December 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Korres - Body Butter - Guava

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an ok butter but i don't think its thick enough for winter time when my skin gets super dry & itchy. It did make my skin feel soft & silky though so this would be good during any other season for me,just not winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Griffin1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never been a fan of guava, or anything remotely tropical, when it comes to body care. I should have ignored the sales at Sephora and continued walking. I have enjoyed every single Korres product to date, and let me tell you, visiting their flagship store in Soho on my birthday was like a trip to mecca. Kid in a candy store. Anyway, I decided to take a risk and bought 2 tubes of their Guava Body Butter at a promotional price of more than half off the regular cost. $12.50, I believe I paid.

As I mentioned in my other reviews, I like Korres's packaging. The sealed pump is easy to use, easy to control, and there's little waste. Unfortunately, I didn't care for this butter. Even the name generally doesn't appeal to me. Who wants to look like a basted turkey on a spit?

The texture of the product was too thick for my liking. It had little slip and it took a while for the skin to absorb it. And the smell, while not offensive, certainly didn't compliment any fragrance I'd care to apply. AND it lasted a full 24 hours. Now who does that? No one wants to go around smelling like a piece of over-ripe tropical fruit. It did leave my skin feeling nourished, however. One mark for that.

So long story short, I think I'll stick with my Lemon body cream from C.O. Bigelow and pass on the body butters. Lesson learned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dont like this product. It doesnt absorb well, doesnt moisturize well, and the scent is cloying like a self tanner metallic coconut tropical smell. I got it at sephora for $9, not worth it, I could never finish the lotion so i'm returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by bruno777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product sucks! Yes, when I first used this product on my hands my skin felt so smooth and moisturized but after walking around for about 15 minutes my hands were as dry and as hard as all get out. I purchased this from Sephora. Thank God for their return policy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by morbidgummy

This smells sooooo good, and feels good as well. A little goes a long way and it's so luxurious. It leaves my dry hands super smooth and soft and I can't stop touching and smelling them afterwards! LOOOL.
I'd buy this again and again. Love korres, they can do no wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Wonderful ingredients, very moisturizing, and so pleasantly scented! The smell lets me dream of lounging on a sunny beach, watching the ocean with a pina colada in hand. :-) Even my mother commented on the very nice scent. I borrowed her the body butter, and even she, who has extremely dry skin, found it perfectly moisturizing, without being sticky! Top product, will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Korres body butters are the best I've come across for my dry, dry, dry skin. My favorite scent is the yoghurt, but guava is a close second. The guava is spicy with a slight fruity note, not overwhelmingly fruity. I like the scent a lot. I actually wish the scent lasted a little longer than it does. The product itself works amazingly. I apply it night and day and it really helps my beat up hands. It also moisturizes my elbows and knees excellently. This stuff is undeniably pricey, but I have never come across anything as nice as it. The ingredient list is chock full of good stuff, so you are paying for quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bby6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Ulta for 50% off and boy was I excited! 8oz for 13$! It smells tropical...like whipped cream with mango and coconuts but the smell is light and not overpowering. This size comes in a squeeze out tube, I also went out and got a travel size (it's actually quite large, lol) to carry in my purse. The formula is thick yet absorbs well and finishes quite different than any other body moisturizer I've tried (I've been on a bath&body kick lately and have accumulated an insane amount of body creams.) the finish is very silky. Although I do wish there was some shimmer like Olay quench I would definitely buy this product again and again. I'd say this is my HG and no longer do I have the desire to buy any creams anymore. BTW this is way better than TBS mango body butter in terms of well..everything, packaging especially! If you like the smell of TBS mango body butter you will LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by stopstaring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Korres Guava Body Butter, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways ... well, for one this is SO HG! Light, fluffy, unbelievable un-sticky texture, absorbs in an instant and leaves you skin moist and saturated with goodness until your next shower. And oh, the SMELL! I am very allergic to most frangrences, and thanks to the natural ingredients this delicious, gourmand-y, spicy, sexy fruity fragrance does not bother me at all, I want to eat it up! I apply this compulsively just for the scent enveloping me. After using this every day for 4 weeks, I can never live without it and have stocked up thanks to a crazy deal currently on the HSN site, which makes it far, far less than the MSRP which is $29 for a 7.95 fl oz tube. The perfect marraige of fragrance, texture, easy absorption and above all, excellent moisturization with superior ingredients. Everything I could ever ask for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

I was surprised and pleased to find out that the scent of this body butter is not the cloying, sweet, fake mess I'd imagined, but really a light, fresh, and more complicated scent- I think it has a hint of spice. It's complicated enough that you likely won't think GUAVA!!! when you sniff it, more like "hmmm, nice, kind of fruity." As for the formula, body butter encompasses a wide range of textures, and this is definitely one of the lighter ones. It squeezes easily out of the tube, and sinks in fairly easily. This will not moisturize as much as a super-heavy-duty butter, but I found the moisture to be quite sufficient.