April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by asukaakaazuka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara does a good job volumnizing my lashes but it does clump a little bit and I think the formula is a bit dry. I've used this for a long time so I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by m1ch3ll13c

this mascara junkie loves this mascara!!! and i've tried all kinds of mascaras. def recommend if you want volume and length minus clump even after you curl 3x!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by alinke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot for everyday use. It gives great volume and a decent amount of curl to my super short, fine and blonde eyelashes. The length leaves a little to be desired, but it also holds up to my oily skin and doesn't end up under my eyes as much as most other mascaras I have tried. Best drugstore mascara I have used!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by bootchacka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im not understanding why people like this i found it disgusting. The formula was so clumpy. I have very thin short sparse lashes and this just didnt cut it for me. It was like clump in a tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AUG UPDATE: Flakes, clumps, flakes, clumps. It's a never ending battle. I think that I have spent upwards of $200+ trying to find a mascara that I like and I absolutely refuse to buy an HE brand. This one has too much volume, too many clumps and too many flakes. I had to keep brushing my face with my fan brush the entire time I was putting on my foundation, concealer and powder. I had black flakes all over my face. I must have combed my lashes at least twenty or thirty times on each eye...I will not be buying this again...It's a piece of overpriced junk!!!!!

I have been searching forever for a mascara ~ I finally found one that I liked and Maybelline discontinued it. So, my search is on again and I bought the Volume Express in the "turbo boost" formula.

This mascara is okay ~ I am not impressed. It gave me some volume, but not much length. I noticed some clumps and combed them out quickly. I wore this for about five hours and didn't notice any smudges. I purchased Very Black which is too black for my age and too black for daytime. I will use this a couple more times and report back. I may purchase this product again ~ the jury is still out on this one...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product isn't the best, but it is quite good. It didn't clump or smudge at ALL. Most mascaras when I apply them, no matter how I try not to, they almost always tend to smudge a bit along the line of my lashes, which I then have to remove with a q-tip, which often leads to my lashes clustering together.. Not pretty. That being said, it seperated quite well and lengthened a bit, but not so much the volume it's supposed to be known for. That being said, I prefer length over volume in a mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by stl

This is an okay product, nothing special. Doesn't really add volume, just made me lashes look more black. I applied tons of coats and it didn't really made much difference. I am normally using Benefit Bad Gal Lash, but I heard so much about Maybelline ones, I decided to give it a try, plus it's much much cheaper. But well, I'd still want to try some other drugstore brands, just not this mascara. Maybe some other Maybelline.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by pandaxen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium length, straight, fine and not-full-but-not-sparse-either lashes and sensitive eyes. I wanted some volume with the mascara but it didnt do much for me. Didnt irritate my sensitive eyes, coats my lashes nicely but thats about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by PiNKxxSUGARx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOOOVE THIS MASCARA.
no other mascara can do what this one does! it's absolutely incredible for the BOTTOM lashes..i don't particularly like it for my top lashes (rimmel sexy curves or cg lashblast does a better job) but it's still perfect if you aren't a fan of wearing eyeliner in your waterline during the day but you still want a little somethin somethin on your bottom lashes. most mascaras make my bottom lashes look spidery..and that is the worst possible thing, i'd rather wearing no mascara than have spidery lashes!
another thing... i've had the same tube for about a year (i know not very sanitary to use the same mascara for a year) but it has not dried up and the formula hasn't changed one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by IzzyGon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW is all i can say. Since my friend introduced me to this mascara about 6 years ago, I have not changed it. This is the best mascara I have ever tried. I always get compliments on my eyes ( i have big almond eyes). Everyone always asks if im wearing fake lashes!!! Although my lashes are light brown and blondish at the tip this mascara does a great job at touching each strand adn coating it perfectly. I saw below how some people were not successful. This mascara is probably not for people that have short lashes. IDK. all i nkow is that i have a technique to apply my mascara, it always makes my lashes look longer than they are ( i already have long lashes). The trick is on HOW you apply the mascara. A trick ive been using for years. FOr the price I am very happy and will never change my mascara. It also lasts for months! i ibelieve the longest ive kept mine was for 4 months. It was still good but I decided to toss it out for sanitary purposes. Anyways I would personally recommend this product. Its not that expensive to give it a try! I am very satisfied with my lashes . I will post some pictures on my profile for you to see!!!