Wet 'n' Wild #666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 9/13/2009 2:47:00 AM

I have a very light upper lip and I was looking for something that would make my lips match. I bought this because many people raved that this was a MLBB color. But this liner looks garish on me. I would only use this for a formal occasion, and even then I'd smudge it and take off most of it. I can't use this smudged under clear gloss because it's so dark compared to my lips. Also, it makes my lips itch a bit, which I would have ignored if the color fitted me more. The texture is silky, though, so I'll give two lippies for that.

on 9/8/2009 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Its a little metallic-y but its nice as a neutral lip-liner.

on 9/3/2009 12:30:00 PM

Love this! I was never into lip liners, but I thought at 99 cents I couldn't go wrong if I didn't like it - LOL! Plus I've seen the recs by makeup artists for this as a universal flatterer so I thought it was worth a go. The color is perfect for me, a shade or two darker than my natural lip tone. I just line my lips with a thick line, smudge the inner part of the line to blend into my lips, and then apply a gloss over that(at the moment L'Oreal's HIP gloss in Coy, which has been d/c, sadly - it was my HG). Easy daytime look, and for night, great under a lipstick and then some gloss on on top of that. Since other reviewers have mentioned the difficulty of finding this color, I'm going to stock up when I do, as I just hate it when something I like just disappears. Since the pencil is long, it lasts a LONG time too.

on 8/4/2009 4:23:00 PM

I have been using this lipliner every since I started wearing makeup. I've read in magazines how this was universally flattering and figured to give it a try. I love the color. It is easy to use a light application for a wash of color and build it up to a nice wine color with a hint of brown. I like that the shade is like a shade darker than my lips, so it is perfect for me. The consistency never bothered me. It is a tad drier than my other lip liners but I love the color.

If you are still not sure to try it, its only 99 cents. It won't kill you or break the bank. You might just like it!!!

on 8/2/2009 3:18:00 AM

The colour is a close enough dupe ( a bit less pink) for Chanel Nude, which is my HG lip liner.

I've been meaning to find this for several years, and finally scooped it up on a trip to Buffalo today.

I applied it while waiting in line to cross the border, I was so anxious to see if a 99 cent product could replace my ($25?) Chanel.

It cannot. Sadly, though the colour was spot-on, the texture was terrible. Rough, dry, and difficult to apply, even after trying the tricks mentioned in other reviews such as warming up the pencil between my hands. By contrast, the Chanel has stayed moist for five years so far (same liner!) and applies like a dream, even now.

666 was a disappointment. Great colour, and of course great price, but otherwise unsuitable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have heard about this liner forever and kept forgetting to pick it up! I am so glad I finally did! I am fair with a light tan during the Summer and I LOVE this under gloss. I can't deal with full on lipstick in the heat. This is a great way to have a more polished look than just gloss. Get some! It's .99! I have spent 20x that on makeup I hated lol.

on 6/5/2009 5:07:00 PM

I'd been scouting around for either a lipstain or matte color that would enhance my natural lip color without bringing too much attention to my rather large lips. This was such a fun discovery, right there on a Walgreen's endcap when I was buying my creme eyeliner. Perfection, and for 99 cents. Of course I'd heard about this famous little number for years, but hadn't been curious till now. Too bad, because I love it. It suits my coloring, and lasts longer than lipstick, defines my lips without dressing them up (adding some gloss on top fixes that if I so choose), basically doing everything I was looking for. I smile every time I apply it, thinking "99 cents! 99 cents".

on 5/29/2009 9:37:00 AM

I saw this featured on the Today show as a cult beauty/cheap find. So of course, I had to go try it..even though I don't really even do liners. That said, it is a really nice color. A bit darker than I anticipated when I heard all the hype, but I nice neutral color. I put some on all over and then topped it with Smith's Rosebud Salve and it looked like I had full on lipstick...not just a quick slap on. The color is almost a burgandy.

on 5/25/2009 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! The color is beautiful on its own. For a typical day, I use Blistex Lip Medex lip balm and then casually fill in lips with this pencil and go - it works great! Highly recommended for the lazy :)

on 4/4/2009 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have spent years trying to find this, and I finally got one today. The LAST one, tucked away with w'n'w eyeliners. Man oh man! As soon as I got home I put it on and then some dr. pepper lip balm. I know it may sound a little cheap, but when I went out almost everyone wanted to know what I had on. It was the best combo I've ever put on my mouth in my opinion. It is such a beautiful color. The liner really adds warmth to my lips, and stays put a lot better than most liners I've tried (My lips are so full that eating or drinking leaves lipstick marks on my chin, not cute, but this didn't!!). The color is like a mauve with more brown to it. Honestly I'm not really sure what the color is exactly because it was just plain neutral, maybe two shades darker than my natural color. Anyway, 99 cents, lots of product, and works fabulously with dr. pepper lip balm.
In case you're wondering when I joined MUA, w'n'w 666 was on my mind CONSTANTLY. So much so that I put it in my user name. I don't think other users would get that though lol.
Great buy!!!!!!