October 21, 2014 | 971 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is really thick and cakey but when you lighten it it's kind of nice...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this concealer for about a week now. I think its pretty okay. It's not the best I have tried & I think my $6 Glamoflauge is better. It does conceal my dark under eyes & it stays put all day which is pretty much all that counts for me being that that's the only place is use it. I also think this little tub will last me a long time. I received it in a swap and it was used a lot but it doesn't even look like it's been used at all. I'm not sure yet if I'd spend the money on it because like I said earlier my $6 concealer is the best I have found yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by dejavudu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second little pot of light to medium concealer. I used this over two years and that little pot last me a year and half. When I first used it - it was nice and creamy. It covered my undereye circles and does not settle into fine lines. A little also goes a long way. Over time, the product dried out and oxidized probably because the oils and make up from having to constantly to dip my concealer brush. The packaging leaves something to be desired but hey if it makes it cheaper for them to sell than I am all for it. I discarded the sponge it came with and I normally seperate the small amount I need to use for the day with a small clean spatula you get from Ulta or Sephora. That way its stays more hygenic. I bought it off their website with 25% from the discount code I got from Myglam and got free shipping. They shipped it the same day and received my order two days later. At $12 - I would repurchase again when I run out. Also - I think it makes a difference ordering direct from Timebalm- the concealer seemed fresher and creamier and I had no problem blending.

EDIT 12/20/12 - I just purchased another concealer in medium for half price on Haute look. I discovered that if I spray my pointed foundation brush with a setting spray, use this to stipple and shear out from the middle - than I get an airbrush look. I actually skip foundation altogether whenever I do this. Its better than any cream foundation I have used. However I have not tried The Balm's cream foundation simply because the concealer is more pigmented and cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Dbedwell

Way too dry, caked. Do not reccomend.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd feel a whole lot better about this product if it did not have talc in it. And since it is listed third on the ingredients list, there must be a whole lot of it in the formula. Talc dries out the skin and causes the product to crease and wear off more quickly. It's a decent concealer on the whole but I would definitely NOT ever sleep in it! This is no nightime eye cream no matter what this company tell you. Talc is not in eye creams for a reason!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Veropie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Upon first applying the product it did seem to cover but wouldn't work into the skin as it should, unless you plan on tugging or pulling or using that wretched sponge it comes with and we all know that the eye area should not be manhandled. It begins to crease rather quickly and requires constant checking and patting in order to remove the creasing that inevitably happens throughout the day. I agree with another reviewer in that the thing I find most offensive is this ridiculous claim that you can "apply before bed to fight wrinkles while you sleep." Firstly, if you look at the ingredients it is full of things I don't really want on my face during the day let alone at night while I'm sleeping. Secondly, it is irresponsible of any company to suggest that you sleep with any makeup products on. Even the truly natural/organic brands would never suggest that and the fact that they suggest that this chemical laden stuff should be absorbed by my skin overnight is truly ridiculous and even somewhat offensive.
It is most definitely expensive and overpriced, especially since it simply doesn't live up to any of its claims and/or hype.
Packaging is so-so, nothing special and at least you can see the color but I absolutely hate that worthless sponge it comes with.
I will definitely never be purchasing this again and I hope that my review, along with others, will prevent others from wasting their money on this as well. If you really want to try this out and see if it works for you please purchase from somewhere with a great return policy so that you can return it if it doesn't work for you. Also, if you truly like the idea of an undereye concealer that is also a treatment for the undereye area (and I absolutely do) then I highly recommend afterglow cosmetics organic triple eye treatment; a truly phenomenal product that is my hg undereye concealer. :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lankika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this concealer in shade Medium, which is listed as being for olive/tan skintones. It works well now with my winter skin color but will be too light to be of use during my summer tan.

Although the concealer feels very light, it gives full-coverage. I tossed the sponge and found my fingers to be the best. Itís a bit too pinkish for my golden skintone, so I use a yellow color corrector (Paul Dorf Camouflage) underneath the concealer for under-eye darkness. Although the color isnít an exact match, it blends in well without feeling heavy/cakey. So far it hasn't creased under the eyes and it covered up hyperpigmentation decently.

I do wish theBalm carried much more shades, since their darkest shade (Medium/Dark) is too pinkish for my summer skintone, and is barely dark enough for most people. (My constant frustration with cosmetic brands not taking into consideration that people with darker complexions also do want makeup/foundation to match them!)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shine4739

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its okay for medium dark circles. it has a pinkish undertone and slightly neutralizes dark circles but cannot cover them fully. i dont use it for the rest of my face due to its pinky undertone which looks unnatural on my pale, slighty yellow-toned skin. the texture is good, doesnt not look cakey but does not stay on oily skin and tends to set in the fine lines around the eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product for concealing under my eyes. I just tap my finger into the pot, you need a really little amount. I have dry skin and it doesn't accentuate it or cause flaking, it doesn't crease on me either, I do put my setting powder over it as well though.

I have it in Lighter than Light (I'm NW20/MUFE 115). I like that it has a salmony undertone, perfect for under your eyes. I do also use it for redness and acne scarring.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I received this in a swap so I'm not familiar where to buy this product or the price of it. I have this pot concealer in the shade mid-medium and it's the exact shade of my skin. I'm very content with this concealer. Being a thick paste like concealer, I was surprised to find that this doesn't crease or cake under the eyes. It looks natural and stays on all day. I love that I can cover my under eyes and blemishes with one handy concealer. It does have decent cover but not great. For example, for minor blemishes one layer will do. For moderate to say severe blemishes, I would think you would need 2 layers. For mild under eye cirlces, one layer is fine. But for someone like me with dark hereditary circles, I need about 3-4 layers. I can tone down the layers if I apply a corrector before the concealer. Overall, a good product and i recommend this.