Should probably be rated 3.5, but I'm feeling generous today.
This is the best lip balm I've used so far. Then again, that isn't really saying much because I've been highly dissatisfied with everything else I've tried. This product is decent, but I only really use it at night nowadays, as I find it leaves an annoying, very unattractive white residue on the corners of my lips, kind of like dried saliva or toothpaste... >_> Maybe I'm not rubbing it in thoroughly enough?
- NOT at all shiny or glossy
- sufficiently moisturizing, for me at least (I live in a fairly cold climate for a good portion of the year, and I have a bad habit of licking/picking my lips; on the other hand, my lips rarely get extremely dry, e.g., to the point of cracking/bleeding)
- jar contains a lot of product; I've been using this everyday (and very generously) for > 4 months and I have less than 2/3 but way more than 1/2 of the jar left
- has a "luxurious" feeling...I suppose this is subjective...but at least it doesn't feel waxy or greasy like other balms I've tried. Other reviewers commented on the "gritty" texture. It really doesn't bother me; in fact, I barely notice it, unlike say, Lush's abominable "none of your beeswax" >_<
- aforementioned residue in corners of lips
- doesn't absorb completely, so there's a layer that just sits on your lips. Annoying when you need to drink/eat.
- jar is quite bulky, and the extra bulk is completely decorous. Would much prefer a more streamlined design making it easy to stuff in slim purses.
- not too fond of the smell (it's pretty light), though am mostly indifferent. I can see how others might find it unpleasant.
The lip balm comes in a heavy glass jar with a white screw lid. The actual lip balm has a typical balm consistency, and I donít notice any grittiness. It goes smoothly on my lips, and it feels very comfortable, not sticky at all. The finish is matte, so this lip balm is definitely safe for men who think other lip balms are far too glossy. Also it works great under lipsticks due to the matte finish. It smells very softly of honey and citrus, but I havenít noticed any taste.
It gives a nice amount of moisture, though I donít feel like itís moisturizing enough for my lips. It is a lot better than any other lip balms Iíve tried to date (EOS, Badger Company, Carmex, Burtís Bees and Blistex), so I will definitely continue using it until I discover something better. I bought mine for £9.50, which seems to be very pricey for a lip balm. The jar contains a generous amount (15 grams) of product, so it will last for a long time.
Overall this is the best lip balm Iíve ever tried, but itís still not perfect. My lips feels softer and I havenít experienced any cracking while using this, but I really wish it was a touch more moisturizing. The packaging looks good, but I always apply my lip balm on the go, and it feels unhygienic to stick my dirty fingers into the product.
This is the best lip balm I've ever used. So far nothing beats even half of it. The smell is amazing.
I use it as a normal lip balm and also as a lip exfoliator (using the little bits). This is a must-try and must-buy!
I had been wanting to try this for a very long time. I was able to get it for a discount so I thought "why not?". I feel like this lip balm is best suited for healthy or slightly chapped lips. For instant pain relief, I use Jack Black or blistex lip medex. However, I love the luxe feeling of this balm and feel that it does actually penetrate the lips. I am also extremely picky about lip products. This certainly does live up to the hype. After only a few weeks, I have made quite a dip in the pot! The formula is just irresistable! I also love the smell.
Update: I still love this lip balm! It smeels amazing and really penetrates my lips. I recently tried the Weleda Everon lip balm and hated it! This is soooooooo much better.
WHAAAAAAT? I dont know if the demo was too old, but it was grainy, smelled horrible, and was as thick as Crisco. One word: DISGUSTING.
I adoreeee Nuxe! It does go on thick and slightly waxy but I quite enjoy the texture as a protectant. The ingredients and smell are lovely (pretty good for you stuff, I think? please correct me if I am wrong).
if its packaging weren't so cumbersome I would use it all day, although this is not to say that the packaging is bad! It adds to that luxurious effect with a pretty frosted glass tub. I put this on before bed and it stays put well into the next morning until breakfast.
Update: I now own 3 tubs of this. One is by my bed, one in my purse and one at my office desk - I am completely addicted and in love after months of having this. I live in a cold climate which makes my lips chap and peel easily, but wearing this every night before bed really helped the issue. I wake up with soft, healthy lips every day (just remember to exfoliate every once in a while!).
The first tub I purchased that I had lost then found, experienced that grittiness you read about in reviews can be rubbed in and melt away. The tub I carry in my purse and use more regularly is consistently soft, smooth and easily wearable.
ANOTHER Update: Look up Nova Scotia Fisherman Xtreme Lip Care. Not as pleasant/pretty as Nuxe but boy does it work for a fraction of the cost!
This is my favourite lip balm ever.
- LOVE the scent so much.
- It's matte, which makes this an excellent lipstick base.
- This is the most nourishing lip balm I have found so far.
- A little goes a long way.
- The texture is very smooth and feels very comfortable on the lips.
- The little pot is made of glass and feels luxurious. It is not very user-friendly or sanitary. I just make sure I use clean fingers.
- The price is quite high (about Ä13), but you get a massive amount (15g) which is much better value for money when compared to the stick version (Ä7 for a mere 4g).
I used to use the Nivea Honey and Milk lip balm, but this is way more nourishing and the smell is even more like real honey. I'll definitely repurchase, and maybe I'll get the stick version to carry in my purse.
Nuxe reve de miel lip balm,contains:honey,plant oils,shea butter,grapefruit essence! It really gives back the hydratation to the lips! It applies verry well,it last fairly long! the smell is amazing:honey! Love it!
I finally picked one up to see what the hype is all about.
Nah !!! There are lots of lip products that perform equally well. Like all lip products, they are mainly oil & wax concoctions, they all moisturize (unless for allergic reactions).
What I don't like about this is:
1. the price, I believed it is about $14.
2. the jar, I can just just press it on my lips for application but as the product gets half empty, I have to use my finger, and ended up wiping off the greasy fingertips after application.
I do not have excessively chapped lips, however, my lips do get dry during the winter and after wearing long-lasting or matte lipsticks.
I have been using this lipbalm for over two weeks, once in the morning and a thicker layer at bedtime. My lips are more chapped than they have ever been. At first I assumed that it was the winter weather, but I realized that this lip balm is to blame (the extreme chapping subsided almost immediately after I stopped using this product). At their worst when using this product, my lips were chapped to the point that they would crack and bleed. This did not "help" my lips in any way and did nothing but make them worse.
This balm never really "sinks in" and just sits on top of my lips in a waxy layer. I am not fond of the scent (it does not smell like honey, it has a chemical citrus scent). The only redeeming quality of this balm is that it is matte and is not greasy. Also, some balms cause me to break out in small blemishes on my lip line, and this balm did not cause this. I do not mind the jar packaging for a lip treatment balm (I don't like pots for lipgloss, but I do not mind them for treatment balms as I only apply with clean fingers in AM and at bedtime.)