July 25, 2014 | 935 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Miriam44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a gift so I'm not too upset that this was a loss, but it did not work well for me. After the first day, my lips seemed less soft than usual (I usually wear moisturizing lips balms for days and Chapstick or argan oil before bed) and slightly chapped. Two weeks later, the chapped problem has gone away so maybe that was just me getting used to it. One plus is that I did not have a reaction to this, which often happens, so that was nice but it is really overpriced for the quality. The texture is too thick, it has a strange waxy appearance that is not luxurious at all, the smell is menh, and the jar is a pain- I liked it until I dropped it and cracked the bottom a tiny bit on the outside. Sigh. Too heavy to keep in my purse. I will keep using since it was free but would never repurchase. I was shocked to find out the price of this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I had so wanted to love this but oh my gosh it burns! I must be intolerant to some of the essential oils. My lips feel + look wind burnt and inflamed after wearing it :( Which is pretty much the opposite to what it is supposed to achieve.

Disappointing, especially because I liked it in every other respect (texture, scent, packaging etc..)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by squizzersqoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a VERY STRANGE product...
when i first started using this, I was extremely disappointed because it didn't seem to make any difference on my lips and considering this is like a "cult" product of many beauty bloggers/ makeup artists I was quite surprised. But still, I continued using this religiously for about 3 weeks or so, and then I stopped. When I started using this lip balm AGAIN just to *try* and see if it could miraculously work on me, IT DID!

This is what another beauty blogger/youtuber (Fleurdeforce) mentioned about this product too. When she first started using this, she didn't see what the hype was about. But when she used this the second time, she fell in love with it!

I don't know what about this product makes that possible, but nonetheless this is an AWESOME matte lip balm that keeps my lips hydrated all dayy err day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Holymacarony

This is a completely matte lip balm, that stays on forever, and really works. I always put it on before I fall asleep at night, and can still feel it in the morning, and my lips are soft and nice. The bad thing about this is that it comes in a jar, so I never takes this with me when I´m going out. It comes in a "lipstick" package as well, witch is really nice and handy to take outside. This has a thinner formula, but are just as nice. I will repurchase both of them again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ana1761

This is my HG lip treatment. I knew I loved it, but never knew how much until I tried something else (decleor) (i'm a product junky) and my lips went all dry and cracked. Use this overnight and problem solved. Soothed and healed sunburned lips in no time.
I use it every night and my lips are soft and perfectly moisturized all next day. I love the thick texture for overnight use- not thin, glossy, waxy, sticky, drying-after-10-minutes etc as so many others are. It goes on in a moisturizing coat over my lips and stays put, doing its thing. I think this would be a great product for guys, too. Nice neutral smell, not overpowering.
Also use this on occasion when my eyes need a super moisturizer. I had to do a course of medicine that made my skin really sensitive- esp. my eyes. They went all red, extremely dry, flakey. Just nasty. So, after trying boat-loads of targeted eye treatments, I decided to use this. Just as awesome for eyes! Only thing that helped.
I've never used a lip balm as perfect as this, and I've tried heaps- pretty much everything Sephora, department stores sell- nothing as good as this.
Good value, too- one jar lasted me almost a year!
If you're looking for an intense, thick, lip moisturizing treatment then this is for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard great things about this balm and was attracted by the luxe-but-natural (ish) reputation of NUXE's products. Having now received it in the mail, I'm not crazy about dimethicone as a listed ingredient, though in fairness there really are a lot of natural ingredients as well. Essentially this is nicely scented, honey-infused shea butter with a few of the usual chemicals thrown in for good measure.

All that aside, the consistency is pleasantly thick but not waxy and provides a consistent moisturising effect throughout the day. I also think this would be a good lipstick base. Upon application I feel a very slight tingling, an effect that goes away quickly and hopefully does not signal some kind of sensitivity to the product (will update if this occurs as I know many others out there are fragrance sensitive as well).

The jar looks very elegant, but it is excessively heavy glass for such a small product. I don't really need more things weighing down my bag unnecessarily.

UPDATE July 26th 2013: Unfortunately, I am experiencing sensitivity to this product. It irritates and dries out the skin around my mouth to the point that it flakes off terribly, and it also seems to leave the skin on my mouth slightly irritated. I would advise those with sensitive skin to steer well clear of this one--expensive mistake.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by FWM2012

I love this product however I prefer using it at night time before I go to bed so that my lips aren't dry and chapped in the morning. I also carry it around with me by transferring it into a little Bobbi Brown 3ml plastic jar. However during daytime I don't use it alone I use it as the base and then use Elizabeth Arden 8hr Cream Lip Protectant Stick or another product. It lasts for ages well I've had mine for over 6months and there's still loads left. You don't need to use lots. As people have said you do need to gently work it into the lips. If you drink something straight away it does leave a sticky residue on the glass, bottle or can. So in summary I would recommend it as an overnight lip balm so that you wake up with soft moisturised lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lip balm is the only thing that can recover my chapped lips overnight even if they are in really bad condition. I rely on it if I intend to rock the lipstick next day. Just apply it before going to bed and wake up with perfectly smooth and plump lips. I can easily wear it during the day, it doesn't feel heavy on the lips and tastes delicious. Will repurchase when I run out. I used to like Decleor Hydra Floral lip mask, but this one is much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Pleasant smelling, pleasant consistency- thick, forms protective layer on lips.
Doesn't dry lips, but won't do much if my lips are very dry and chapped.
Works on semi dry days.
Jar is well made and will be used for shea butter afterwards, but I dislike having to use my fingers for applying when outside my home.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by inbetweendays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe me when I say I did not want to fall for a $19 lip balm. I was intrigued by the claims that it would actually heal chapped lips instead of coating them. I was skeptical but I am a believer, now. This little pot of wonder is worth the hype and cost. Subtle fragrance, ever-so-slightly gritty, and soft texture which really sinks into your lips. I usually favor aquaphor or vaseline at night but always wake up with parched lips. This balm actually feels as though it is healing my lips and they are in better condition after use. Yes, I hate the container but what can you do? The stick gets bad reviews and I bet the texture has to be sacrificed to put it into a stick so I'll just apply with clean fingers. Would definitely re-purchase!