April 20, 2014 | 1621 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

i have this in almond.. bought 3 for $4 each.. thought because it was the body shop and their body butters work so well, thought this would too... big mistake. dries out my lips terribly like other reviews mentioned as well..
it does smell good. hate that i have to stick my finger in it. cute packaging, like the body butters.
wont purchase again..

** i dont believe how disgustingly dry this makes my lips. no other product that i have ever tried has done this to me.. im back to being a compulsive lip picker..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CuteSweetSlly1

suxxy! i got this in mango i think but not sure. it smelled good but tasted waxy and gross. it didnt absorb at all and left a layer of white paste! it did absolutely nothing good for my lips and made them look and feel like crap lol =(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

well i guess its my fault, seeing as this was 1. a complete impulse buy and 2. i didnt check mua reviews!! I bought the coconut one and pink grapefruit. Like other ladies on here say, the smell is this is really deceiving- im a huge coconut fan and this smells soooo yummy and well, coconuty!!! but it goes on thick, waxy and greasy. whats worse, is it just ''sits there'' it doesnt seem to absorb at all. I just ended up wiping this off in the end, i kept tasting it and that wasnt particularly nice either. Also it made my lips feel dry! There was a 2 for 8 promotion and i got the pink grapefruit one too as i love the smell but it tasted awwwwful!!!! i chucked that one away straight away and i guess the same will go for this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Primmadonna

I love body shop but this was not good. Its thick and pasty. It didn't absorb and just kinda left blotches of it on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had two of them Coconut and Brazil Nut. It smells gorgeos of course. But the texture is weird, sometimes is too oily and sometimes too grainy on the lips. It is best if used before going to sleep. Brazil Nut has better tezture by the way. What is more it makes your lips look white.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sauvyanna

I hate disliking anything from the Body Shop,but these Lip Butters do not belong in this shop,at all. It's so greasy, honestly, you end up swallowing the majority of it, because it does no absorb, at all... Then it feels really nasty in the back of your throat, and it just lingers there all day,with it's nasty waxy taste. The smell really is deceiving,heavenly, but decieving.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by chowchowface

I spent $10 for two of these (mango and almond) and the one upside; they smell heavenly! The scent it deceiving, however. When they first go on, they're very greasy and light. The taste (which I usually don't care too much about) tasted slightly floral and perfume-y. It was pretty gross and that bothered me a little bit. The lasting power is about half an hour on me, which, for a lip balm, is pretty unacceptable. Also, they hardly moisturize at all. Once they wear off, it almost seems like my lips are less moisturized than when I put it on (and I've never said that about a balm/gloss before). Overall, these are not good at all. Scent alone is not good enough for a lip balm. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BerrymintCharm

i got this product on boxing day for $6. which is 2 dollars off. i was really excited about this product because it smells sooo good, it's divine. some of the other review on this says that this stuff dries out their lips, however while it doesn't dry out my lips, it doesn't moisturize my lips very well. and even though i really really love and adore how great this stuff smells, i will not repurchase it again, because there is no point if it does not moisturize my lips, and it's very expensive also. the packaging is very cute but unsanitary. i bought 2 of these at the time, and i wonder what i was thinking...buying 2...it's not worth it at all. but then i will definitely use it up, just for how good it smells

so i overall, i would not recommend this product, even though it smells good, there are other good scent products that will actually moisturize your lips for less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2008 6:12:00 AM More reviews by midnight_plue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

passionfruit smells really nice. but other than that, i find it not moisturizing enough. >_< my lips still get dry and the lipbalm leaves a whitish cast on my lips when it dries. and it's a bit pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by tekanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop's lip products are usually really good, but this one was really disappointing. My lips turn dry and CRUSTY like ten minutes after I've applied this and I usually have lips that barely ever go dry. They smell really good, but come in a messy packaging. You have to dip your fingers in it.

Try their hemp lip protector or vitamin e chap stick instead.