December 21, 2014 | 1268 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by cdiorlipglossgirl

This is the waxiest, least moisturizing lotion I've ever used. It left a thick white film on my skin that I had to scrub really hard to get off in the shower. Into the trash it goes. The only pros would be that it is fairly inexpensive and the smell is ok.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by sinful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a present and i found it really difficult to spread on my skin. It is sticky and thick.. doesn't really feel like a cream at all. It feel waxy and not at all moisturizing. As many reviewers indicated, the product feels like it sits atop the skin rather than being absorbed by it. I suppose for those who have extremely dry skin, this might be a good barrier against cold weather and the elements. However, as a moisturizer... it just doesn't cut it for me. The smell reminds me of play-doh... and I probably would never buy this product. There are better moisturizers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by livelifeglittering

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite products of all time. It literally makes my hands (and I also use it on my elbows and knees) smooth, soft, and healthy looking. The smell of it is absolutely amazing. I got my first jar when I was 10, so applying it just brings in childhood memories. Within the first week of use your once dry hands are now baby soft! I can never have enough jars, staple item for sure. Only complaint it I hate having to reach in the jar, would love a tube made of it instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Tati77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm still trying to work through my jar. As another reviewer mentioned, this cream is very oily and the oil basically just sits on the surface, not soaking in and not really moisturizing at all. I wanted to like it, as I am a fan of Burt's Bees and like almond scents generally, but I absolutely hate the feel of it on my hands. Even under moisturizing gloves overnight, it's just too much.

I will say that I like it applied very lightly on my elbows. It seems to work better somehow, ultimately leaving them hydrated and soft, and I don't mind how long it takes to soak in as I guess my elbows are sort of out of the way!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just finished my jar of almond milk hand creme.

This isn't a creme -it's a thick marzipan-like paste. The smell is great, but very strong, and it moisturizes well. It's perfect for very dry cracked skin. It does have a grainy texture that annoys me - I think a smoother texture would drastically improve the product.

The only really bad thing about this product is that it's packaged in a retro glass jar; cute, but difficult to tote around. It stayed on my bedside vanity for this reason. It's also very little creme for the price - although my 2oz jar lasted three solid months with nightly use on hands. Didn't do as much for cuticles as I'd hoped.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by stelladiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just purchased this and I like the weight and scent of this hand cream. I agree with other reviews that it smells like marzipan, and I for one don't find it waxy; in fact it absorbed well and my hand looked a few years younger right away. I was looking for a creme that didn't have water as the main ingredient. For a product that is oil-based and should provide a decent barrier, I am impressed with how light it feels. I get tiny spots of eczema on my shoulders and back, and I'm going to try this. My allergist told me any lotion in a pump will be too light, and I should only use oil-based creams in a tub to protect the thinning parts of my skin. I don't like the feel of mineral oil, so I am glad to find this product in my drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suffer from really bad dry skin. It's to the point where my hands bleed. I figured this stuff would help moisturize as it's a cream. Well, I love the smell but it's greasy. It doesn't really sink into the skin but kind of sits on top of it. This might do better if i wore gloves while sleeping. I was expecting this to be better as I love Burts Bees products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

During the winter months when my hands can get very dry and at times chap, this very heavy hand creme does the job. I apply only at nite time because it is greasy but effective. In the morning my hands are like brand new. The almond smell does not bother me, and I like the glass jar it comes in, I dont have to use this every night because there is no need, it does not burn or irritate my skin. Overall it is one of the best hand creams out there in my opinion also the Nivea hand cream with macadamia oil. My husband says this cream smells like new tires LOL. I will repurchase when I run out but it looks like it will last me the whole winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Ryokumuji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This hand creme works great to moisturize my dry hands. I'm pretty OCD about hand washing, especially now that I work at a hospital, but the biggest set back of this hand creme? The SMELL. Oh god, the SMELL. It's funny because I actually like almonds and I love the smell of almond pastries. I just can't get past the smell of this stuff, it actually makes me ill.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by hwendles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this product today at the department store after hearing wonderful things about the brand. Namely their eye creme but I was on the lookout for a hand moisturiser. My hands are chronically dry and I seem to always be reapplying lotion to keep them soft and moist. Upon trying the tester, I was greeted with a smell I was not quite used to but the thick consistency of the cream was lovely and quickly absorbed by my skin. It also had great lasting power and I feel that this is a much more efficient means to moisturise my dry hands. I will keep buying this always!!