December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer! I have been using this for over two years now and I just love it to bits and pieces! I am fortunate enough to not have any issues with dark undereye circles but instead I use it to even out my skintone and conceal redness or random spots that may have cropped up. It is very creamy and soft and melts instantly upon contact with your skin (whether it's your finger sliding across the surface of the contents within the pot or actually applying it onto the skin of your face). It covers everything you want/need it to cover pretty darn well. It *can* go on sheer but of course you can always build up the application to make it more opaque as desired. I have not had any need to look for another concealer because this one is extremely efficient at what it does. I believe sephora.com is in the process of phasing out this concealer from their online inventory (*cries*) because the shade I use went out of stock just after the VIB sale that took place two months ago and instead of being restocked it is no longer even listed as a shade option. GRRR! I hope TheBalm doesn't go out of business for a long time to come and that they never even so much as think about discontinuing this product. 5 stars, easily! Very, very highly recommended for anyone who has something she wants/needs to conceal on her face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mistywarden

After years of struggling with disappointing drugstore concealers and caking on extra foundation over blemishes I have seen the (lighter than) light! LOVE this concealer more than I can describe. Under my eyes this is amazing, just tap it on with my finger, rubbing seems to not work as well, either over or under foundation depending on my mood. Very creamy, light scent of something I can't quite put my finger on but can't smell unless my nose is in the pot so it doesn't bother me.

Side note: who wears any kind of makeup to bed?! This is not a night cream no matter what the fine print on the back of the pot says. Be smart, guys.

I don't know what the drama is about the cheap packaging, honestly you have to dip your finger or brush or whatever into any cream concealer since even Bobbi Brown, MAC, and Laura Mercier come in a pot that's just heavier plastic. I make sure to wash my hands and face before applying makeup and I only use it on myself and spray the top periodically with alcohol anyway. It does start to look rather oily on the surface after a few uses but does not separate like some tube liquid concealers I've had before.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by WistfulRouge

First and foremost, i loved this. sure, there are a little bit of problems here and there, but doesnt every product? anyways, reasons why i liked this was that it has great coverage. it isnt awful and sheer, like every other concealer i own. the thing i look out for the most with okay-good coverage concealers, is if it's cakey and accentuates dry skin under your eyes. i havent tried this anywhere else but under my eyes. i have really dark undereye circles, sadly it runs in the family, and i can barely cover them up most of the time. this does the job. it doesnt make my undereyes look pale or discoloured from the rest of my face, either. i purchased the mid-medium shade. it does crease here and there, but not too badly. for me, it does last okay though. the only thing i would like to be different about this, is i probably would like this a bit less greasy. it is creamy when applied, but you absolutely have to put on a setting powder. i would rather use a concealer daily that i could reapply throughout the day without needing anything else. but all in all, i loved this. 4 lippies!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by biliboong

I did a gigantic review of this on my blog, so I'll try to keep it short here.

I don't like this product. I have very bad under eye circles and have had bad luck with pretty much every concealer I tried. The reviews on this were so good, I just had to try it when I saw it in a complexion kit at TJ Maxx. It was in the shade Light. First of all, it's orange on me and I'm about NW-15 to NW20. I've read people of similar colouring say even Light-Medium matched them perfectly, like wut. It was too dark on me. Made me look dirty.

It didn't cover at all. It was worse than Erase Paste. Dried down into a yucky powdery finish.

The product was creamy, yes.
The product was easy to blend, yes.
But it's a crappy product, imo.

What a shame. I love theBalm products.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by itsjenna007

I'm not sure if some people got bad ones, but mine was just fine. The one I have is actually very creamy. I like this one better then mac studio finish concealer, which I find to be way more dry. The color I have is 'light' and almost looks like my NW20 select cover up concealer. The only think I don't like is the packaging. It's very cheap and looks like a 10 cent container. I am not the type to buy products based on whether or not I like the packaging though, as long as it is still easy to use and the product itself is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by catherinegosselin

Alright so here's the deal. Dark circles run in my family, big time. I've tried pretty much every concealer on the face of the earth to cover them, and none of them seemed to do the trick. I tried the Benefit Erase Paste and found it worked more on blemishes than dark circles. Then I found this. I paid 23$ and was it ever worth it. I've had it for a little over two weeks and it makes my circles disappear completely. It starts off very thick, but you're supposed to warm it up on your fingers or the back of your hand, then it glides wonderfully. I'm not the kind of person to buy higher-than-drugstore brands often as I don't normally need them, but I would pay 23$ again for this one. I don't really care for the packaging. If they make it this simple and it saves me money, good enough. Very good product if you use it well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is really thick and cakey but when you lighten it it's kind of nice...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this concealer for about a week now. I think its pretty okay. It's not the best I have tried & I think my $6 Glamoflauge is better. It does conceal my dark under eyes & it stays put all day which is pretty much all that counts for me being that that's the only place is use it. I also think this little tub will last me a long time. I received it in a swap and it was used a lot but it doesn't even look like it's been used at all. I'm not sure yet if I'd spend the money on it because like I said earlier my $6 concealer is the best I have found yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dejavudu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second little pot of light to medium concealer. I used this over two years and that little pot last me a year and half. When I first used it - it was nice and creamy. It covered my undereye circles and does not settle into fine lines. A little also goes a long way. Over time, the product dried out and oxidized probably because the oils and make up from having to constantly to dip my concealer brush. The packaging leaves something to be desired but hey if it makes it cheaper for them to sell than I am all for it. I discarded the sponge it came with and I normally seperate the small amount I need to use for the day with a small clean spatula you get from Ulta or Sephora. That way its stays more hygenic. I bought it off their website with 25% from the discount code I got from Myglam and got free shipping. They shipped it the same day and received my order two days later. At $12 - I would repurchase again when I run out. Also - I think it makes a difference ordering direct from Timebalm- the concealer seemed fresher and creamier and I had no problem blending.

EDIT 12/20/12 - I just purchased another concealer in medium for half price on Haute look. I discovered that if I spray my pointed foundation brush with a setting spray, use this to stipple and shear out from the middle - than I get an airbrush look. I actually skip foundation altogether whenever I do this. Its better than any cream foundation I have used. However I have not tried The Balm's cream foundation simply because the concealer is more pigmented and cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Dbedwell

Way too dry, caked. Do not reccomend.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No