Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

-when it comes to mascara, I look for a volumizing formula rather than a lengthening one...So I gave this one a try, since it is called "Volum" Express. It was clumpy.

This mascara does a good job volumnizing my lashes but it does clump a little bit and I think the formula is a bit dry. I've used this for a long time so I will not purchase again.

on 7/30/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this mascara junkie loves this mascara!!! and i've tried all kinds of mascaras. def recommend if you want volume and length minus clump even after you curl 3x!

on 7/6/2010 8:46:00 PM

I like this mascara a lot for everyday use. It gives great volume and a decent amount of curl to my super short, fine and blonde eyelashes. The length leaves a little to be desired, but it also holds up to my oily skin and doesn't end up under my eyes as much as most other mascaras I have tried. Best drugstore mascara I have used!

on 7/5/2010 11:00:00 AM

Im not understanding why people like this i found it disgusting. The formula was so clumpy. I have very thin short sparse lashes and this just didnt cut it for me. It was like clump in a tube.

on 6/30/2010 2:26:00 AM

AUG UPDATE: Flakes, clumps, flakes, clumps. It's a never ending battle. I think that I have spent upwards of $200+ trying to find a mascara that I like and I absolutely refuse to buy an HE brand. This one has too much volume, too many clumps and too many flakes. I had to keep brushing my face with my fan brush the entire time I was putting on my foundation, concealer and powder. I had black flakes all over my face. I must have combed my lashes at least twenty or thirty times on each eye...I will not be buying this again...It's a piece of overpriced junk!!!!!

I have been searching forever for a mascara ~ I finally found one that I liked and Maybelline discontinued it. So, my search is on again and I bought the Volume Express in the "turbo boost" formula.

This mascara is okay ~ I am not impressed. It gave me some volume, but not much length. I noticed some clumps and combed them out quickly. I wore this for about five hours and didn't notice any smudges. I purchased Very Black which is too black for my age and too black for daytime. I will use this a couple more times and report back. I may purchase this product again ~ the jury is still out on this one...

This product isn't the best, but it is quite good. It didn't clump or smudge at ALL. Most mascaras when I apply them, no matter how I try not to, they almost always tend to smudge a bit along the line of my lashes, which I then have to remove with a q-tip, which often leads to my lashes clustering together.. Not pretty. That being said, it seperated quite well and lengthened a bit, but not so much the volume it's supposed to be known for. That being said, I prefer length over volume in a mascara.

on 6/17/2010 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an okay product, nothing special. Doesn't really add volume, just made me lashes look more black. I applied tons of coats and it didn't really made much difference. I am normally using Benefit Bad Gal Lash, but I heard so much about Maybelline ones, I decided to give it a try, plus it's much much cheaper. But well, I'd still want to try some other drugstore brands, just not this mascara. Maybe some other Maybelline.

on 6/15/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have medium length, straight, fine and not-full-but-not-sparse-either lashes and sensitive eyes. I wanted some volume with the mascara but it didnt do much for me. Didnt irritate my sensitive eyes, coats my lashes nicely but thats about it.

I LOOOVE THIS MASCARA.
no other mascara can do what this one does! it's absolutely incredible for the BOTTOM lashes..i don't particularly like it for my top lashes (rimmel sexy curves or cg lashblast does a better job) but it's still perfect if you aren't a fan of wearing eyeliner in your waterline during the day but you still want a little somethin somethin on your bottom lashes. most mascaras make my bottom lashes look spidery..and that is the worst possible thing, i'd rather wearing no mascara than have spidery lashes!
another thing... i've had the same tube for about a year (i know not very sanitary to use the same mascara for a year) but it has not dried up and the formula hasn't changed one bit.