Korres Body Butter - Guava

4.2

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Oil (Hybrid Sunflower), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Dicaprylyl Ether, Squalane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum Parkii, Persea Gratissima Citral, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera), Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Parfume, PEG 8, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum

Agree with the others that this product smells more like sweet coconut than guava. Although the coconut smell isn't too over-powering and is a bit more mellowed out.

As with all Korres products, I really like the texture of this body butter. It's not too thick and is easily absorbed when applied. It doesn't leave any sticky residue and seems to keep my legs and arms moisturised for the entire day.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm starting to think I got a bad batch of this because mine didn't smell tropical or like guavas at all, and I love guavas. Instead, it was herbally and almost grassy smelling. It was just okay in terms of moisturizing properties, so I don't think I'd repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an ok butter but i don't think its thick enough for winter time when my skin gets super dry & itchy. It did make my skin feel soft & silky though so this would be good during any other season for me,just not winter.

I've never been a fan of guava, or anything remotely tropical, when it comes to body care. I should have ignored the sales at Sephora and continued walking. I have enjoyed every single Korres product to date, and let me tell you, visiting their flagship store in Soho on my birthday was like a trip to mecca. Kid in a candy store. Anyway, I decided to take a risk and bought 2 tubes of their Guava Body Butter at a promotional price of more than half off the regular cost. $12.50, I believe I paid.

As I mentioned in my other reviews, I like Korres's packaging. The sealed pump is easy to use, easy to control, and there's little waste. Unfortunately, I didn't care for this butter. Even the name generally doesn't appeal to me. Who wants to look like a basted turkey on a spit?

The texture of the product was too thick for my liking. It had little slip and it took a while for the skin to absorb it. And the smell, while not offensive, certainly didn't compliment any fragrance I'd care to apply. AND it lasted a full 24 hours. Now who does that? No one wants to go around smelling like a piece of over-ripe tropical fruit. It did leave my skin feeling nourished, however. One mark for that.

So long story short, I think I'll stick with my Lemon body cream from C.O. Bigelow and pass on the body butters. Lesson learned.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I really dont like this product. It doesnt absorb well, doesnt moisturize well, and the scent is cloying like a self tanner metallic coconut tropical smell. I got it at sephora for $9, not worth it, I could never finish the lotion so i'm returning it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product sucks! Yes, when I first used this product on my hands my skin felt so smooth and moisturized but after walking around for about 15 minutes my hands were as dry and as hard as all get out. I purchased this from Sephora. Thank God for their return policy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This smells sooooo good, and feels good as well. A little goes a long way and it's so luxurious. It leaves my dry hands super smooth and soft and I can't stop touching and smelling them afterwards! LOOOL.
I'd buy this again and again. Love korres, they can do no wrong.

Wonderful ingredients, very moisturizing, and so pleasantly scented! The smell lets me dream of lounging on a sunny beach, watching the ocean with a pina colada in hand. :-) Even my mother commented on the very nice scent. I borrowed her the body butter, and even she, who has extremely dry skin, found it perfectly moisturizing, without being sticky! Top product, will definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Korres body butters are the best I've come across for my dry, dry, dry skin. My favorite scent is the yoghurt, but guava is a close second. The guava is spicy with a slight fruity note, not overwhelmingly fruity. I like the scent a lot. I actually wish the scent lasted a little longer than it does. The product itself works amazingly. I apply it night and day and it really helps my beat up hands. It also moisturizes my elbows and knees excellently. This stuff is undeniably pricey, but I have never come across anything as nice as it. The ingredient list is chock full of good stuff, so you are paying for quality!

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I bought this at Ulta for 50% off and boy was I excited! 8oz for 13$! It smells tropical...like whipped cream with mango and coconuts but the smell is light and not overpowering. This size comes in a squeeze out tube, I also went out and got a travel size (it's actually quite large, lol) to carry in my purse. The formula is thick yet absorbs well and finishes quite different than any other body moisturizer I've tried (I've been on a bath&body kick lately and have accumulated an insane amount of body creams.) the finish is very silky. Although I do wish there was some shimmer like Olay quench I would definitely buy this product again and again. I'd say this is my HG and no longer do I have the desire to buy any creams anymore. BTW this is way better than TBS mango body butter in terms of well..everything, packaging especially! If you like the smell of TBS mango body butter you will LOVE this!

Top Rated Korres Products