Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

i have repurchased this product. its really neutral nothing extraordinary. it is good for your face because it does not have any alcohol, basically does the trick. i don't feel the sensation of my pores opening up like i do with other toners though :(

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've only used a handful of toners and this is the best one I've used. I have oily, highly sensitive skin. Because of this I avoid harsh, stripping chemicals like alcohol in my skincare products. I started using this as part of my skin care regimen in high school and I had a gorgeous complexion, usually without any pimples. I switched to toners like Seabreeze because they were the cheapest ($3 versus $8), then Olay and Clinique because they were what my mother had lying around the house. I started getting a problem with strange little bumps along my hairline, itchy and sometimes irritated skin accompanied with pimples. I just started using this again and my complexion is pretty again! I wash my face, apply this with a cottonball, then put on eye cream and moisturizer. The leftover dirt and makeup shows up on the cottonball. I don't notice a sticky residue. My skin is soft and tends to "glow" with *usually* no pimples, whiteheads, or blackheads. I'm not sure if I'm ready to call this my "HG" toner but it is the cheapest alcohol-free toner I've been able to find and works great. I hope it never, ever gets discontinued.

This product is pretty much average. I purchased it because it was alcohol free as i did not want anything that would irritate my skin. I have acne prone skin and this product did not break me out however it did not really make a major difference either. It smelt kinda like rose water, and it did clean my skin, it was not sticky and easy to dispense. However my face did not have that "super clean" feeling afterwards and neither did it do much for breakouts. All in all i find this product to be quite average.

I have really dry skin that gets even drier especially during the period where there is change in season (weather). At first this toner seemed to work fine but after a while I began to feel as though it was really pulling my skin tight in an uncomfortable way. :( it got better after I went through tons of hydrating and moisturizing creams but I don't think I would want to use it again just because the experience was not pleasant at all :( I am usually a big fan of all neutrogena products but maybe just not this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Used for a few years to finish cleansing oily, sensitive skin and before BHA (not before Retin-A though). Works great, cheap, easy to find in stores. Only toner better for me was original Paula's Choice discontinued (boo).

I am quite a fan of all Neutrogena products and use this coupled with my Neutrogena cream cleanser daily. I was impressed with the clean feeling it left my skin with but noticed a change in my skin for the worse. I started to break out, but continued with this toner because I thought it was my skin purging all the dirt. 2 months later and I am still breaking out and wondering if this is doing more harm than good for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

nice gentle toner.
I use it sometimes after i cleanse to remove extra makeup, this toner does a good job of removing any excess. It doesn't sting any where on my skin. nice fresh scent. great refresher after a workout as well to remove extra sweat and dirt. love this as a gentle toner, affordable too :)

This is a staple for me. Light and refreshing, cleans my skin without drying, and removes almost all my makeup - it isn't as effective on long wear cream/gel liners, but I generally use an eye makeup remover for those anyway first. Doesn't sting or irritate. This works when my skin is normal or when it's dry/combo, and of course also when it's end-of-the-day-greasy. I've tried other comparable products but keep coming back to this, both for the price/value and quality/effectiveness.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have gone through maybe 3 bottles of this and will continue to purchase this forever. It gets all the dirt, oil and makeup out of your pores that your clenser missed. Doesn't sting or dry out your skin, just leaves it super clean. Great product!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Suffering from extremely oily, and acne-prone skin, I have yet to find my HG when it comes to toners. I have been using this toner for a little more than a week, and I have came to two conclusions: #1. It does not work well if you apply before beginning your day, and hope to see a less shiny face--in fact, it leaves a slight residue upon being applied--and #2, it is a great before bed toner--I feel as though my face is moisturized and refreshed--but yet again, do not expect any drastic changes to your oily face! Overall, I enjoy this product because it's "Alcohol-free," and prevents my oil glands from producing more oil (an effect alcohol has) however, it does not noticeably halt, or decrease my daily production. Maybe there is not a toner which last throughout the day, but it would be nice if I found one!--until then, this will due for the night time.
EDIT:
I am now using Clinique's "Mild" Clarifying Lotion which contains NO alcohol, but Salcylic Acid: interesting, eh? :)