November 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product. I really did. Initially both me and my sister thought it was amazing. Then, after a while... I noticed that the next day, I'd have more pimples. I stopped using it for a while (2-3 days) just to give my skin a chance to heal naturally. In one night I saw a difference without using it. I also don't miss the sting and pungent tea tree smell it leaves after putting it on. So, I believe that this was in turn breaking me out more. Also, drying me out after prolonged use. Wish I could love it, but I just can't. I'm going to try Origin's spot treatment next, and see how I go. It's only $5 more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this so far, but I will see what the future shall hold. It seems to be doing it's job, and even though my skin usually doesn't settle well with salicylic acid I figured this may be a little different since it was derived from Willowbark. The only thing that was off-putting (and this is pretty major) is that the smell was so overpowering it made me start wheezing. At first I thought I was allergic, but the wheezing as ended. I just cannot breathe in the strong "fumes"! Also, since it's a roller ball applicator it seems that bacteria from one pimple/blemish would build up and travel with each use. So, I use my finger to dab on the blemish oil. I will update if anything new occurs. Afterall, if this product proves to be a breakthrough then I will certainly raise the rating to 4. (The smell will always knock off one point).

UPDATE: So I've noticed that this product is VERY effective in lightening red spots left from recent pimples, which is wonderful since my skin is rather fair. On a negative note, this product hasn't helped with a recent pimple I had, which didn't have a definite head. I eventually lightly popped it last night, and all of the infection came out fine, it just looks a little red and inflamed. This product isn't helping to dry it out at all! I think I would be better off getting something with more tea tree oil, which was the reason I bought this in the first place. All in all I was hoping for much better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mrclark2

I've always had annoying red bumps, pimples, blackheads -- the works -- and I've never found anything that got rid of them that didn't irritate and dry out my skin, until this blemish stick. I use it in conjunction with Cortizone10 oatmeal lotion, and it really takes away the pain, redness, swelling, and everything. My skin has never looked better, but it also has never felt better. I used to have super irritated skin on my forehead and that has all cleared up. Did I mention this was all in about a week? Yeah. I know it didn't work for a lot of people, but it really worked for me and after years of trying everything I possibly could, I hope this stuff works for the long haul. I definitely recommend giving it a try. After all, if you're blemish-prone, $7 is a small price to pay to try something that might end the search.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sn1509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

when i first bought this product i thought i would love it, its so hyped up with claims of all these natural oils etc

however it really isnt that amazing - i used it for a week, and at first i thought it was helping with any blemishes i had, however after about four days it really irritated my skin.

for anyone with sensitive skin i would not recommend this, it burns and stings a HELL of a lot, i know a lot of people said this worked for them, but im just not a fan of the overly tough love when it comes to my skin, so this is a no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! If you begin to feel a pimple coming on, a dab of this, and it will completely prevent it from forming. You can dab this on an inflammed, already existing pimple and it will help it vanish pretty quickly. I apply it before I go to bed, and in the morning the pimple is a lot smaller! I recommend it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Limeas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is just awesome in every way possible. It really helps reduce redness and gets rid of pimples pretty quickly. I like to put it on before I go to bed and when I wake up my pimple is noticeably smaller. It doesn't get rid of it right away but the pimple goes away much faster with this then with any other product I have tried. The only downfall I can see is that it does sting a bit when you put it on but it goes away after a minute or two. It might not be too great for people with sensitive skin though because it is very potent.
I would and will buy this again. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my 4th bottle. Love this stuff. It always works and helps to clear stubborn pimples/boils in a few days but heals it and reduces inflamation right away.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by renie777

This worked great for reducing and eliminating my nasty cystic acne. It smells like tea tree and licorice which I prefer over some of the more medicine smelling spot treatments I've tried. A word of caution, try not to go over board with using it, or your skin will become red, dry, and irritated. I would sometimes have to go a max of using it every other night, depending on how sensitive my skin became.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

God, I hope this stuff works. Because it smells strongly of Pine- Sol, and then it smells like licorice, for about 10 minutes. Since it's on your face you really cannot avoid the smell. It's such a convenient roll on product. I put it over acne above and below the skin, but the sting wasn't that bad. It's nothing compared to alcohol or an acne toner going onto a pimple. If you feel it, you know it's working at least. The willow bark is the natural acne killer, and tea tree oil kills bacteria. The calendula helps with redness or swollen pimples. I think this is basically the same thing as the spot treatment, AND they are the same size with the same ingredients.

Update: I think I know why the spot treatment is better than this one, but it's probably a reason I can live with. It's getting cloudy inside the rollerball, and I can only think that it is from dry skin or skin cells that end up on the rollerball. They get inside the product. I have good skin for the most part, and just bought this a few weeks ago. I also keep my skin clean and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Chritylala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works! I have tried everything under the sun to spot treat pimples, and this seems to work the best! It even works on my cystic acne that flairs up occasionally. I apply once, let it dry for a minute and then reapply again. I will definitely repurchase!!