August 21, 2014 | 1633 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jazmina94

I had high hopes for this product because of all the great reviews. But I tried this 3 times already and it did NOTHING, not even ONE blackhead left my nose :< Maybe I'm using this wrong, I use the the flat side on the small loop :( And I put it around my blackhead and apply pressure, and htis is after I take a shower. and nothing! I'm soo mad D:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This tool is totally disgusting but completely satisfying, hehe. It extracts blackheads really well. You need to get you pores open first though-just running it over your nose/face gives you indentations and redness. I just steam my face for 5-10 minutes or do a mild glycolic acid peel and then run the smaller end over my nose and a couple of minutes later my nose is nice and clear.

It's dirt cheap because you can use it over and over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another one of my must have :) I love this extractor -- the angled end is perfect for extraction --and it does so without damaging the skin around my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtie537

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I use Biore's Ultra Deep Pore Strips to remove the majority of the blackheads from my nose. Afterwards, I use this product to get the really pesky ones (ie the ones buried in the corners of your nostrils). And it all comes out. The greatest part is that it leaves absolutely NO scarring! This is definitely my HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by prmami212

Didnt like it at all! It hardly took out my blackheads/whiteheads and it hurt when I pushed it on my face! Irather take out my blackheads and whiteheads out myself by squeezing them out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's pretty scary how much gunk comes out of your pores with each use of this magic little tool. If you have oily skin and live in the middle of a filthy city like me it really comes in handy. I find it a constant battle keeping my pores clean and using this extractor two or three times a week certainly helps. I think the smaller loop works 1000 times better than the larger end. In fact, I haven't had much luck with that side of the tool at all. It's easiest to use straight after hopping out of a steamy shower. I seem to get the best results then. I usually follow with a a mask of sorts but sometimes I just use a toner to tighten the pores back up. I get a brief reddening where I've used the tool but it doesn't last very long. The only tip I'd give is remember not to press very hard. You really don't need to. If the gunk is ready to come out it will...if not..leave it for your next session. If you have oily/combo skin that is prone to clogged pores this implement is an essential part of your armory to fight them off. Just remember...gently does it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OMG! I love this products! I use an origins charcoal mask which rids skin of all impurities then after i put a HOT washcloth on my face & use this. It all comes out so easy! I am in love! Definately my HG! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kppontrucking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I got it for about $9 at my local CVS and it works wonderfully. It's very satisfying to use after taking a steamy shower because it's easier to get out all that sebum that's been collecting in your skin for ages. The price is very reasonable considering it's stainless steel, doesn't rust and is of high quality construction. I have a feeling the one I have will last for a long time. Be sure to clean it with rubbing alcohol before and after each use to sterilize it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is amazing addictive and so very much fun. i ran out of blackheads on my own nose (incedentally its never looked better) and i used it on my husband who had crazy huge pores just chock full of the stuff, it basically jumped out of his just with a little pressure. anyway he made me stop after a minute but it was so satisfying i almost wanted to do it to him while he was sleeping....he'd wake up...i think....
ooh def clean the area before and after and splash cold cold water on your face too. closes the pores up...
the big side is useless to me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by SushiGirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

To XcolorMEc0utureX - yes this is the product you want .. the flat side is to extract blackheads and the thinner loop is to pop whiteheads.

But I totally agree with the reviewer below - if you are a chronic pimple picker, this may very well be your worst nightmare .. especially if you own ones of those mirrors that magnifies your face!

The least harmful way to do it is to press a warm compress on your face prior to extraction. This primes your faces. After extracting, apply a good toner on your face. And of course, TRY to only extract pimples/blackheads that are ready to come out .. too much pressure leads to scarring!