July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

orange... is all i have to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by azgirl58l

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this tanner with no problems this is my second year of use. I never have streaking or blotches.
My Prep:
I do not exfoliate before use. I do use a different method where I lightly lotion up first paying attention to my hands, ankles, knees, and joints so I don't get extra color in those spots. I rub in regular lotion on my hands so they do not absorb the product and turn color.

Application:
Shake the bottle well. Starting with about a quarter size dollop for each leg, squeeze it out onto your palm and then rub palm side of hands together lightly once, or twice in a circle then start smoothing it on. Hint: I do this so the color in the product is stirred together before going onto my skin. Start on your high thigh rubbing in overlapping circles and work your way down the leg careful not to rub it all in one spot - think this amount is going to cover your whole leg. Lightly smooth and cover the whole leg before you really rub it in. You can always put on another layer. For arms start with a smaller dollop - stay away from your elbows, wrist and finger joints. It is best to scrub your hands in between the arms and the legs application. When I use on my chest I use a very small amount so it looks natural. Recoat with lotion on your hands before moving on to the other body part.

Misc:
I never have turned orange but I do not pile this product on - I am patient and know that if I go slow I will get a great result with a natural looking color. I have used Tan Towel and a few other brands and I did not get as good a result. This product has a smell but not as strong as some others. It does have very light glitter in it, but I kind of like that glistening. It does have bronzer in it so you have some immediate color make sure it is dry before you put your clothes on!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sofa86

I thought I looked awesome when I put this product on!....then I took a shower and had the worst splotching of my life. I exfoliated before I used this product and not 1 body part looked normal after I showered. It wouldn't be so bad if it easily scrubbed off but I was lobster red trying to get it off. The color was not orange on me but the splotching is awful. I don't know what to do with this product now so in the garbage it goes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this Self Tanner about 2 years ago, it gave a nice tan but... the color was really uneven color and it washing off the next day. After shower, my skin started to become all spotty and the towel was the worst. For this reason I used it only for legs but honestly.. sometimes I looked like a clown.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sunshinegirl94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst self tanners on the market. I bought it because I ran out of true blue spa bronze bombshell, which I believe has been discontinued, thinking that it would give me an even instant tan. I put it on at night after exfoliating and it looked fairly even, when I woke up the tan was streaky orange all over including on my face, and it's taken six days of exfoliating and not applying any kind of tanner to get back to an even color. The smell is awful and also take's days to get rid of. I would not buy this product again. The only upside to this product is that the packaging is easy to use, and I liked the glitter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where to begin. I'm so torn on this product. The smell is hands down the worst thing I've ever put on my skin. And showering the day after, eww the steam from the shower just brought the smell to life again. Sick. I can look past the glitter. That washes away. It wasn't really "instant action". I shaved, exfoliated well, and moisturized because my skin is super dry after showers. I think I turned 94 years old while I was rubbing this in. Reviews on multiple sites said be sure to 'work fast and rub in well'. Goodness I don't know how much longer I could have spent doing so. My palms went numb. I guess I was just so pale to begin with?? But the lower part of my legs were streaky. The only place I liked the results were my arms. But near my wrists, seriously orange. My stomach area looked yellow for some reason. I don't know what I did wrong with this. I'll try it again....eventually....when I get some bravery. Ah. I wish my favorite self tanner was somewhere to be found!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by mhmthatsright

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product smells like death. Also, i turned a green/yellow color, similar to if i had a liver disease (i don't?)
This definitely isn't my first self tanner, so I know how to properly apply,exfoliate, etc. However, I had streaks all up and down my legs and arms. Horrible product, absolute waste of time and money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by kwilson143

I don't know what they meant by streak free, but I think our definitions are not on the same page! I cleansed, I exfoliated, and I apply evenly. It looked greenish when I first applied and then turned orange by the next morning with splotches and streaks on my arms and legs. I hate that I wasted my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HORRIBLE product. I used this thinking I would get natural tan results or at best, a nice skin tone in the Winter, instead it came out Orange, streaky just dreadful. The smell is horrific even when I mixed it with my Burt's Bee Baby lotion which is YUM, by the way..... I would never suggest this product- How dare Eva Longoria make us think that her skin color is due to this product..LOL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by nysq2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gives a rich, dark tan with no streaks, after only one application. But it takes forever to dry and makes me break out severely.