Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara wasn't for me. It has a nice, traditional brush and it makes my lashes look volumonous and natural looking. I'm super confused about this product though. I purchased the dark blue one that says it's waterproof, but when I looked here and on the website it says the dark blue is the regular version. I'm not sure, but it sure did act like a waterproof mascara. It was a bit difficult to take off. I had to use a ton of eye makeup solution. Also, this stuff clumps really easily. I basically hate most waterproof mascaras so that's a big reason I didn't like this. The other reason was because it was a bit dry and it clumps really easily. I had to stop using. I really hate when my mascara is fussy and difficult to work with. I think it lived up to the claims on the package but because I had a hard time taking off I won't ever buy again. I had to trash this. NEXT...

Over the years i've tried sooo many mascaras...but in the end i always get back to this one! nuff said :) love it

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is terrible. It flakes, gives only an average increase in volume, and for me it stung like crazy every time I removed it. I don't think my eyes are particularly sensitive and I've never had that reaction to any other mascara.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Clumps galore, that is all that needs to be said to know this product is crap.

-when it comes to mascara, I look for a volumizing formula rather than a lengthening one...So I gave this one a try, since it is called "Volum" Express. It was clumpy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this mascara junkie loves this mascara!!! and i've tried all kinds of mascaras. def recommend if you want volume and length minus clump even after you curl 3x!

I like this mascara a lot for everyday use. It gives great volume and a decent amount of curl to my super short, fine and blonde eyelashes. The length leaves a little to be desired, but it also holds up to my oily skin and doesn't end up under my eyes as much as most other mascaras I have tried. Best drugstore mascara I have used!

Im not understanding why people like this i found it disgusting. The formula was so clumpy. I have very thin short sparse lashes and this just didnt cut it for me. It was like clump in a tube.

AUG UPDATE: Flakes, clumps, flakes, clumps. It's a never ending battle. I think that I have spent upwards of $200+ trying to find a mascara that I like and I absolutely refuse to buy an HE brand. This one has too much volume, too many clumps and too many flakes. I had to keep brushing my face with my fan brush the entire time I was putting on my foundation, concealer and powder. I had black flakes all over my face. I must have combed my lashes at least twenty or thirty times on each eye...I will not be buying this again...It's a piece of overpriced junk!!!!!

I have been searching forever for a mascara ~ I finally found one that I liked and Maybelline discontinued it. So, my search is on again and I bought the Volume Express in the "turbo boost" formula.

This mascara is okay ~ I am not impressed. It gave me some volume, but not much length. I noticed some clumps and combed them out quickly. I wore this for about five hours and didn't notice any smudges. I purchased Very Black which is too black for my age and too black for daytime. I will use this a couple more times and report back. I may purchase this product again ~ the jury is still out on this one...

This product isn't the best, but it is quite good. It didn't clump or smudge at ALL. Most mascaras when I apply them, no matter how I try not to, they almost always tend to smudge a bit along the line of my lashes, which I then have to remove with a q-tip, which often leads to my lashes clustering together.. Not pretty. That being said, it seperated quite well and lengthened a bit, but not so much the volume it's supposed to be known for. That being said, I prefer length over volume in a mascara.

Popular Mascaras