April 18, 2014 | 1838 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by rubie17

omg! this product burnt my skin! i used it as a mask one day and the next morning i had broken out so bad! i assummed that the mask had purged my pores or whatever, so i used it as a cleanser this time and washed my face with it and used a washcloth, then i had realized that my red washcloth was turning white because the cleanser had bleached it right away! the next day my sister saw my face and said that what i thought were bumps on my left cheek were actually really bad burns! i still have scars from it and that was two months ago. do not use this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by carmenle22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i usually use neutrogena facial cleanser Acne Wash but wanted to try somehting different since our skin changes with age. I did not like this product because made my skin too greesy and did not prevent furture blemishes or acne. Philosophy Purity cleanser is better bit more expensive but love that my skin felt fully clean and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This cleanser is HG-amazing, I'm so glad I found it! I don't know what's been going on with my skin lately, for the last several months I've basically had one or two blemishes SOMEWHERE on my face at all times and some clogged pores too. Its been very frustrating. Since I've started using this cleanser- no more of that. I can't believe how effective this has been for me, and I noticed an improvement right away. I almost want to call this a miracle product- it dried up my blemishes and the little plugs inside my pores now practically fall out on their own. Yes I know that's gross but it's very satisfying when a skincare product yields results like that. And on top of everything else, my skin has been less oily generally speaking. Loving this!
Now as you can imagine, this cleanser is really strong and also quite drying. I would not recommend this for those with sensitive or drier skins. There is a bracing, tingling sensation on my face whenever I apply this, but it doesn't bother me at all and I've experienced no irritation. I have only used this as a mask once so far and I had no problem leaving it on for the recommended 5 minutes, I could have even left it on for longer. I think it's kind of neat that I can use this product as both a cleanser and a mask too.
I just couldn't be happier with this cleanser, I'm so glad I finally found something that cleared my face up once and for all. This product probably isn't for everybody but it's definitely for me! I plan to stock up and hoard as many tubes of this as I can simply because everything I love seems to wind up discontinued. This is terrific! Effective, fast-acting, and inexpensive too- what more could you ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to say this, but I will not repurchase this product. I'm sticking with my Clean & Clear wash! I do love that this has benzoyl peroxide, but honestly there are a lot better BP cleansers on the market that will not make your face as red. I have persistent hormonal chin acne and while using this, some of my acne was brought to the surface (which I expected). I didn't have any dryness or peeling (thank god!). But overall, this product irritated the crap out my face and I'm NOT allergic to BP. My face looked a lot more red and my acne scars and hyperpigmentation were darkened because of this cleanser. If any of you have experienced the same side effects from using this product, I would personally recommend either trying out Clean & Clear's Continous Acne Control Acne Cleanser (with 10% bp) or PanOxyl. These products control my acne just as good (if not better) and do not make my face as red or irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ameliaavenuee

I'm 18 years old, and always had trouble with my face. It was never too bad, nobody would say I had "acne"- as in a problem with it, but I constantly had a slight break out at least. I finally found this product after skin ID stopped being made and it's amazing. It's the only thing thats actually cleared up my face, not only getting rid of blemishes but also making it less red (I'm a redhead with fair skin, so a red face kind of comes with the trade). I hardly have to use foundation anymore, just to even out my skin, and no concealer. I use it twice a day, and then at least twice a week as a mask, and I absolutely love it. I have weird skin, thats gets oily throughout the day but dries out really easily, and this was perfect for it. I definitely recommend it for anyone like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by heycourtanayxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

okay I have only used this once so it may not be the best review. Anyways I evenly distributed on my face and left it on as you would any mask. After i took it off my face was RED RED RED!! It looked like I had been in the sun all day and my face felt hot, not sure what was going on but regardless I don't use it anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Bersey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I had to depart from this product after soooo many years of using it. This came to the rescue when I was breaking out during my teens years. In no time, this cleared up my acne and I was relieved. Butttt, just this past summer, Neutrogena decided to stop making them. I dont know but for whatever reason, that was the worse choice they could possibly have made. I was furious because they were no where to be found! I then had to find another solution to clearing my acne and I went with the Oil-Free Acne wash -- which dried out my face to the point where it hurt to smile. It came back two months later and I bought three just in case they decided to stop making them AGAIN. Well, turns out, my face wasn't used to it anymore and I started to break out badly. I returned all three bottles and currently, still on the look out for the cleanser that suits my skins needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by mags8

This stuff is a godsend! So much so that I felt compelled to write a review. I have been suffering from moderate-"holy crap look at my face" acne for several months now. Not something that a 20+ something woman should ever expect at this stage in the game. Must've been for all those years that I did not suffer from a single spec on my face. Well let me tell you, when stuff really hit the fan last summer, I didn't know what to do. Like most of us, I panicked and went out to buy everything to try whatever I could. I went from purchasing the usual stuff with salicylic acid and when that didn't work, I moved on over to using the glycolic acids, which somewhat helped. My face always had a new pimple it seemed, and not just any pimple...large, painful ones that I'd swear would grow in a matter of minutes. I went from wearing absolutely no makeup to foundation just to cover it up. So finally when all else failed, I was browsing through the shelves of ulta and saw this cleanser. In about three days I saw massive improvements. In a two weeks, everything was essentially cleared up. I saw a dermatologist anyway but I swear this stuff is a miracle in a bottle. I guess my skin just responds a bit more to the benzyl peroxide. I still use this as a facial cleanser everyday and the only con is that my once oily skin has now become somewhat dry due to the drying nature of the peroxide. Despite that, I can't say I've got much to complain about this product. I highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashlyluvz9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I gave this product and overall rating of 2. Why? Like some other comments on here, after applying the mask to my face, no lie after 2 minutes I got that sensation like as if my face was going to burn and sizzle off. I immediately ran into my bathroom and washed the crap off and noticed that I had looked like I a fried lobster. It hurt like a mother eff-er. Now the thing about why I gave this a 2 was simply because this product literally BURNED my acne OFF followed by practically dunking my face in the sink full of cold water to sooth my face. This happened about an hour and a half ago. And I am glad that my redness is going away. But yeah, you get my point. If you have sensitive skin, DO NOT EVEN THINK about grabbing this product for you will look like a red-faced demon. Not cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Keltonbuddy18

BEST ACNE CLEARING PRODUCT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started to breakout really bad. My normal Acne system didn't do anything. So I went to Walgreens and I found this product. It is a cleanser and mask. 2in 1!!!!!!!!!!!1. Cleanser it works okay but as a Mask amazing. cleared my acne overnight,