April 17, 2014 | 1951 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Masque Oleo-Relax

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I wish it is easier to find kerastase products in Canada! (please update your website Kerastase!)

I first discovered this treatment while I was living in Japan. It was expensive but at the time, I had colored my hair and permed it in 3 days so my hair was extremely damanged. It just looked like a massive tangled mess! I picked it up on a whim and oh my best hair product purchase ever. The packaging sucks because the product is in a jar like case. In a shower it's easy to contaminate with water and you have to dip your fingers to get the product and the cap can get slippery etc etc but the product itself makes up all any flaws!!! After washing my hair, I apply this treatment generously all over my hair (careful not to directly apply on my scalp because it's very rich), wrap it up and watch my favorite TV show for half an hour and wash the whole thing off. My hair is shiny, healthy, soft and wonderful!!!!!! And unlike other rich treatment, it will not irritate my scalp or cause breakouts or residue build up. If you are suffering from damaged hair due to coloring and other hair treatment, I stongly recommend this product. It will definitely make a big difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kisska

This mask is a gem for my hair. I bought 2 of them in Aruba, in hair salon at Renaissance Mall. I paid just $23 per jar. I was really happy to find this great deal. It works perfectly, my hair is shining and soft, no frizz at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Curcan

this is it, i'm not buying other stuff, im done searching. this stuff works great HOWEVER, half way through the product i noticed it kind of stopped having the same effect (i used it everytime i washed), so i had to take a break from it and restart after a while. this product is definitely worth the cost because it lasts A LONGG TIMEE. u only need to use a little bit plus with the break and all.. you're set for quite a long while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by suggar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with Milena's post. I like this conditioner for its de-frizzing and added softness without any weighing down of the hair. Masq for thick hair is great for adding moisture but this conditioner is better for volume and de-frizz. I also am alternating between the two. It seems to be the best balance for volume and moisture! These products are amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I own both the Oleo-Relax masque and the Masquintense for thick hair. In my opinion and experience, Masquintense is better for adding moisture and softness while Oleo-Relax is better for defrizzing. I use either one every other week depending on my mood and what I think my hair needs. My hair is bleached, highlighted and lowlighted, medium-long in length (about two inches past my collarbone and a bit longer in the back), and frequently heat-styled. Oleo-Relax masque is an orange-colored gel-cream with a rose scent. I spread a walnut sized amount through my hair, leave it in for about 10-15 minutes and rinse. This makes hair SO smooth, sleek and shiny; it takes down any frizzies and flyaways. I haven't found anything that even compares to this product. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is the most concentrated hair mask of all Kerastase masks I've tried.After I put this on my hair,I can feel right away how this mask transforming my hair into pure silk.Oh Yes,this made my hair so soft,smooth and less frizzy like nothing else in this world,but also made my fine hair so limp at the same time.So I think this mask is to heavy for my hair,but life saver for dry thick haired ladies.You can't go wrong with Kerastase,just pick line wich suites your hair type the best.Even tough I will not repurchase this product again, still has my 4 lippies because It works,just works :P

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was my first foray into Kerastase and converted me to a Kerastage believer. I have thick, heat damaged, straight, frizzy hair, but a weekly treatment with this made a massive and noticeable improvement to the health of my hair. This is not the cheapest hair product out there but it does what it claims and calms my hair into a manageable state. I have converted a frizzy-haired girlfriend to this too…HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by kyee

I have blow dried and flat ironed my curly hair everyday for the last 15 years. So before I found Kerastase, I had dry, unruly hair and split ends. About a year and a half ago, my salon switched to Kerastase. I was amazed by the immediate, noticeable transformation Kerastase products had on my hair! Masque Oleo-Relax was one of the first products I tried. It made my hair smoother, shinier, and easier to straighten. When the Chroma Riche line came out, I tried that masque (along with the shampoo). After a few days of using the Chroma Riche, I had to go back to the Oleo-Relax. I use it as a regular, everyday conditioner. I don't have time to towel dry my hair, then leave it in for 5 minutes. This masque is the best I have tried so far. I have been using it with Ciment Thermique and Fluide Chroma Riche. The three products together are an excellent combination for me. My hair has never looked or felt better!

I just purchased the Bain Oleo-Relax today. The only reason I didn't buy the shampoo sooner is that I wanted to use up a huge bottle of Pureology shampoo first. I am not sure if using the Oleo-Relax shampoo will make a difference since the Masque and other products are already working so well. I will continue to repurchase the Masque. It is pretty expensive but I cannot live without it! I definitely recommend trying it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair type: thick and chemically processed (regular chemical straightening, black henna permanent dye - both salon based) with coarse texture.

I used this treatment once a week for 10 minutes.

Pros:
- divine scent, a bit like Calvin Klein's Escape - bringing back memories of the 90s and Christy Turlington and my life as uni student on a budget
- very moisturizing
- rinses out easily

Cons:
- is a but pricy
- probably not as good as my beloved Aesop hair mask in terms of improving the actual condition of my hair. Aesop can make my hair feel salon silky and strong in the way of Pantene ads but sans build up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by brucelegs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product along with the Oleo-relax shampoo and elixir together with ciment thermique have transformed my hair !. I do not use it daily but as a deep sonditioner once a week. I apply a walnut sized glob on my freshly shampooed hair and pop on a shower cap while I go have a cup of tea. fifteen minutes later I rinse it out, apply the ciment thermique, a couple pumps of the elixir and blow dry my hair.

My formerly dry and frizzie hair is soft and pliant, like it was 10 years old.

It may be expensive but since I'm only using it once a week the tub lasts me for a good time - at least 3 months. this is not a conditioner like others, it is a treatment and it takes time - so put it on your hair, wrap it up, sit down and have a cup f tea and let it work its magic for you