July 30, 2014 | 2068 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by cut3ang3l89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased a Purell hand sanitizer bottle which came with a mini bottle of hand sanitizer a few months ago from my local supermarket. The two bottles cost me around $2. The mini bottle is 1 fluid ounce, and has a cap that flips open to dispense the product. The bigger bottle is 2 fluid ounces, and instead of it having a cap like the mini bottle has, it has a white pump that looks exactly like both the black MAC pump and the pump that comes with the CoverGirl Trublend Liquid Makeup. I have a lot of trouble getting the foundation out of the bottle (which is why I took off one star for this foundation). Once my bottle of hand sanitizer finished, I cleaned the pump it came with & started using it with this foundation. Since the pump works so great dispensing the foundation, I will not be spending money to get the MAC pump. I do wish though that CoverGirl can fix the bottle so that the foundation can come out a lot easier when turning the bottle upside down, and therefore we will not have to spend extra money buying pumps to get the foundation to come out. I took a second star off for this foundation because it makes the skin around my forehead look very dry & patchy even when using moisturizer beforehand. Other than that, I do like this foundation, and I love the fact that it matches my skin tone and that it makes me look natural like I don't have any makeup on.

This is what the 2 fluid ounce bottle looks like, except that its not the advanced hand sanitizer gel from Purell: http://www.purell.com/products/on-the-go/3050-24-cmr.aspx

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

Worst foundation I've evr had the despair of using. After applying the slick oily product to my face and allowing it to "dry", made the mistake of touching my face, and came away with fingertips full of foundation! Will never evn think of repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Nylemaj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I see a lot of reviews complaining about the sheerness of this product, and yes, it is indeed quite sheer- but that's easy enough to combat. I read how someone put layers and layers of this product on and I just hate the mere thought of that! If you have a problem with sheerness, just mix it with another foundation that has a nice coverage (that's what I do, and it works just fine). Another qualm is the packaging- yes it sucks. The triangular is really a bad bottle shape, but I've found that if you just shake it with the lid on and *then* tap the opening on the back of your hand- or whatever you want to put it on- it come out perfectly fine (Just make sure you have the lid on tightly while shaking- yikes) Overall, it's nice for controlling oil- but I would never use this as my main foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Aj224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product itself is great! Good color match on my skin, blends well, and stays on for a long time compared to other foundations I've used. The only problem with this foundation is the packaging. Barely any product comes out of the opening on the bottle, even when you turn it entirely upside down. I got the hang of it after a few uses, though so it's not enough of a problem to make me not want to repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by BriannaSlone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Decent color selection and price. It lived up to it's expectation, it does control oil decently well. It offered no coverage what so ever and wore off in about 4-5 hours. It's also ridiculously hard to get out of the bottle, even with storing it upside down I had to dig into the glass jar with my pinky. The main problem was that it never seemed to come off. Seriously. This stuff survived through a makeup wipe, a scrub, cleanser and toner. After I would pat my face dry there would be brown makeup residue all over my white towels. Because I could never get it off I broke out horribly. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetheartxoxo

I Would recommend this product, I Have oily skin and when i saw this being advertised I had to buy it and when i tried it out, It doesn't give your skin a dry matte look but it for sure helped with reducing the oily appearance on my skin, I paid like $6 for mine at Shoppers Drug Mart, I don't know if you can find it cheaper anywhere else, But definatley, I will probably continue buying this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Ninjakitten14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I HATED THIS. This my skin look terrible! I have oily-dry acne-prone skin, and this dried my skin, make it more oily, and broke me out all the the same time! So not worth 8$ at all. Then again covergirl products never worked for me. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by sippingzoot

I have combination skin, but more on the oily side. Somewhat thick, feels like a mask if you over apply it. It doesn't hide large pores well. If you have blemishes you'll need a thick layer to hide well. I agree with other reviewers that it makes my face shiny after a couple of hours. Its lasting power is mediocre. It does come off on blotting paper. Having tried Revlon's Colorstay foundation in Buff Beige which matched my skin perfectly, I got this foundation in Buff Beige and the color is way too dull and have more of a pinkish tone. I'm not picky on packaging but it is annoying getting this gravity-defying stuff out of the bottle. After a few days of wearing it I developed red rash marks on my face. I don't know if I will continue to use this product. It causes inflammation and will make my skin age faster.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like a "foundation" look, and I have problems with concealers looking Cakey. I like powder foundation, but sometimes need a bit more coverage to hide red spots. That is what I use this for. I don't use it all over my face, but I use it under my eyes and around my nose, and it works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by arw155

Too thick of a product and made my face more oily than trying to prevent the oil. Never repurchasing; waste of money.