Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

on 11/11/2008 1:33:00 AM

After reading the reviews and being oddly intrigued, I had to go out and buy an extractor. I have huge, horribly clogged pores on my nose (read: blackheads) that never go away (thanks, mom and dad). At first, I couldn't seem to be able to use the darn thing: I followed everyone's directions, but just couldn't hardly get out any gook. After much practice, I finally found a technique that works and man alive, does it ever! As someone else stated, there's nothing like putting on your makeup the next day while admiring your newly emptied-out and tiny pores. Haven't done any extracting for a while, and I know my pores are just begging to be purged...I think I'll go scrub my face and get to work right now ;)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect to remove those annoying blackheads that aren't removed with washing your face! I had no trouble using this at all. Be gentle, though! It works best then. It was about $10. I don't see a reason this would ever break.. and it's not like makeup that'll run out.. I guess if I lost it then that's the only reason I'd have to be rebuying it.. but I would if I knew I had lost it for good!

on 8/31/2008 2:32:00 AM

Alright so this was my first attempt at this product which based on reviews here i thought would be amazing....and it did nothing. I think once black head came up. I wanted mostly to use it on these little white heads near my nose/cheeks that I'm concerned may turn into pimples if I let them zit there...didn't extract a single one. I did however give some indentations on my face from trying! Maybe I'm using it wrong, maybe my pores are too small, I don't know so I'm giving it the benfiet of doubt becuase if it works for some women, great! Just didn't work for me :( I'm mostly disapointed by the price, 9 bucks was waaaaaaay too much. Should be more like 3 or something.

on 8/26/2008 11:24:00 PM

Love this! I agree with the reviewer who found using it on pesky remaining blackheads after using Biore strips worked well. I mainly use it for whiteheads though.

My mom bought one for herself and one for my brother since was raving about it and neither on of them could get it to work... but they both have very different skin than mine... Mine being dry to normal theirs being normal to oily.

I was able to make one work on my brother (maybe cuz I've perfected my technique?) but he still couldn't get it to work by himself. Gross I know but he had a really painful pimple from wearing a football helmet.

So um now I'm totally grossed out and slightly embarrassed from reviewing this product, but it's such a good product I just had to.

on 7/26/2008 2:21:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product because of all the great reviews. But I tried this 3 times already and it did NOTHING, not even ONE blackhead left my nose :< Maybe I'm using this wrong, I use the the flat side on the small loop :( And I put it around my blackhead and apply pressure, and htis is after I take a shower. and nothing! I'm soo mad D:

on 7/13/2008 6:13:00 PM

This tool is totally disgusting but completely satisfying, hehe. It extracts blackheads really well. You need to get you pores open first though-just running it over your nose/face gives you indentations and redness. I just steam my face for 5-10 minutes or do a mild glycolic acid peel and then run the smaller end over my nose and a couple of minutes later my nose is nice and clear.

It's dirt cheap because you can use it over and over.

on 7/12/2008 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Another one of my must have :) I love this extractor -- the angled end is perfect for extraction --and it does so without damaging the skin around my face.

on 7/7/2008 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

AMAZING! I use Biore's Ultra Deep Pore Strips to remove the majority of the blackheads from my nose. Afterwards, I use this product to get the really pesky ones (ie the ones buried in the corners of your nostrils). And it all comes out. The greatest part is that it leaves absolutely NO scarring! This is definitely my HG!

on 7/5/2008 11:48:00 PM

Didnt like it at all! It hardly took out my blackheads/whiteheads and it hurt when I pushed it on my face! Irather take out my blackheads and whiteheads out myself by squeezing them out!

on 7/3/2008 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

It's pretty scary how much gunk comes out of your pores with each use of this magic little tool. If you have oily skin and live in the middle of a filthy city like me it really comes in handy. I find it a constant battle keeping my pores clean and using this extractor two or three times a week certainly helps. I think the smaller loop works 1000 times better than the larger end. In fact, I haven't had much luck with that side of the tool at all. It's easiest to use straight after hopping out of a steamy shower. I seem to get the best results then. I usually follow with a a mask of sorts but sometimes I just use a toner to tighten the pores back up. I get a brief reddening where I've used the tool but it doesn't last very long. The only tip I'd give is remember not to press very hard. You really don't need to. If the gunk is ready to come out it will...if not..leave it for your next session. If you have oily/combo skin that is prone to clogged pores this implement is an essential part of your armory to fight them off. Just remember...gently does it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools