October 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG. HG. This has completely healed my dry chapped lips. Another 'why did I wait so long to try?!?' product.

It's more like a thick heavy protectant, but not uncomfortable. I pat on a thick layer at night after exfoliating if needed and there is still a bit in the morning.

During the day I use the Nivea Raspberry Rose Kiss Butter (big pot, just dip your lip in- no fingers needed). My dry bleeding lips are now very, very happy. Probably picking some up for family members this holiday!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

OMGosh, the French really know how to make their facial treatments! First off, this lip balm smells like honey mixed with citrus fruits. The formulation is very creamy, once you warm it up on your finger tip a bit, and matte. It feels like pure LUXURY on the lips right away. And I feel like I have applied a treatment & not a layer of vaseline. Yes, it does not dissolve right away. But if you apply it before bed, you will wake up with full and moisturizer lips in the morning.

Seriously, I don't recognize my lips today. They aren't full of cracks and feel so smooth. And the best part is that they don't sting, as if I wore a lip plumper. On another note, I actually liked the container. The heavy glass glass makes it feel like it isn't a $5 gloss. And it is only heavy because of so much product.

Overall, this is my favorite lip balm at present. I use it both at night and in the morning. Only 1-2 times per day because that is all that is needed. Switching it off with my Sara Happ Lip Slip, as I am trying to finish that one. Both are great, this one is better as treatment. Cost $15, lasts 2 yrs!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by YoshiAna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My absolute all time favourite lip balm. The consistency is rather grainy though the moment the product applies to the lips, it melts and feels lovely on. The lip balm is matte after applied which I love because it looks nice under a matte lipstick. I only ever have to use it in the mornings and evenings because it leaves my lips moisturised for so long. After purchasing this last year, I;ve yet to use any other lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by misstye

I do like this lipbalm for the daytime actually as it had a sort of matt finish so works brilliantly underneath lipsticks! At night i like to use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream which is more of a glossy balm. I can feel now though as it's gettingcolder this lipbalm is going to get used a lot more, especially if i get cracked lips which sometimes happens at -14deg! =) I would buy it again as i think it is worth the full price. Looks like it's going to last atleast 12 months. I do regret not buying a few of these when they were on sale! The scent is not my favorite as I find it to be a a little citrus.. i'm not a huge fan of those citrus but the honey cancels it out so it's fine! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Shesvogue

I have never written a review when it comes to skincare and the like- or anything for that matter. However, I have deemed this lip balm more than worthy enough to merit my going through the process of creating this account just to relay to you guys how AMAZING this product is. Having been a lip balm connoisseur my whole life, I've traversed high and low for THE holy grail lip balm- purchasing perhaps over a hundred (I'm not hyperbolizing) lip moisturizers, balms, sticks, etc., with prices ranging from $1 to $140. In my opinion, this is the best. For only 20 bucks, it's a steal- considering that it achieves results that truly surpass what la mer ($50), sisley ($70& $140) and Rodin ($50) lip products of this nature has to offer.
It's pleasant smelling, matte, not viscous, yet still maintains a rich and luxurious texture. To add to that, your lips will imbibe this stuff with haste. Simply speaking, it's like crack for your lips.
The first time I tried this was after an 18 hr flight to London, sans lip balm. I was hungover and dehydrated upon boarding and my lips were cracked and peeling and all that bad stuff.. Needless to say, the flight exacerbated my unfortunate lip plight and thankfully, I crossed paths with this wonderful product. One application of this completely revived my lips- I was so amazed. The cracks were gone and my lips were literally perfect- no lines, evenly toned, hydrated and soft.
Everybody who owns a pair of lips should purchase this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by blakie

ahh this lipbalm is the bomb! first of all it smells amazing, like a sweet lemonpie and most importanly it makes my lips so soft. I personally love that is so thick, so you dont have to reaply 100 times in a day, plus you used less product and this is not exactly the cheapest lipbalm. I have tried so many lipbalms and this is honestly the best one out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a TON of lip balms all over the house and I really do like a variety of them. But this one will be the one I will always repurchase. This is like a lip treatment for me. Not one of those throw in your purse and slather on randomly (which you could still do) but a nightstand kind of lip balm. I've had mine for almost a year and only half way through it. The consistency is very thick but if you warm the product up and work into your lips it doesn't feel suffocating. Yes, it has little grains of something in there but they dissolve. It's also a matte balm which is a rare find and I love it all the more for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by siamese63

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. It's matte, which makes it a great base for lipstick. I also wear it overnight. Keeps my lips really moisturized.

Update: Packaging. It comes in a GLASS pot and today I dropped it in my washbasin.Aaaargh! Of course it broke. Please put it in a plastic pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this lip balm so badly, but unfortunately I just couldn't. it feels luxurious to the fingertips, however when you apply it, it drags on your lips. I tried everything from really working the balm into my lips, to applying large amounts. nothing worked, my lips were just as dry as before, if not, more so. lastly, the smell is toxic, it's the most nauseating, migraine inducing lip balm I have ever smelled. it's absolutely revolting, and I'm quite upset that I cannot return it since it was so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most amazing lip balm that I have ever used, and at $17 CND, I'm happy to report that I'd buy it again when it runs out because I absolutely love it!

1. The texture is grainy, yes, but it smooths out on your lips and sinks in amazingly, it's really intensely moisturizing. I use this before bed too and I wake up in the morning and my lips are still moisturized.

2. The people complaining about it being "suffocating" are the ones who are slathering on wayyy too much. This product is very thick, you don't need a lot, and the jar is huge so it will literally last a super long time.

3. The smell is absolutely amazing, it smells like honey and lemon.

4. It dries to a MATTE finish, it's not sticky or shiny looking, so it makes an absolutely amazing base for lipsticks. It makes lipsticks stay on better and it keeps my lips from drying out.

5. I bought this during the summer, I haven't tried it yet during winter but I know it'll be what gets me through it alive.

This is my all time favourite lip product. It's amazing and I'll buy it again and again when it runs out. P.S. DON'T buy the stick version of this, it's $8 cheaper, but it's not nearly as good, not at all.

EDIT: I lovvvve this precious lip balm, however the lid BROKE so easily, it was dropped a very small distance and the lid broke, so now I am unable to use this product, it became sketchy after the lid broke. I wish Nuxe would make a plastic jar version of this with a more heavy duty lid, the jar is just asking to get broken! At $17 I am very hesitant to buy this again, though I feel like it's my HG lip balm. Also, The Body Shop just released a honey line, and the Honey Lip Balm is very similar to this, just more glossy.