October 24, 2014 | 1672 users online

Loose Powders - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2005 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Behave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can you say: Discoball? That's exactly how you'll look with this powder! I really wanted to love this, but I just made me look like a glitterball and you could see ALL my fine lines on my cheeks even if I applied it lightly with my skunk brush :( well, the search for a nice glow continues

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2005 12:34:00 AM More reviews by commercesd

If you like a dewey look, this is a great powder and will last a long time, because you really don't need much at all. It's more like a highlighter rather than an a whole face powder. Dust lightly on apples of cheeks and apply in corners of eyes, highlight the brow bone - even use as an eye shadow for a very natural, glowing look. The first time I used it, I got compliments all day long. People actually said I looked like I was glowing and they thought I had a secret. It's higher priced than regular translucent powders, but the effects are worth it and it still is a bargain compared to rip-off department store similar ones. I use it in Warm Glow since I have pale skin with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by amegrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a long time ago & started using it again recently. I have the lotion in Natural Light. I've been blending it on my cheekbones, eyebrowns, cupid bow, & bridge of nose. It has made my makeup look so much more fresh & glowing. Love it!! The only reason I would repurchase is because I think this tube will last a *long* time.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2005 1:49:00 PM More reviews by PolaskiePrizzide

First of all this stuff smells sooooo strong. I'm used to my L'Oreal Translucide, which doesn't really have a scent so that was annoying. Also this product is quite expensive for a drugstore product, but I got it free with my colorstay foundation so that's good. I have this in bare light, but I don't think the color makes that much of a difference for me because I use very very little. It is way too sparkly, really unnatural. What I do is take a tiny tiny bit with a fluffy brush and mix it with my translucide, then I brush it across my cheekbones and on my brow bones. It looks alright as a highlighter, but it is very easy to overapply. Also the packaging is crappy, because the brush is horrible and half the jar is just to hold the brush. So the jar is way too bulky. Actually I should probably give this even less than 2 lippies, but it does look pretty for evening or formal occassions.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by emcs

Well, i thought this was an allover face powder, but it isn't!! Far too glittery!! If used as a highlighter its good, just along the cheekbones and the eyebrow arch, great, but it doesn't look at all natural, so i was disapointed, but for those who wanna glitter then this will be good. I just put some on my shoulders when goin out now, and for that it works great, i can see this lasting for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by laurenhockey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought it was a face powder at first, I looked like a disco ball. Used as a light highlighter, it's fantastic. I would buy it again, but I can't imagine a situation where I would ever run out. It's an everyday product for me. I bought bare light and find it to be a few natural highlight color and a great way to tone down too bright eye shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by emcs

Was disapointed by this. I though i would get a glowing, naturally healthy look, but this is far too glittery! I got natural light, a good colour match for pale skin, but too much glitter! I tried mixing a little of this with my estee lauder lucidity light powder, and thats working a bit better, but i think this will be getting used for my body when i go out! Also very heavy feeling!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by emcs

I'm not sure about this product. Forever it seems i have been serching for a foundation and powder, or at least something to mix with a foundation, to give a glowing, illuminated look, non-powdery, yet non-oily, and non-glittery! But i'm beginning to think no such thing exists! This stuff is ok, i got it in pearl light, a whitish one. I mix it with colorstay foundation and it makes me look healthy, but you can see the particles on my face close up, like glitter, and it feels very heavy! The smell is nice but very strong and sometimes nips my skin as my face can't handle synthetic perfumes. I'd been wanting to try this for ages so i'm glad i did, but i doubt i will buy again.
    Edit - I've stopped using this on my face now, just wasn't what i was looking for, but have been putting it on my chest, arms and legs when going out at the weekend, topped with the skinlights loose powder, makes my body look brighter and more glowy, good for nights out, and i MAY repurchase it for this, but i might find something better, but nevertheless, its working much better for me on my body than my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Dina20

I purchased this in Bare Light to use for my wedding and it provided just the right amount of shimmer for my chest and shoulders. Its very subtle and not overly "glitterly" However, I found that it does fade fairly quickly but overall, a very nice product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Butterflynimue

I have this product in Bare Light and Natural Light, and I absolutely love it. I had originally wanted the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, but I thought it was too pricey. I looked around and finally found this, and I adore it. You only need a tiny bit, and it makes your face look dewy and glowing. Plus, there is a lot of product for the price. No matter what kind of day my face is having, after putting a little of this on my face looks much better. I only use it under my eyes and cheeks to brighten up my face.