lancome's highlighting brush over a mauve colored blush. It gives a healthy glow when I'm looking tired. There is probably a less expensive brush you could use.