December 20, 2014 | 1678 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent is very warm sophisticated scent. It is great for fall. I use it with a light hand because it can be too strong. I will buy this again but in the travel size since it will last a long time. I am going to try the lotion as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

I'm confused about this one (sort of)... About, ohh maybe 10 years ago I wore Rare Gold lotion and wow did I ever receive compliments on my fragrance... I mean it was out of this world... Fastforward about 8 years and my mom gives me Rare Gold edt I believe... well initially I was excited... I remembered how everyone loved the smell of that lotion on me, but the fragrance of the perfume is nowhere near the same... I think it's just too much on my skin, BUT I do love it on freshly aired bedsheets... clean smell mingling with a bit of orange blossom... nice! So for the past 2 years I've been using Rare Gold as a room spray and I do like it... (just never overdo it)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by mailytran82

I like this scent! I think that this is for older women in their early 30's. It is not too strong, but not lightly scented either. There is a musk to it, so it's not a fruity scent if that is what you're looking for. This is very similar to VS Rapture!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 3:03:00 AM More reviews by beboc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

MMMMMMMMMMM Amber! That is the main note that I get from this. This is definately a winter/fall fragrance for me. Very warm oriental floral fragrance. Works beautifully with my chemistry. I always buy this off ebay...super cheap. It too reminds me of a toned down Victoria's Secret Rapture!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2006 1:17:00 AM More reviews by struggler

Has a strong aroma. Didn't like it. Let's face it, fragrances are not avon's strong side.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2006 3:39:00 PM More reviews by HappySuzie

I think this smells like a lighter version on Rapture from VS. Which I think is a good thing because Rapture is too in my face!!!

This is sexy, warm, but low key.... my husband loves this scent. It lasts all day, into the next day!!!

The price is great when it's BOGO!!!!! A must for everyone who like warm florals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2006 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Pumpkin25

One of my favorite winter scents! Smells so warm, husband doesnt like it though but - who cares! (J/K)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my 4th bottle, yes, its THAT good. Amber, light musk, very warm fragrance for fall and winter it is a MUST! Very sophisticated... very original.. very anti- Jessica Simpson and britney spears scent. This is for the woman who is secure in who she is and doesnt want to smell like a carnival.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by nicca3610

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got a deal on this perfume. i was a little apprehensive because i sniffed Rare Sapphires first and it was an offensive scent to me. when i got Rare Gold, however, it is totally different. the scent opens up with a warm, floral tone. i can smell ylang-ylang and tuberose, i think. "Gold" is a perfect title for it. it's undeniably oriental floral. i sprayed a lot this morning and i can still smell its dry-down eight hours after. will i buy this again? no. but only because i don't stick to one perfume. and a bottle of this (1.7oz with its pretty fan-like glass cap and tear-drop shaped blown-glass look bottle) is enough for my adventurous olfactory sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 2:20:00 AM More reviews by karamy6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I discovered this fragrance when I told someone that I loved their Amarige and they replied that it was, in fact, Rare Gold by Avon. If you like Amarige (the original, not A. Extravagance), you'll almost certainly like it. And, being Avon, it is of course FAR cheaper.
After obtaining my own bottle and wearing it, I found that it's actually warmer and more amberish than Amarige (which I wear in the summer), though still quite similar. So I reserve Rare Gold for those times in the fall or winter when I want something more floral than my usual winter scents, and I still wear Amarige in the spring/summer.
Oh yes, as far as I know, it's only available as an eau de parfum, so if you normally wear eau de toilettes or eau de colognes, apply this with a lighter hand! I write that because I've been around those who spray Rare Gold much too liberally...