October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2004 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Schatzegal

I've used JR Leggets shampoo bar and found it effective, but a little drying. I was hoping this woud be gentler and that the peppermint would be refreshing in the morning. It was and rubbing it directly on my scalp banished a nagging case of soreness from an overly tight ponytail.

However, it didn't wash out the BB's Avacado Butter Hair Treatment (which I love). This left my hair greasy and stringy. I tried washing my hair again with the bar and my hair was cleaner, but dry and coated with film.

This would be a good environmentally friendly item for a camping trip (where beauty is secondary), but I wouldn't recommend it for everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by keepthepenny

This is an absolutely dreadful shampoo in every sense-- it makes my hair dry and yet leaves a heavy build-up, it's difficult to work through my hair and difficult to store because it comes in bar form. However, when I'm between cleansers, I use it as a facial soap and it works very, very nicely in that capacity! (Although does not remove make-up.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2004 1:51:00 PM More reviews by 70Jackie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this as a shampoo and as a body cleanser. It has a strong scent, that is natural smelling. A little goes a long way. Great for oily hair/scalp. Others seem to dislike this, but I love it, so to each her own. I would buy this again, it's great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I would definitely not use this on my hair, no way. I've heard it's very drying and bar soap forms of shampoo never really grabbed me. However, as a body soap I might reconsider, being that I love the smell and idea of this. Don't know if my initial impressions however, would score a repurchase. Luckily, I tried this in the trial pack size and would recommend anyone who's curious about this line to get the trial pack first. Burt's Bees take some getting used to for those of us who are used to pretty packaging and fancier products! Jury 's still out on this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know it's mean but I just have to laugh at anyone who really thought that a bar SOAP would be better than an actual shampoo- yes, Burt, I am laughing at YOU! This stuff is crap; and I mean crap. It's drying and the actual bar itself gets caught and tangled in hair! There must have been a cannibis scented soap nearby when this was formulated.

Maybe I'll use this stuff to bathe my cat.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2004 7:29:00 PM More reviews by miraclebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the Burt's Bees sampler pack. A shampoo bar sounds like a neat idea, but this stuff is no good! It felt very drying in my hair, and made it a tangled mess in the shower, plus it took like 15 minutes to rinse out. Not so good for those with hair longer than an inch. No thanks, Burt.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2004 6:02:00 AM More reviews by orch_id

my bf loves this too, but i hate it on my hair, it was super dry and tangled after i used this. so i guess its ok for people with really short hair (mine is chin length)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shengmei

My boyfriend LOVES it!!! He swears by it!!! It is a great Valentine gift to buy for a health-conscious guy, especially since sulfactants kill hair follicles. It helps hair to grow fuller.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2004 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Atreau

This dried my hair out and my hair didn't feel any cleaner after using it. It's also too easy to confuse it for your regular soap if it's a similar color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 11:39:00 AM More reviews by catlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was fully prepared to hate this product, seeing as I disliked almost everything else in the starter pack. It's hard to get onto your hair at first. You have to put it directly onto your hair--forget about trying to create a lather in your hands. However, it really cleaned my oily hair. Your hair will feel strange after rinsing, but a conditioner will help. I like the idea of a bar shampoo, but I would be more likely to buy it if there were a version that had a more feminine fragrance.