July 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot get enough of this lipstick! Bold, metallic brick brown red with flecks of gold shimmer, this color is quickly becoming one of my favorites, especially for fall but I could easily wear this all year long simply because I ADORE the one of a kind shade this is, like a vintage matte movie star red while at the same time ultra modern. A very unique shade and I would highly recommend if you're in the mood to make a statement.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

Like a previous reviewer, I wish I could give this 3 1/2 lippies. This is gorgeous but I just don't have many occasions to wear it. I'm an MMM/GGG and this brownish/red shows as a true medium red to me, sometimes fading to an orangey/pink red, with golden sparkles. It is a truly pretty shade but the sparkles make this a little too show-stopping for me to wear a lot (I work in a casual law office where a little sparkle is usually ok). And though red/brown is one of my favorite everyday lip shades, Fresh Moroccan, with its sparkles and its tendency to looking lighter-than-a-neutral-brown/red on me, is just too much of an "only for rare special occasions or outfits" lipstick for me to consider this all that great. I love putting on this stunning color, and I love the trademark MAC vanilla scent too, but I don't think I can say I love WEARING this out, I just put it on, admire it, and wish that I could actually wear it out somewhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by retro_vertigo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

'Oh, wow'. Those were the exact words that my BF said when I put this color on for the first time. And I'd have to agree with him. This color seems to have been made for me. For the record, I'm a NW15 with dark auburn hair. I look pretty good in deep red lip colors, but this is one of the prettiest reds I've ever worn. Fresh Moroccan is a brownish red with lots of bronze sparkle. This color on me just looks exotic, not exotic dancer exotic, just kind of mysterious and very sexy. I donít find it all that similar to O (also one of my faves). The sparkle in Fresh Moroccan is glitter, albeit small glitter and the base is a slightly warm, matte brick. O, on me anyways, is a definite plum red with a gold/bronze sheen; itís more of a metallic shimmer as opposed to glitter. However, I can see the comparison in that theyíre both very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 5:23:00 PM More reviews by emanseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a really nice,unique color. it looks kind of orangey in the tube, but comes off a little redder, and not too warm when applied. it looks great when mixed with a light frosty gloss, i use stila pink shine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2004 2:04:00 AM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shade description

From MAC website: A real rich brick with a golden shimmer (Frost)
Myself: A dark raspberry with gold shimmer with a maroon undertone and a dark pink edge :D. Yes, it's a beautiful colour!

Comments

I've wanted to try this for ages, and I'm glad I have! I haven't tried 'O', so I won't be able to compare the two lipsticks.

Fresh Moroccan is a festive red lip colour which isn't too bold, isn't too red, and is seriously just nice for a sophisticated red lip shade. Fresh Moroccan, to my eyes, is a neutral red. I wouldn't say this is Hollywood Gwen-Stefani Red. It isn't quite so bold. Still, this is a must-have for anyone who loves reds. I can see this working for a wide range of skintones!

My coloring

Yellow-beige Chinese Asian NC35 with jet black hair and very dark brown eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a beautiful red shade on me! It's much like "O" but warmer with more bronze/copper to it. I usually can't wear shades like this but luckily this one works on me. It has a beautiful goldish shimmer for me. It will be perfect for the holiday season.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2004 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lldemosthenesll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Because of my skin tone, Fresh Moroccan is an ideal red for me. I'm asian, but my skin varies a lot depending on how often I make it to the beach, so I need a very versatile lipstick in order to keep up with my skin tone, and Fresh Moroccan does a great job! It is a reddish, copper tone on me, with a slight metallic shine to it. I pair it with its perfect match: Lancome's Rasinberry lipliner so my lips look flawless. Using liner, I've never experienced any feathering. I usually reapply lipstick very often out of habit, so I don't really know if it fades a lot. This is a strong color, so I'd suggest using it with a classic neutral look for your eyes. Fresh Moroccan will do the rest. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 1:34:00 AM More reviews by neicy81

This is a lipstick I didn't like at first but now love. I didn't like it because I thought it was too orange-red for my skin tone and generally stayed away from warm toned lipsticks.But having accepted that I am actually warm toned, I fell in love with this orange red shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2004 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ambient28

Very glamorous golden red- brown with shimmer AND sparkles. The finish is almost matte but you don't even miss it because it's so brilliant. Wears fairly well, even with the feathering problem mentioned by other reviewers. MAC vanilla scented, of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 9:29:00 AM More reviews by dusty

This is just a beautiful deep reddish-brown color (on me) & I love it over Mahogany liner with a touch of Clear Lipglass. This one, because of the glitter I suppose) does make my lips dry. It's worth it for the color occasionly.